Author Topic: Looking for some direction - NW Suburbs and beyond ...  (Read 581 times)

Offline FishRecycler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Following the Recycled Fish "On Ice" tour events in Wisconsin this weekend, I’m taking a much needed day off with Finn Horvath, our director of SAFE Angling, in Illinois. Poor Finn got himself into ice fishing this winter, and the guy can’t buy a fish. He’s been out a half dozen times now, and he’s just struggling.

I’m not an ice fishing all star, but I can usually trick a fish or two, so am hoping to put Finn on a fish on Monday somewhere around his hometown and get him introduced to ice fishing in a proper way.

He lives Palatine – NW Chicago Suburbs area, would prefer to drive for an hour or less if that's doable.

I’ve never fished in Illinois. I know there’s a lot of water. If you were looking to put a new guy onto some fish, where would you go? Kinda looking for some relatively easy water to read and fish, and numbers beats quality any day.

I don't need GPS coordinates or somebody's secret spot, but a consistent bite and safe ice would be nice. We'll be practcing Catch - Photo - Release, and we're up for targeting about anything.

Any thoughts for us?

Million thanks,

Teeg Stouffer

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
Re: Looking for some direction - NW Suburbs and beyond ...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Not sure how the ice is, but try the Fox Chain, or Bangs Lake.  Both are a short drive up RT 12 from Palatine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.