Author Topic: cabelas  (Read 3034 times)

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: cabelas
« Reply #30 on: Oct 31, 2018, 08:50 AM »
Like the analogy of Sears buying out Kmart. I expect the same result with the Bass Pro buyout of Cabela's. A lot of what made Cabela's successful Bass Pro is curtailing or eliminating altogether. These new business geniuses ignore the facts of why some consumers prefer one over the other.

Another good example of how to ruin a good thing. When Ebay tried to become another Amazon. The new management types wanted to rid the " flea market  " reputation of Ebay. The very thing that attracted me to the site. When long standing sellers and buyers protested the enormous changes in Eaby's forums. They closed the forums and eliminated them. Funny thing is what all the protesters said. The vast majority of their warnings became true.

As others have mentioned Fish USA has picked up my former Cabela business. I use others but Fish USA my favorite now.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: cabelas
« Reply #31 on: Nov 04, 2018, 09:14 PM »
i occasionally bought stuff at Cabelas, lived in Des Moines and seldom went to Bass Pro, even when they had sales flyers, nothing name brand was really on sale, it was all Redhead brand stuff that was discounted.  I would go to Omaha for work and stop at Cabelas for the bargain cave once a month.  Drove past the Bass Pro in Council Bluffs to get there.

No bargain cave, no need for me to go there...
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.