The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Fished Swan Lake  (Read 536 times)

Offline Jack978

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fished Swan Lake
« on: Feb 09, 2024, 06:04 PM »
A good 10 inches of ice and favorable temps.  Other than getting skunked it was a pretty good day, but it wasn't just us.  No one we could see got anything worth the effort, but the ice is still good and there is always another day.  A few pressure ridges here and there but its still closed up except a few spots on shore.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fished Swan Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2024, 06:58 PM »
That is the thickness of ice on L Sebago GRAY solid 10"  No snow on ice mouth of brooks and Narrows  between lakes open water.

Offline Wallace3716

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2024, 04:30 PM »
No shame in getting skunked on Swan Lake. It is very slow. I have only had luck there using smelts and moving them all over the water column chasing whatever the fish are naturally feeding on.

Offline Jack978

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2024, 12:35 PM »
No shame in getting skunked on Swan Lake. It is very slow. I have only had luck there using smelts and moving them all over the water column chasing whatever the fish are naturally feeding on.

As my friend and I were sitting there waiting we agreed a slow day on the ice was way better then yelling at the TV or radio, sitting inside and bemoaning the good old days when 100 pounders were common and jumped through the hole into your sled.  Getting out and not giving in to the temptation to just give up is the difference between living and waiting to die.  I'm about the turn 67 and although fishing has changed since I was a teen it still beats the alternative.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.