The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: waligators  (Read 1700 times)

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
waligators
« on: Feb 05, 2005, 05:22 PM »
just wonderin since no one replied to my last post on walleyes if anyone was getting walleyes yet around just south of the cities??? shields, lexington, mazasca, prior ect... I have had no luck and want to find some for the last two weeks of walleye season. I have been catchin gills and sunnies on lex but no walleyes. also no walters on cedar lake scott county but maybe I was fishin in the wrong spot?!?! please help me out for some walleyes don't have to give out exact spots maybe relitive location on a lake. thank you all....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
CedarLaker-----FINALLY GOT OUT on DECEMBER 16!!

RESERVOIR MANIAC

Re: waligators
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:51 AM »
you can catch walleyes on any lake, if you fish during the day find the deep water off rocks,weeds,points or steep drops...last hour of light and into the twilight go shallow on them same rocks,weeds,points....i catch tons on my lake and it's not even suppose to be a good lake!

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 06:25 PM »
awesome thanks...but I have a question, what if I don't have the electronics like the aqua vu and vexilar (i know I need one but have no money :( ) how do I go about finding weed edges and rocky points? I mean I have talked to tons of people that have vexialrs and aqua vus but no one seems to be catching at wallters.

RESERVOIR MANIAC

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2005, 01:40 AM »
well a lake map is the best start if you can get one, if you fish the lakes in the summer you'll know where the weeds are, and if there's rocks on shore you can bet there's rocks in the water....take a heavy depth checker and when you drop it down you can feel if your on rocks, just lift it then drop it....if it isn't rocks it will feel soft. aqua-vu rules, i'd get one as soon as you can afford one....it makes ice fishing fun even when they aren't biting, i love to see what i'm fishing over and it's cool when you actually see fish even if they don't bite...good luck

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2005, 09:36 AM »
thanks for the info I will do that the last two weeks of walleye I am gonna hit it hard this weekend!

RESERVOIR MANIAC

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:11 AM »
sweet...let me know how it goes, i like knowing i can help peeps out....peace

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2005, 08:03 AM »
went to spring for the craps and ended up with a walter, might have that special spot?! :-\ ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.