IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Panoptix worth the $$$$?

<< < (2/38) > >>

Seamonkey84:
The extra details shown in livescope is nice, it leaves nothing to interpret. However if you can read a standard sonar screen, the ps-22 seems to make the fish themselves pop out more on the screen. At least in the videos I’ve seen, compared to what I see on my screen when I’m using the ice package in my boat. I just clamp it to my trolling motor shaft, but plan on getting an independent mount for it next year.

lowaccord66:
Worth is a matter of personal preference....but if you have the cash lying around they are fun to use!

Gunflint:

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Nov 30, 2018, 11:02 PM ---Worth is a matter of personal preference....but if you have the cash lying around they are fun to use!

--- End quote ---

I just spent a day wandering around the St. Paul Ice Fishing Show. The floor was full of various "Ice Castles" which are RV trailers made specifically to pull out on the lake and fish through your living room floor. Kitchens, toilets, showers, beds, televisions...all for only $20,000-$40,000. I didn't get it until I realized that it is actually a very inexpensive cabin with direct lake access and no taxes.

In any case there apparently is a big market for such things and in light of that, a measly $3K for the best fish finder in the world seems VERY reasonable.

markinohio:

--- Quote from: FishDSc on Nov 30, 2018, 08:54 PM ---Kayl, how did you mount the transducer on your kayak?  I have the ice bundle and want to use it on my kayak also.

--- End quote ---

I started with this RAM handlebar mount, and a section of the Garmin ice transducer mount:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQCMK8K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked okay, but I’m now using a Yakattack switchblade, and like it much better:

https://www.yakattack.us/switchblade-transducer-deployment-arm/

kayl:

--- Quote from: FishDSc on Nov 30, 2018, 08:54 PM ---Kayl, how did you mount the transducer on your kayak?  I have the ice bundle and want to use it on my kayak also.

--- End quote ---

I made a pole out of schedule 80 pvc and then used a Ram tough claw, short ram arm, and ram ball.

Here's a picture:

And another:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version