The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Out of state fishing  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Fjb6673

• IceShanty Rookie
Out of state fishing
« on: Mar 01, 2021, 06:58 PM »
Was wondering if anyone here has fished out of state this winter? Have a chance to stay and fish at a friends cabin in Vermont. I have no problem buying a 3 day license, but it says you have to quarantine 14 before you can fish, which isn’t possible for me. Curious if anyone else has fished VT, and are they strict about their quarantine period.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Out of state fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2021, 06:59 PM »
I believe all the Northeast states have a compact right now that its ok to go to neighboring states with out quarrentining yourself. I know NY does.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2021, 03:58 AM »
Was wondering if anyone here has fished out of state this winter? Have a chance to stay and fish at a friends cabin in Vermont. I have no problem buying a 3 day license, but it says you have to quarantine 14 before you can fish, which isn’t possible for me. Curious if anyone else has fished VT, and are they strict about their quarantine period.
You will be able to rent don't worry. Just check with property owner. I'm sure there are some high anxiety owners, most just want your money

Offline Fjb6673

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2021, 04:37 AM »
You will be able to rent don't worry. Just check with property owner. I'm sure there are some high anxiety owners, most just want your money

Not renting, friend letting me use cabin. When I was looking into buying VT fishing license, their website said if coming from out of state, must quarantine 14 days before going out to fish or hunt.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2021, 04:52 AM »
Either follow the rules, or use your discretion. That's up to you.
I bought I license, fished, stayed in a cottage, got fuel and was able to do so without coming into contact with any strangers. Safer then me going to work realistically...

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2021, 04:53 AM »
start quaraniting on the lake in ur shelter
 ;)2

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2021, 06:30 AM »
If you self quarantine in your home state that as ok.

I have fished out of state and have never had an issue with anyone.

I pay at pump, get food thru drive thru, I really only get out of my car when i get to spot.

Be smart about it and you will be fine

My work is near the ma/vt border. I see people everyday from vermont and new hampshire. They are quarantining in the ride down, thats about it.  :)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Most antagonism is aimed at people who refuse to wear a mask, so wear a mask when going into town. Since you are staying at a private residence, you can claim you have been quarantining.

Offline Ruimachado

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:04 AM »
Fished NH a few times and nobody ever asked any questions, it's a guideline not law, just be smart about it and do your thing, you're not going there to party.
Fishing and hunting is the most social distancing activities you could ever do.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:36 AM »
Fishing and hunting is the most social distancing activities you could ever do.

This has been the least distant ice fishing we have had..never seen so many people on ice
been to woods pond? i think they sit 2 a chair there...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:45 AM »
This has been the least distant ice fishing we have had..never seen so many people on ice
Haha!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:50 AM »
🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2021, 11:54 AM »

Drove by last saturday after the otter incident and it was mobbed in the pouring rain.  You used to be able to at least hit it on bad weather days.
westernmas on the finder

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2021, 02:54 PM »
🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑
100pct

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2021, 03:46 PM »

Does that mean quarantine there or just in general practice?
If in general, you could probably be quarantined by staying in your own house BEFORE heading up.

Also, unless they check for some kind of legal document that certifies that you quarantined, how could they know?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2021, 05:38 PM »
They can check.  Visitors are suppose to have signed an affidavit.  This guys buddy per VT's rules is NOT suppose to host anyone put of state.  If one of his neighbors complained he'd be subject to a fine.  I couldn't get a air bnb reservation without completing the affidavit. 

From my experiences in VT and other new England states you should be more concerned with bumping into locals that don't want you in their state. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.