Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263403 times)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Yea us old guy's can't see those small pictures.
<===Lefty===

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
…………………………………………………….

LOL … What!! Speak Up!!!!!

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Ok,, ok, for those of us that are apparently hard of seeing... ( According to some ... I don’t want to mention... “Lefty2053” .. LOL.. Let me see if I can make these bigger. Or easy to see. 

Ok, not any bigger … Let me try that again … LOL

Thanks again for showing us your Sled .. " Killa1 "  It looks very light as well.

AltaIce
       @)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I don't know if you guys know this or not but I also have short term memory loss. That goes along with the eye sight.
Oh and I have short term memory loss also.
<===Lefty===

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
I don't know if you guys know this or not but I also have short term memory loss. That goes along with the eye sight.
Oh and I have short term memory loss also.
……………………………………………………………………………….

LOL … Ya, Ya.    What! Speak up!! ..

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
sorry about the small pics. not good with the computer stuff. thanks for getting some of them on. made this 2 years ago, no ice to try last year. used some of alta,geofisher,hockeyboy, and my ideas. hope to use it this year. thanks

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
wow what an idea, I need one of them too now lol.

I built my version of the Mr. Heater Fan. I still need to glue it together and figure the wiring out.

(Image removed from quote.)

There is another topic on this in the General Discussion forum. I just thought it made more sense to post it in the Equipment Forum.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm still working on getting it wired to the battery. I put 3 rocker switches in the lid of a plano ammo box. I need to pick up an inline fuse and a few audio jacks, plus wires and audio plugs. The other 2 switches will be for future lights.
jbird68

Offline KevinWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1664

You could probably use a pet crate fan...cheap, no wiring needed. Runs of D cell batteries.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1664

You could probably use a pet crate fan...cheap, no wiring needed. Runs of D cell batteries.

Now thats pretty cool.
jbird68

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
Finally finished it Up Glued and added wheels.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Looks good hounds.
<===Lefty===

Offline tdobb

• IceShanty Rookie
My modded Strikemaster Glide Lite.  Fits in all three of my Clam Fish Traps, pulls like a feather, and carries everything I need for a day on the ice if I plan to fish outside.  Quite a bit of PVC on this bad boy.  All rod tubes sized for my Thorne customs.  Love this thing.  First time on the ice with it I was offered 200 cash for the Glide Lite.  I passed obviously.

The following photo shows something worth pointing out and explaining.  The front auger support is a sleeved PVC pipe connection.  The bolt in the bottom of the 1 1/4" PVC is drilled all the way through and serves as a stop for the 1" PVC with the "tee".  The upper connection is a threaded rod that I bent to the circumference of the 1 1/4" PVC and drilled into the top edge of the sled.  I wish I could have done this different, but this was the best I could come up with.  The bungie has a nice spot to hook to with the threaded rod though, so it may not be all that bad.  The tall PVC pipe with the "tee" also slips out easily for storage once I am to the spot and fishing so it doesn't get in the way.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Nice sled mods .PVC is great stuff.
<===Lefty===

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice set up for running and gunning :tipup:

Offline Fishin' Blues

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm finding some good ideas on this thread. For those who have made pvc rod holders, what is the best size pvc pipe (inside diameter) to use?

Thanks!
Many fish bites if ya' got good bait, heres a little tip that I would like to relate.........

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
I'm finding some good ideas on this thread. For those who have made pvc rod holders, what is the best size pvc pipe (inside diameter) to use?

Thanks!
I think the 1.25" is the best all around. 1" will work with a lot of rods but not all. I think 1.25" will work best.
<===Lefty===

Offline tdobb

• IceShanty Rookie
Yeah, for sure go with 1 1/4" PVC for rod holders.  A lot of handles are between 7/8 and 1" in diameter, but then you add the reel to the rod and the reel foot adds 3/16" generally.  I use 1 1/4" for all my rod holder sets.  I have some stuff I did in my old 14' Lund boat as well with PVC.  Removed the middle bench and ran tubes through the front bench for rod organizers.  Works great.

Offline MLBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here are some pictures of the PVC mods I did to my Shappell Kodiak sled.  The front and rear PVC assemblies are each bolted to the sled lip by four ss eye bolts, which also act as tie down points.  The two grey painted plywood platforms are screwed to half sections of 1-1/4 inch PVC, which fits perfectly over the 1 inch PVC frame members allowing the platforms to be easily lifted off.  The rear platform is mainly for use as a table, but if necessary more stuff could be bungied onto it for transport.

The PVC frames are all 1 inch size except for 1-1/4 inch tees at each end of the rod holder assembly to accommodate rods with Arctic Warrior brackets strapped to the rod handles and 3/4 inch is used for the spud and auger holders.  The 1 inch PVC crosses make excellent rod holders with a little notch cut for the reel stem to fit in.  The crosses are spaced 5 inches apart, just enough to keep the reel handles and bails from interfering.  The horizontal tube behind the rod holders is 1-1/2 inch PVC for the ice scoops to fit in.

Here's a few pictures of it loaded up.

My 8" Nils auger fits in nice and tight on the starboard side.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
MLbob that is one sweet setup. Took a lot of thinking and hours figuring it out I am sure. OR your just smarter than I am. That would take me days if not weeks.
<===Lefty===

Offline MLBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
MLbob that is one sweet setup. Took a lot of thinking and hours figuring it out I am sure. OR your just smarter than I am. That would take me days if not weeks.

Thanks, and you're right it did take quite a bit of time.  I had to lay it out on a drawing to be sure I got all the sizes somewhat right before cutting.  Even then a few changes had to be made on the fly, but it was a lot of fun to design and build.  PVC is great to work with since you can put it all together without glue and easily modify it until you're satisfied, before making it permanent with glue.

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well done, I'd just have problems pulling that sucker caused I load it up way to heavy.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey all,

Been away for a while. Wow, I missed a  lot.. Wild looking builds.  Great PVC Builds. Gotta go and look at everything again… Hope everyone has been well.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Here are some pictures of the PVC mods I did to my Shappell Kodiak sled. 
Here's a few pictures of it loaded up.
My 8" Nils auger fits in nice and tight on the starboard side.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..….

Awesome build " MLBob"

Love what you have done with the PVC pipe. It looks like it glides like a breeze.  Like how it is balanced. Everything easy to get at.
The way you have a lot of it higher up, so it is not so hard to keep reaching down for a lot of stuff. Very Cool.

AltaIce
       @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Here are some pictures of the PVC mods I did to my Shappell Kodiak sled. he ice scoops to fit in.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Excellent Rod Holder. 7-Rods. Great Build MLBob.

AltaIce
         @)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Some very incredible ingenuity!   :bow:

WS

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
Made some rod holders to keep backup rods stowed but ready for action.  I shimmed the back so slightly tilted forward to clear the back of the tent.  The PVC removes from the caps when folded down.

]

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict

Beautiful sled MLBob! Very neat, clean lines, easy access to your equipment.

You and I have a very similar ice gear selection so it's cool to see the "more than one way to skin a cat" effect going on here.

Nice job.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I made this a few years ago for my lantern because I have never had good luck with the bases that pop on to the bottom of the tank .
You can make on for just a few dollars . All you need is a piece of 4" PVC mine is 7" long and a toilet base flange and a little glue

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.