Author Topic: big slough parking lot at bottom of spring lake  (Read 1283 times)

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
big slough parking lot at bottom of spring lake
« on: Jan 24, 2009, 05:10 PM »
riverbottoms...or does anybody... know why they have the gate closed to the parking lot?...there is no where to put a snow mobile or quad on the ice...only upper dike parking lot...it looks like they may be driving around the little island on south end of the break...potters road looks to be still closed, maybe they are going to keep it all down till spring... lots a names on pet.about potters at bait shop... ???

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: big slough parking lot at bottom of spring lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:18 PM »
riverbottoms...or does anybody... know why they have the gate closed to the parking lot?...there is no where to put a snow mobile or quad on the ice...only upper d**e parking lot...it looks like they may be driving around the little island on south end of the break...potters road looks to be still closed, maybe they are going to keep it all down till spring... lots a names on pet.about potters at bait shop... ???
What parking lot the boat ramp? I was at spring lake yesterday and the parking lot was open there was several of us there until about noon or so. what are you talking about on pet. ??

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:39 PM »
big ron...about 2 blocks south of where I think you parked yesterday (fin-feather), is the big slough parking lot...with the gate closed on the entrance road to lot...pet. ..( collection of names on paper) to turn into park ranger...hopefully of getting roadway open to potters again... :tipup:

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2009, 08:03 PM »
I was told the gates are closed because to many people was getting stuck with the budget they will no longer plow those area's If they would let some of us with plows plow once in a while I would plow area's once in a while I was even offered money from fisherman to do it but do not want to get into trouble so I had to turn it down.

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2009, 03:33 PM »
jepik,
 Today I drove past the Spring Lake boat ramp on my way home never noticed if the gate was open or not. If I go to town tomorrow I will check for you and post it.  it looked like about a dozen or so out there fishing today.

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2009, 07:19 PM »
jepik,
  I miss read your post about the Big Slough boat ramp entrance gate. Yep it is closed, but the exit gate is still open. Don't know why it's closed probably same reason as Potters. Your welcome to use my driveway if you can't find a place to park.

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2009, 04:14 PM »
riverbottoms...thank you for the info and the offer to park at your place... thinking about going out to the the deep hole later this week...with all snow cover I have  to pull that fish trap pro out  with the quad...now that the boat ramp is closed and there is no place to put in except for the north parking lot...I am about ready to back right down to the ice and unload at fin-feather...I used to unload the three wheeler there for many years... now you will get fined...bummer...anyth ing at all at millers...iowa dnr reports bad water conditions... low ox. at lower and upper browns...fish should move down to lanesville...thanks again. :tipup:

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:30 PM »
riverbottoms...thank you for the info and the offer to park at your place... thinking about going out to the the deep hole later this week...with all snow cover I have  to pull that fish trap pro out  with the quad...now that the boat ramp is closed and there is no place to put in except for the north parking lot...I am about ready to back right down to the ice and unload at fin-feather...I used to unload the three wheeler there for many years... now you will get fined...bummer...anyth ing at all at millers...iowa dnr reports bad water conditions... low ox. at lower and upper browns...fish should move down to lanesville...thanks again. :tipup:
when did they start giving fines? I parked at finn-feather all last year never got fined not been there yet this year but was planning on parking there later this week. I know if you park on the road you will get a fine.

Offline jepik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2009, 07:52 PM »
big ron...not from parking there...unloading the quad or snowmobile is where you get :tipup: a ticket...so says fish and wild life right up the road from there...snowmobile or quad boat ramps only...if you have any doubts,stop and ask them...I did...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.