Author Topic: Ice Armor Suit Sizing?  (Read 5550 times)

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
Ice Armor Suit Sizing?
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Hey guys hoping for a little help here. I recently bought the Ice Armor Extreme Grey suit. I bought a large and I'm worried it's too small. The jacket seems to fit pretty well especially since you don't need much on underneath, but the bibs seem like they may be a little tight especially in the leg area when I bend my knees? Does that become easier as you wear them? Any help would be great! Just wanna make sure before I wear them out if I should get a different size.

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
Re: Ice Armor Suit Sizing?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:12 AM »
Exchange it for an XL, better to have them a little too big than too small.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2010, 01:05 PM »
That was my initial idea, however the jacket fits fine, and I'm worried it would be too big in an XL.

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2010, 09:58 PM »
i am 6 feet tall and 210 pounds and i bought the xl this year but i have the blue suit.  and you are right the jacket doesnt seem to really fit right with the bibs.  but i do where a thicker hoodie under my jacket and everything fits just right and its really easy to move around in.   

Offline Regulator99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Same problem here. My jacket fits great but the bibs are a little small/short. Tried on the XL the other day and they were huge. I was swimming in the bibs. For $350 I wish they fit better.  Going on the third year with mine and they still fit the same.  Dont know what to tell you. Maybe the xl will fit you better than me.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Reg, what size are you? Close to me...6'1 about 200? And GCD Yea that is my problem, I wouldn't mind the bibs being a little big on me with extra room, the jacket I don't need too big though, but I guess a little bigger couldn't hurt?

Offline Border Jumper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Must be here someplace??
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2010, 06:31 PM »
when I brought mine, I had a choice of buying different sizes for the coat and bibs.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:38 AM »
You should be able to get there bomber jacket or layers of clothes under the jacket, if you cant, them it is too small. The jacket is more like a glorified shell,  you should be layered up underneath or be able to fit another jacket.

The grey suit comes with the built in bomber, is that the jacket you are talking about? or the shell by itself?

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2010, 10:42 AM »
hog hunter where did you get yours? And yes I got the grey suit. I'm in jersey and it doesnt' get ridiculosly cold and I don't pack on too much as it is so I wouldn't wear that much under especially given how warm the suit is.

Offline Pines

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:30 PM »
That is why I won't by the suit combo. There is no reason why you should'nt be able to  buy them seperate. Marketing ploy I won't go for.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:45 PM »
that is why I won't by the suit combo. There is no reason why you should'nt be able to  buy them seperate. Marketing ploy I won't go for

you can buy them separate, clam sells parka's and bibs on their site separate. Just not in the blue. You save $20 (or more depending on where you buy it) by buying the blue suit then if you where buying them separate. Not really a marketing ploy,

Offline Pines

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:20 PM »
I know you can buy some things seperate,but we're talking grey and blue suits here, you can not get them seperate, at least not around here.Same goes with some other brands. And yes,it is a marketing plow,sorry dude

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:56 PM »
I pretty much came to terms that I have to get them together, and since I normally take the side of caution I preferred them over the arctic armor which I know you can get seperately. I'm just not sure if the xl bibs are that much more bigger than the large because according to their sizing chart it doesn't seem it, but I don't want the jacket too huge on me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.