The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tiber Reservoir Woes  (Read 1457 times)

Offline KDW

• IceShanty Rookie
Tiber Reservoir Woes
« on: Feb 04, 2019, 11:46 AM »
  Morning All, just got hooked up on this site and enjoy all the info.  Was curious for you MT anglers what your opinion is on  Tiber. We have fished it for many years both winter and some open water as well. Like most
places it has its hot times and low times as well. What puzzles me about this lake is it seems that I cant seem to
take the good days and apply the knowledge in tactics and locations to use in subsequent trips. Just got home
from 3 days ( it was supposed to be 5 but we fled the 20 below stuff on Saturday) only landing 5 small Northerns
and a Walleye. Pretty slow considering 24 lines in the water between the party. Love the area and the lake
but wondering how much more effort to put into this location, its a pretty long drive from Three Forks. Its got me
a bit stymied.
Ken

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Re: Tiber Reservoir Woes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2019, 12:52 PM »
The fish move around to feed in a water column is my opinion.  At a different lake yesterday it was 3' below the ice for me and in the same general area a few nights ago, it was like 4' off the bottom.  The hit when it happens, is short lived, maybe 10-20 minutes.  That's when I move or leave.  Yesterday was the first time since late December or so that I fished during daylight.  First time in since last year that I catch fish threw the ice during daylight.

I don't know where you were on Tiber but it has been slow in some places, hot in others, from hearing it locally.  Seems that everyone has electronics and mark fish the whole time but don't catch.  I don't have electronics other than a headlamp.  I just pick a spot, drill and fish.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline KDW

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tiber Reservoir Woes
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:05 PM »
Not all that high tech myself, good thought on the water column, thanks. I tend to ignore that aspect where
pike and walleye are concerned. Funny thing is I always move up and down when trout fishing to find the
right depth. There is always much to learn, no wonder fishing is so great

Ken

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.