New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 18746 times)

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #180 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:36 PM »
Thanks for the info last week Duke.  Glad I made the trip up.  The bit of snow made for a decent trek out, the wind in the face on the other hand..... ::)  Even with a slow start to the morning I had the best day this year.  Although my daughters couldn't make it due to several sports commitments, my father did join me.  I was however able to Bring home enough for dinner as well as few for the freezer. NICE!  I was second guessing my decision as I battled the wind while putting up my shanty, but then all was good. It seemed like when they came they came big and plenty.  I was surprised at the amount of ice still on.  I think I may be paying extra for boat storage this spring. 
 As always thanks to all for your information and making this another great year on the ice, minus the fish. ;)
I came home with a good days catch and got some work done on the camp.
Be safe!
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #181 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Back at the elms around sun up..whose braving the pond tomorrow?

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Everyone watch out near the docks at Greene point. Went through twice.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #183 on: Mar 31, 2015, 10:12 PM »
There are some thin areas that may be open water shortly off the elms. Alot of wheeler activity. Surprised to see so many machines out.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #184 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:11 PM »
There are some thin areas that may be open water shortly off the elms. Alot of wheeler activity. Surprised to see so many machines out.
[/quote be safe. im done ice fishing here on champlain time to start trout and salmon fishing. are you going to be around pulaski area april 19th or 20th?  send me a pm.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Apr 01, 2015, 06:10 PM »
i would like to continue to read all of your post but that will only happen if you all get the heck off the ice to many have gone through and some have died its not worth what it will do to your families

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:55 PM »
Thanks for all the tips. Had a great winter on the pond. I pulled a good size bag of trash including propane tanks off tuesday. Can't wait to have my boat out on the pond. Learned not to play around in the bay with it last year. Been hitting the trout spots now. No more ice for me. Good luck guys and enjoy the warm weather. Whats mff?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #187 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:58 PM »
loso myfishfinder.com

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #188 on: Oct 14, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Boggey how's the ice buddy
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #189 on: Oct 14, 2015, 07:15 PM »
LOL.  I think I saw a wheeler out there the other day.  THink I heard some singing coming from the guy riding it.  ;D

Hey Jim.  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.