The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Forest Lake Ice tourney?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Forest Lake Ice tourney?
« on: Feb 01, 2005, 11:41 PM »
Anyone fish this giant tournament in the past? This will be my first time (and first contest ever) and I was wondering a few things. Where on the lake is it? What are the best type of fish to target? What should I look for when trying to pick a hole to fish from? Any bait suggestions? Can you chum the hole? Do I need to reopen the hole when I get there? (ie spudbar or hand auger) Or are they pretty open to begin with? Do you need a heater or for 3 hours is that just overkill? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I hope to see some of you there. I'll be wearing my Ice Shanty beanie in support.

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Forest Lake Ice tourney?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Hey, anyone who fished the contest today, what a great day it was. I didn't win anything, but I lost a canvas bag that fell off my sled. It had the name "Crash and Sues" on the outside and contained 2 tackle boxes, my handheld depth finder, a walkie talkie, a pair of leather gloves and a few other things. If you know of anyone who may have picked it up then please give me a shout. I'd really like to get that stuff back. Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.