Author Topic: need a guide near lincoln area  (Read 1147 times)

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
need a guide near lincoln area
« on: Nov 23, 2014, 02:04 PM »
daughter , son in law and grand daughter recently relocated from Missouri to Lincoln. son in law and grand daughter want to try ice fishing which is my favorite time to fish in Massachusetts were I'm from. looking for a guide near Lincoln who can supply a-z. we are coming in the week of Xmas on Monday and leaving Saturday, looking for a half or full day for 3-4 people. Ty for any help, john :tipup:

Offline Showdown56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice BABY!
Re: need a guide near lincoln area
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2014, 02:54 PM »
First of all, in Nebraska we call it "CHRISTmas."   ;)
 ;D
Good luck on finding a guide... I'm betting there will be a bunch of Lincolnites on this site that will accomidate you and your family without the need to pay!

Welcome to Nebraska!
The OFFICIAL NEBRASKA ICE MAP 
ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH YOUR REPORTS!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1EzoZhQjAcZAvY9qiApAy-g8xwQZAIb6q&ll=41.356402103308504%2C-102.02912595312499&z=7

Practicing Selective Harvest provides me a few of the abundant fish for a meal while providing YOU a rare fish to catch!

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2014, 06:14 PM »
First of all, I 'm not sure if your busting my balls or not but I'm glad you know what Xmas stands for.  ::)

I do not expect this service for free, I am willing to pay for a guides service and equipment that is needed from bait  to traps and jigging supplies.  ;D

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:55 PM »
I am not going to be around town during baby jesus' birthday, but there are a few places around Lincoln that could provide some decent fishing. I'm guessing you are probably flying and won't have any equipment is why you need a guide?

Offline CARTMATT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Nebraska has crazy weather! Could easily be 40 that week with open water. Or -10 with 10" ice! I do not know of any guides, but a lot of great people here! Best of luck at Xmas! :)

Offline Showdown56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice BABY!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2014, 09:04 PM »
First of all, I 'm not sure if (you're) busting my balls or not but I'm glad you know what Xmas stands for.  ::)
:o   ;D
Was hoping the "smilies" woulda covered that... guess not.

Our Nebraska Game and Parks Family Fishing Program will have a couple on-ice clinics and a "classroom clinic" is being organized as we speak, but those aren't slated 'til January. 

I believe your family will find the new Nebraska Tourism Motto:  Nebraska, NICE to be more than just a motto!
The OFFICIAL NEBRASKA ICE MAP 
ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH YOUR REPORTS!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1EzoZhQjAcZAvY9qiApAy-g8xwQZAIb6q&ll=41.356402103308504%2C-102.02912595312499&z=7

Practicing Selective Harvest provides me a few of the abundant fish for a meal while providing YOU a rare fish to catch!

Offline knotreelly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Thanks for the replies and Pm's sent. All set for the day before Xmas if ice is available with a person who will meet all of our needs. Ty John :tipup:

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Right on brother! Glad someone was able to  help  you out!

Offline castalot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Glad you found a person to take you fishing.  There is a guide in the Omaha area that guides some of the lakes north of Lincoln.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.