The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Bartons Cove  (Read 822 times)

Offline DeeH4242

• IceShanty Rookie
Bartons Cove
« on: Mar 03, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Anyone been out to Bartons Cove recently? If so, how are the ice conditions? Any fish biting?

This year I finally got back into ice fishing after fishing off and on the last couple years. I've been trying to get out to local lakes and ponds near me since some of them I've never fished before, especially through the ice. Bartons cove being one area. I was thinking of trying it out this weekend as long as the conditions allow it. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bartons Cove
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2021, 09:09 AM »
they are fishing it. it's a very slow place to fish. always bring a plank as water levels fluctuate daily and may need a plank to get on/off at times

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:48 AM »
I would add that you need cleats on your boots. The ice where you get on is frequently slanted and the snow melted.

Offline DeeH4242

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2021, 09:04 AM »
Thanks for the info. I stopped by yesterday after work to check things out and the ice seemed pretty good. I didn't have anything with me to check thickness, but I walked out a ways and it seemed good(scientific I know). There was a decent amount of ice piled up along the edge from the water level fluctuations, but no issues getting on. That was my first time ever going down to the campground. It's a nice little area. I think I'll be trying it out Sunday afternoon after work.

Offline SkunkLuvver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2021, 11:34 AM »
I took my wee nephews there last weekend and there was 14” in the inner cove. Probably lost 2-3” with the warm wind last week but can’t imagine more than that disappeared.
First time ice fishing for both of them and it went great. No flags but fun with pannies on the flasher all day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.