Author Topic: finally got one  (Read 15403 times)

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
finally got one
« on: Mar 06, 2006, 07:38 AM »
Well only been out 4 times this year cause the ice has been poor here . But my 3 trip out I finally got my first whitefish. We got 10 whitefish in  2 days . The biggest was 18 inches  the smallest was 15 inches. Man I now know why people like to fish for them ,what a blast to catch.One of the best eating fish I've ever ate. A guy a few shacks over form us got a 22 inch one man what nice fish .
hook and cook

Offline JohnPorter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: finally got one
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2006, 10:09 AM »
congrats on catching your whitefish--and yes they are fun to catch and the tablefare is right beside lobster in my book.
MY COMPETITION STANDS NO CHANCE !!!!!!!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2006, 08:40 PM »
wait till you nail a 24incher!! i had one that size or maybe bigger straiten out a sz. 4 octopuss hook on my jigpole!! cheap reel with a bad drag will lose you more whites than anything. i learned my lesson.

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2006, 02:47 PM »
jabers69 i also am from New Brunswick and i would say thatyour fishing on Grand Lake and you are from Minto, b/c i am from that exact same area.
Congrats on the whity last year hopefully we have us a tourney this year.  I caught 42 white fish and 75 burbot the week of march break fishing ws nuts last day out i caught 16 and my buddy never caught a one!
HAHAHA!!
what's your name i probably know you!!!

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2006, 02:08 PM »
My Joe Branscombe I fish over at COX'S POINT .Ya lets hope we get better weather then last year. Looking foward for some ice .
hook and cook

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2006, 04:26 PM »
 Hey whitefish slayer get ur buck er wha?
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Hallo Joe nice to see some fellow NB'ers on here.  I think I have met you before.  I fish with Ralph Goodwin, the guy who owns the fly shop in minto if that rings a bell??
We will have to get out and get some fishing in this year!!!
Merry X-MAS!!!!

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2006, 12:45 PM »
HALLO ONE NUT NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

how u making out anyway

I KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!!!!
Get any LEGAL fish yet??? Ha Ha

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Ya I know who your talking about, ya sounds like a plan ,if we ever get some cold weather  ??? Ya I was starting to think I was the only guy from NB on here. Merry Christmas to you to
hook and cook

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2007, 10:35 PM »
hey guys i live right up near ft. kent, me not far from you guys. we should all meet together on east grand to fish sometime. is members from both sides of the border fishing the same water. that would be cool! my buddy has a cabin on east grand on the u.s. side. we could all meet at a point somewhere on the lake. .

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2007, 09:24 PM »
jacksmelt i know the lake ur talkin about right on the border, we're towards the center of the province on the other grand lake, the BIG one. not real far from the border but still a good drive, should give it a try sometime fishin is great when ever the lake decides to freeze!lots of smelt, burbot and whities
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.