The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Marcum LX7 or Vex FLX-28?  (Read 623 times)

Offline fred skalanga

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum LX7 or Vex FLX-28?
« on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:52 AM »
I have used my Vexilar FL-12 for the last 15 years with an added on Tri-beam transducer the last 12.  The transducer just stopped being able to detect my jig past 70 feet and so I just got a pro view 9 degree in the mail yesterday.  They don’t make the tri-beam anymore.  I want to be able to fish down to 180 feet for lakers (togue). I’ll see if it works this Thursday.

What is the best for deep fishing lakers (togue)- the new brushless FLX-28 or the Marcum LX7?  I read all the back and forth about using the 9 degree pro view transducer in shallow water for panfish, but I suppose I could get a straight 12 or 20 degree for the Vex if needed when targeting panfish.  What is best for togue when they’re deep like they are now in Sebago?

Offline Idahoice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum LX7 or Vex FLX-28?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:18 AM »
I use the marcum Lx7 lithium. It’s a sweet setup. Great in shallow water or change the cone angle for deep water laker fishing.  I’ve caught tons of Lakers with it down to 180 feet.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:40 AM »
I have the LX-9 (same as lx7 just with camera added)
it works great! easily blocks out inference, does what it should do.
I also have mine on the Lithium Shuttle, and i would never go back.. shuttle is huge improvement.
my buddy with a hummingbird (i think) cant use it when I am nearby due to interference, while my screen is clear

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2021, 07:02 PM »
I use an lx 7 while my son uses a .owrance elite 4 chirp.  I have a hard time eliminating the interference on my lx 7.  Any tips will be much appreciated.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2021, 08:55 AM »
I have the LX-9 (same as lx7 just with camera added)
it works great! easily blocks out inference, does what it should do.
I also have mine on the Lithium Shuttle, and i would never go back.. shuttle is huge improvement.
my buddy with a hummingbird (i think) cant use it when I am nearby due to interference, while my screen is clear

Yeah the Helix 5.  If I mess with the noise rejection and the IR setting I could get like 90% of the interference gone but I also had to turn my gain down so not ideal.  I'm sure theres more experienced users that know how to eliminate it all.
westernmas on the finder

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.