Author Topic: Where is everyone??  (Read 1269 times)

Offline MCH

• IceShanty Rookie
Where is everyone??
« on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:27 AM »
Out on east twin since about 1am and not a soul arround.

Makes me wonder, where is everyone fishing and are they having better luck than me?

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Where is everyone??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2010, 09:37 AM »
The recent rains and ice loss have everyone scared... Business here at the shop is DEAD! What are the ice conditions up there???? How was getting on the ice???

Offline jay matthews

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2010, 10:04 AM »
not scared, got the "widow to fishing speech" last night, maybe tomorrow...

Offline bob fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I've been out on the Ice localy since the Jan 2nd weekend .
No time this weekend, and Ice down here is sketchy, I'll give it more time.
Jay , some times my wife likes the quiet time, when I take the kid with me  ! ;D
Please report back the ice conditions at east twin, as I want to hit it soon.
Hit Black Pond in Meriden last weekend, Skunked, not even a hit, everyone close to me had the same luck,
NONE.
Nice Cold week , plenty of ice for next weekend.

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I've gotten sick and am stuck indoors this weekend. :( Trying to keep the minnows I got last weekend alive for another week. My aerator crapped out last night and half were floating this morning.

Hopefully there won't be anything to keep me off the ice next weekend.

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2010, 12:00 PM »
just got back from bigelow. 10-12" of good ice. did good for that place. jigged up a 16-18 " brown no pictures hands too cold to do anything but get it back in the water. also landed 5 pickerel only one was good size. had the whole place to myself. not a soul around. whats the matter with you guys. its cold so what. we're ice fishermen. besides my hands being cold from taking my gloves off i was comfortable. lets hear some reports.

wt

Offline MCH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:01 AM »
The recent rains and ice loss have everyone scared... Business here at the shop is DEAD! What are the ice conditions up there???? How was getting on the ice???

ice was good and safe, 5-7" yesterday and I am sure there is more now. getting on was a little slushy when we first got there but was solid when we were getting off the ice.

in all not a bad day of fishing either.  Caught a couple nice perch, several nice trout ( all too small to keep from E. Twin, but still nice anyways) and 3 chain pickeral.

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2010, 11:53 AM »
just got back from bigelow. 10-12" of good ice. did good for that place. jigged up a 16-18 " brown no pictures hands too cold to do anything but get it back in the water. also landed 5 pickerel only one was good size. had the whole place to myself. not a soul around. whats the matter with you guys. its cold so what. we're ice fishermen. besides my hands being cold from taking my gloves off i was comfortable. lets hear some reports.

wt

Wiley,
Was at Mash on Fri, ESTX had a couple short runs, but we caught the Skunk. Had OT the rest of the weekend. Gonna hit it hard on Fri and Sun, gonna attempt to catch pike some bait on thurs.  Nice Brown, there are nice fish there.

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:58 PM »
after a decent day at bigelow thought i'd try the mash again today. dont know why i bother. it gave me the skunk again. not a flag. me and that place just dont get along. i went down to the launch at big. on the way out and it didn't look like anyone had been out there all day. i should trust my instincts. several guys out ther today and i didnt see any flags anywhere. why is that place so tough.

wt

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Think I going back there this week, don't know if I like the challenge or just have a thick head, probably the latter.

Hawk

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2010, 04:41 PM »
the place looks like fish. and you here about quality fish being caught just enough to keep you interested.
have you been to black lately? that place has been tough on me this year too. a lot of pickerel and a couple of small bows.

wt

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2010, 07:16 PM »
hawk when you planning on going i wanted to go out this week at nite thinking wed. or thurs. got a new hummingbird flasher i need to learn how to use cant get out till around 8 pm after the kids go to bed let me know if any one will be at mash or coventry either nite

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:00 PM »
I noticed the same thing this year. Just doesn't seem to be the usual number of guys on the ice. I was on Black Rock on Wednesday and there were a few new holes, went back today and there wasn't even a track on it. I was there with 2 friends and there was only one other guy on the ice.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.