IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

How often do you get out?

(1/14) > >>

IcePirateJace:
How often do you guys actually get out to fish? If you had nothing holding you back, how often would you ideally fish?

I am able to get out a handful of times a month due to family and work but would fish at least 4-5 days a week if I was able.

meandcuznalfy:
I get out a few times a month due to work and family. I'd be out every day if I had the chance.

32footsteps:
Before a wife and child I had years when I was ice fishing everyday from around December 20th through early March.

I had a year when I muskie fished for 45 straight days, then had to take a day off because of some wicked thunder storms and tornadoes. Then another 45 or so straight days.  There were also years in the early 2000's when I'd be on a trout stream every day for two or three months straight without missing a day. 

I was working full time through all of that so those weren't "full" days but I was out for at least 3-4 hours every day and on days off I was putting in 12-16 hour shifts with a few 24 hour marathons thrown in for good measure.   

Huntindave:
I am at that point in my life when I can get out as much or as little as I care to.  Some weeks that is every day that week. Some weeks that is only once that week.  I certainly enjoy fishing, but having the option to get out at any possible time, means I can pick and choose.  If I don't feel like fishing that day or at that particular moment in the day, I don't.  Who knows, two hours later I may grab a pole and head to the river.  ;D ;D   I also have other hobbies to keep me occupied.

bootstrap:
i fish over 100 days a year. main reason i live where i do is the proximity to world class fishing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version