Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Question about live imaging units

<< < (5/5)

grizzlyhackle:

--- Quote from: TheLionsFan on Feb 24, 2024, 11:41 AM ---
If I bought one, theres a 99% chance it will only see the ice.  I have a boat, but have zero plans to use a Livescope with it.  This would be for ice only. 

--- End quote ---

Dude you should re-think that part. If you have a boat already and are going to spend the money on Livescope, it would be in your best fish catching interest to use it on the boat.

rgwaldron:
I agree totally. once you use it on the ice I can't see you putting it away all year on your boat. it's so helpful to confirm fish size and presence. it is a little effort to get a good system on a boat but so worth it.

TheLionsFan:

--- Quote from: rgwaldron on Feb 26, 2024, 10:41 AM ---I agree totally. once you use it on the ice I can't see you putting it away all year on your boat. it's so helpful to confirm fish size and presence. it is a little effort to get a good system on a boat but so worth it.

--- End quote ---

My biggest reason for only using it on the ice is I hardly ever use my boat lol.  When I do, it’s to take the kids out fishing when we go camping.  Nothing serious.  Just drop our lines and catch whatever is biting.  My boat isn’t necessarily the greatest but it floats.  I’m hoping to upgrade sometime in the near future, but right now the only fishing I take serious is ice fishing.

sra61:
Figure out whatever way you can to get it on the boat too. I once used mine on a dock, and it helped me catch fish. Pretty sure the kids will like catching lots more fish!

HWeber:
Debated on starting another thread but figured I'd just bump this one. Thoughts on the uhd2 9 vs the ultra 106? Leaning towards the uhd2 because it's possibly new enough that it'd work with whatever they come up with next

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version