IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Panoptix worth the $$$$?

<< < (38/38)

kayl:

--- Quote from: Drift Dodger on Mar 20, 2019, 09:04 AM ---Perhaps that applies to Panoptix / Livescope, but EchoMAP zoom works perfectly with skimmer and ice transducers.

--- End quote ---

That's true, but he specifically asked about panoptix/Livescope :)

The plus has awesome touch zoom, especially in the flasher mode with the adjustable zoom on the left side of the screen, flasher in the middle, and whole water column on the right! :)

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: missoulafish on Mar 19, 2019, 08:11 PM ---Probably not an issue for most but we were in 95' of water and it couldn't find  and lock onto the bottom...

--- End quote ---

A majority of my time spent ice fishing is jigging lakers so that is a deal breaker for me.  It took a bunch of trial and error but I can mark my jig in 100 fow with the ps22.

Gunflint:
I found my livescope marked fish very well to approximately 60 feet.

Beyond that it did OK, but still marked the bottom contours well to over 100 feet.

I found that scouting the bottom contours was very useful to find structure.

I would love to have the zoom feature in a software update.

kayl:

--- Quote from: markinohio on Mar 19, 2019, 11:38 AM ---I’m happy with the Echomap Chirp and PS22-TR (for now). But, not being able to zoom in to a desired depth has been a problem. Can you zoom to a desired depth with the Echomap Plus units with Panoptix? LiveScope?

--- End quote ---

Just in case you missed it, the latest software update enables pinch-to-zoom for livescope and panoptix!

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4749

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version