Author Topic: Baffin rubber boots  (Read 3475 times)

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
Baffin rubber boots
« on: Nov 21, 2005, 07:45 PM »
I have seen alot of people wearing the green Baffin rubber boots. Im thinking on getting a pair b/c they look like the perfect boot for ice fishing, waterproof and warm. Does anybody have these? Any input would be great. Thx! :)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Baffin rubber boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2005, 08:52 PM »
my bro. has a pair of -135 rated baffins and he loves them. they are made well too. he paid quite a bit less than lacrosses of the same rating.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Thx......thats the info i was looking for. Im prob gonna pick up a pair of those. 8)

Offline UncleFluffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2005, 06:32 AM »
I used to have a pair of Baffin work boots.  They were the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.  They would even rival any tennis shoes.

Kent Vanderploeg

Put Them Back...Put Them All Back.

Offline pymybob

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Vex anyone?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Try Ebay. I bought mine on there about two years ago for less than $40. An absolute steal! My feet never get cold in my MM boots!
wish'in I was ice fish'in!

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2005, 09:18 PM »
  I've had a pair of these for a couple of years and have yet to get cold feet in them. Good investment.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline buckman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2005, 05:28 PM »
I have a pair of baffin trappers, I have used them for three years now, hunting Maine, ice fishing etc. very warm and comfortable, $60.00 bucks on-line just google it. I have several pair of more expensive boots but I always seam to grab these!

grumpymoe

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:29 PM »
$60.00???????...$29.95 CDN last year....lots of the anglers up here wear them....last a couple...three years....what I did was drop an extra felt insole in them.....toasty warm.....Grump.....goo d bang for the buck

Offline therasker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I have a pair of Baffin boots.  This is my third year on the ice with them, and I never ever worry about my feet getting cold.  Very comfortable, very dry, very warm.

Offline falbinki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2006, 09:49 PM »
i've got a pair of the baffin advanced and  i love them. comftorable,warm,and very light weight for there size. only problem i have is i can't get the ice armor bibs to go over them i have to tuck the bibs inside. wish there was a solution to that. any suggestions?

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:01 PM »
I just bought a pair of Baffin Titan Men's Extreme All-Rubber Winter Boots after reading all the good reviews. $91 bucks and free shipping.

http://www.winterfootwear.com/p2178c129b116-baffin_titan_mens_extreme_allrubber_winter_boots.html

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:42 PM »
So I got my new Baffin Titans in the mail today. So here is my delima. I am a tru to size, size 10. Most of my military boots and sneakers are 10.5's. So I figured that in my new Baffins I would want to put on a pair of moisture wicking socks and a pair of wool socks. So I got my new Baffins in size 12. When I tryed them on today with wool socks on they were very tight around the toe and comfortable around the ankle, and when I tryed them on with just bare feet they were semi-snug around the toe and loose around the ankle. Now keep in mind that I am a tru size 10 and thies are 12's. so I am returning them for a size 14. (4 sizes bigger then my foot). Now my first impression of the boots when I pulled them out of the box was "wow thoes are bulky!" And they are, there big boots. They are so big that im not sure I will be able to zip down the leg of my artic armor bib pant legs. They are a combined weight of 6.8lbs, thats heavy. I guess the biggist thing I am looking for is has anyone had the same issue with sizing that I am having?

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:11 AM »
Just a quick update, come to find out the baffin boots have a 20" circumfrence, while will not work with the legs of most ice fishing bibbs, I thought I was going to rip the zipper on my bibs try to zip the legs down over the boot. I have nothing bad to say about the boot other then that. I returned them today for a full refund. I will just have to keep searching for a good waterproff boot that will work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.