The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: M18 success  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
M18 success
« on: Feb 23, 2022, 10:47 AM »
I got an M18 and a Strikemaster 8in auger 3 winters ago and finally got to use it. I fished first and last ice the last 2 winters and didn't need the auger, just a spud. This year was different, Got out in February on 16in of ice and gave the M18 it's maiden voyage. What a sweet addition to my fishing stuff. I drilled holes where I didn't need any just to watch it dig through that ice. Glad I got it. I've also been using the M18 batteries for different things. Hooked it to a transformer to knock the voltage down to 12, and run my power box with it. It's been a fun winter.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: M18 success
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2022, 01:05 PM »
 Welcome to the future :tipup:

Milwaukee has a 120v inverter that goes with M18 batteries now. I believe it’s rated at 115w/120v AC. It also as USB-A and an actual USB-C port capable of delivering as much wattage as a USB-C port can. It’s about $100. Paired with a 12ah battery (which are awesome by the way) you can power lots of stuff for days. I don’t have one but I’m highly considering it.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
Re: M18 success
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2022, 01:42 PM »
I bought one of the Milwaukee power supplies, used it one time in the 12v port and the port quit working. The USB port was fine. Sent it to milwaukee tool repair, they sent me a new one. This same thing happened again, not once but two more times. That's when I bought the transformer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.