Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Question about live imaging units

(1/5) > >>

TheLionsFan:
Hey guys.  I’m sure I could search around and find my answers, but I just had a few questions regarding live imaging units like Livescope, MegaLive, and Active Target.   

I have absolutely zero experience with any of them. Just a flasher.  I’ve had my eyes on getting a Livescope unit before next ice season.  I was just wondering, are they pretty easy to learn to use? I see all the guys on YouTube using them and they appear to be easy to read, but wasn’t sure about if the setup was also simple or if it took a while to figure it out.

When looking at the Livescope for example, I see you can get several options, but I see there’s a Livescope ice fishing bundle. Does that include EVERYTHING I’d need ?

Next, what can I expect for battery life on these?  Is a sun up to sun down trip possible on one full charge?

And lastly, is spending the extra for the lithium battery option worth it?    I see Amazon has the lithium bundle for like 2800, while the regular one is just under 2400.

Appreciate your help guys.   We don’t have very good ice here in Michigan so all I can do is pout about it, talk about ice fishing, and prepare for the 24/25 season.

hardwater diehard:
Good video on comparability ...as far as what you get with each package/bundle Garmin/Lowrance has on the product page "in the box" drop down ....

TheLionsFan:
It is a pretty good video for sure.  As far as comparing each individual unit. 

It doesn’t exactly address my specific questions though as I think that video seems to talk more about its use on a boat instead of the ice, unless I don’t quite understand it.

I’ve been using a flasher for a lot of years and as almost everyone knows, they’re very easy to use and transport and setup. I didn’t know if these live imaging units were a pain to haul around or setup,  if the whole unit fits and is transported in one single case or if it’s a bunch of pieces I’d have to carry around.  And comparing prices I just wonder is the lithium model worth the extra money or not. I’m used to going out on a day trip sun up to down and one battery charge on my vexilar lasts the whole day, so I wasn’t sure if that would be the case on these units or if I had to step up to the lithium model to get a full days worth of use.

TheLionsFan:
….completely forgot there was a specific “Electronics” forum.  I should’ve posted there, my bad.

sra61:
I tried the Garmin bundle initially when they first came out, but I went with a shuttle, pole, a mount for the boat for the pole, and pretty much everything accessory wise from Summit Fishing Equipment.  https://summitfishingequipment.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz6H-gI24hAMVCQutBh3LCAyxEAAYASAAEgK3rfD_BwE
I would definitely get the LiFePO4 battery. I went with a 30ah and it has only run down on me twice on 12+ hour days. These units are heavy and bulky, but they are worth their weight in gold when it comes to catching A LOT more fish. It's a lot of money, but man it completely changed our fishing. I don't fish without mine. Just because you buy the unit doesn't mean fish are gonna jump in the boat either. There are tons of videos on YouTube loaded with valuable information. I learn something new every time I watch them. If you have to take a second mortgage on the house, it's totally worth the investment, and the return is way more fish on the ice or in the boat. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version