Author Topic: Wyoming is telling stories.  (Read 2947 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Wyoming is telling stories.
« on: Dec 21, 2009, 01:19 PM »
I read somewhere they are talking about dominating the laker division this year.....taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
I hope others from BC will try and prove them wrong.
I don't want to lose my hair again this year :-\

Offline Duhwhite24

• IceShanty Rookie
  • RED DRAGONS
Re: Wyoming is telling stories.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2009, 02:02 PM »
Thats what we are hopin to do ;).   Hopefully the ice will cooperate this year, its already starting to look like last year.  NO GOOD >:(.  Well best of luck to you all.  GO WYO!!!
Easy There, Don't Horse Em'

Offline northernwillow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2009, 02:51 PM »
I will not be venturing far frum PG other than maybe overseas. So dont expect any laker help frum me TGF.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:26 PM »
If you give me some of your secrets  ;) I would be happy to help out..

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:35 PM »
No secrets to tell....just spend some quality time at some of our trophy laker lakes and they will come.
Oh and don't pee into the wind or eat yellow snow ;)

Offline Gamagator

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hang on it’s hard water season!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Well the Wyomings crew is gonna have there work cut out for themselves this year, a couple of BC boys got through there rookie season fishing lakers. It can only get better this year. Now that we've had all summer to do our homework. Should be interesting on what size lakers come out of the ice this season. Can't wait for the January 2010, its like christmas all over again, hitting the big lakes.

Offline T-Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Do introduced species count? There's Great article in he American Fisheries Society magazine about Lake Trout in the western U.S..  It's about their dual action as super trophies and as ultra competitive introduced species.  Kinda neat......if you like reading that sort of thing.  I still haven't read all of it yet.

Maybe victory for BC via super sneaky legal loophole! ::)
Or maybe, being people of great character, the Laker hunters here will just go out and slay'em the old fashioned way!

I have no sled, and am not in the tourney so count me out.  I will enthusiastically cheer from the sidelines though!! ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Your not in the tourney T-man?
Sign up bud....its free and maybe this will be the year someone from BC will win an icegator auger or a Marcum flasher. All you gotta do is post a fish up. Heck it can even be a northern pikeminnow or sucker that is only a couple inches long. What have you got to lose....or maybe your undercover RCMP and don't want your cover blown so get a fake beard and post your fish  ;D It really is lots of fun ;)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:36 PM »
Don't think I'll be any help this year as I'm in school from Jan. 4 to Feb. 19, so I will only be fishing on Saturdays close to P.G. and studying on Sundays. :'(

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:41 PM »
No secrets to tell....just spend some quality time at some of our trophy laker lakes and they will come.
Oh and don't pee into the wind or eat yellow snow ;)

And make sure to zip up after pee'ing and before taking pic's

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:49 PM »
yea.. that is great advice..... not... honestly i don't know any great laker lakes around here..... how is stuart for lakers?? do you know? i have caught some in coo-coo, but they weren't very big... biggest about 5 lbs.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2009, 12:45 AM »
yea.. that is great advice..... not... honestly i don't know any great laker lakes around here..... how is stuart for lakers?? do you know? i have caught some in coo-coo, but they weren't very big... biggest about 5 lbs.

Stuart is really big and hard to locate lakers. They are there but not concentrated. Whiskey caught a 22.6 lb laker 41.5 inches in coo-coo a couple years ago but he wasn't in derby. Check out the old BC board and you might see it. Apparently it was netted by fisheries a few years back and a 94 lb laker was released back into the lake. Probably old and grizzled looking now though....kind of like me and Er-e-is  :woot: :woot: :woot:

North of Fort St James up the Leo has some good laker spots. And west lakes like Uncha, Binta and Knapp have some good sized lakers. Most don't want to travel from PG but some of us diehards camp out in tents and wake up in the wee hours of the morning and can't feel our white toes. No names mentioned :)

And make sure to zip up after pee'ing and before taking pic's

Coming from a man speaking from experience who got caught before with his zipper down on camera  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2009, 08:18 AM »
North of Fort St James up the Leo has some good laker spots. And west lakes like Uncha, Binta and Knapp have some good sized lakers. Most don't want to travel from PG but some of us diehards camp out in tents and wake up in the wee hours of the morning and can't feel our white toes. No names mentioned :)

Some crazies even camp North of 60* in the winter.
But the real crazies ice fish lakers when it's -47C and their heaters won't work because it's too cold for the propane to vaporize!!!    :woot: :woot: :woot:
No names mentioned to protect the insane!!!!!    ;D

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:14 PM »
well, i don't know if i would camp out to go for them.... but thanks for the advice on some good spots.... 

94 lbs.!!!!!!! thats insane....... I wouldn't mind catching that one.... I doubt its still alive though..

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I also talked with a scuba diving buddy who talks of underwater caves in coo-coo. Probably where the big boys hang. He got scared once because there was a couple fish down there that were bigger than him.....but he is a short guy at 5 feet 1 inch.
One spot he talked about, you had to carry your knife because very easy to get tangled in all the line that is hung up on bottom. Once he got so tangled that knife saved his life.
It is a heavily fished lake.
Here is the link to Whiskeys fish. I'm sure you can tell where it is by picture. Remember though this was back a few years when you could harvest one.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=22709.0

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Yes i can tell where that is, me and ise de by are thinking of fishing there this season, thought it might be good for the burbs. because you've got deep and shallow troughs there.. hope i tie into one like that... i will need a big hole though.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 22, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Naa 8 inches was big enough for that fish ;)

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Welll then I will just have to catch one that big and prove you wrong... ;)  just joking....

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Welll then I will just have to catch one that big and prove you wrong... ;)  just joking....

Well I hope you do so I can save my hair.  ;) Look at the link and make sure when you post a tourney entry that it looks like the ones posted.
FYI: http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=93261.0
Don't want anyone to get Disqualified (and some will). Also if you put your laker into the snow and get picture in half an hour later...it will be half an inch shorter after its stiffened some. (I tried this once  ;))

Speaking from experience some laker lakes have long skinny ones and some have short fatties one. Coo-coo has fat ones. However if you did catch a 90 lber out of there, I'm sure it would be pushing 50-60 inches. Coo-coo has a low catch ratio/hours for lakers. I could fish all day on coo-coo and catch one or two lakers or go to a more remote lake and catch 10-12 lakers in the same time period. Whiskey spent many days that year fishing for that fish. That is why it is now a catch and release lake for lakers.

I hope they have lakers in the tourney this year?

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Man I wish i can catch one that big, oh well, wheter i do or don't it should be a good season..

I hope they pick lakers to, it would be nice if they picked burbot to... hoping to tie into something big through the ice this year..

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:38 AM »
Man I wish i can catch one that big, oh well, wheter i do or don't it should be a good season..

I hope they pick lakers to, it would be nice if they picked burbot to... hoping to tie into something big through the ice this year..

You got half your wish.....burbot ;)

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 25, 2009, 04:15 PM »
haha yea.... I will have to go with ise de by and school him like he says he will to his son... haha.... he isn't the best fisherman out there.. we'll see if i catch a big ling though..

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #22 on: Dec 26, 2009, 02:48 AM »
haha yea.... I will have to go with ise de by and school him like he says he will to his son... haha.... he isn't the best fisherman out there.. we'll see if i catch a big ling though..

Listen Hally....are you smack-talkin me?   I can fish circles around you    :P    too bad you can only fish weekends,   I already had 2 up to the hole tonight,   and Keven had NONE    ;D       wisdom 1...........youth  0

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I just said your no the best.... and niether am i... but we should do some fishing soon... got some new hooks and some shiners.... we will see how they work..

Offline Rainbow Sniper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I got you in my cross-hairs
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:19 PM »
I just said your no the best.... and niether am i... but we should do some fishing soon... got some new hooks and some shiners.... we will see how they work..

Hi David,  its me Colin,  lets kick dads butt       :o       ;)      ;D :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
        Go ahead fishie........  "MAKE MY DAY"

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 28, 2009, 04:49 AM »
Welcome aboard Sniper. Look forward to more pics from your gang.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Haha... yea... your toast now ise.. just jokin..  we should really do some fishin soon..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.