Author Topic: Has anyone tried bison wool products?  (Read 933 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Has anyone tried bison wool products?
« on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:28 PM »
High priced but curious if anyone has feedback?

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Has anyone tried bison wool products?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:39 PM »
Buffalogold.net.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Sorry. Thebuffalowoolco.com.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Always like to check out new products. After looking I will say, have no knowledge, of the product and at the prices I won’t! May be good for others just won’t spend that kind of cash on apparel!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Always like to check out new products. After looking I will say, have no knowledge, of the product and at the prices I won’t! May be good for others just won’t spend that kind of cash on apparel!
Keep it safe! JDL
Agree on price. But I’m to the point if I only get to ice fish about 20 days a yr unfortunately I start with the highest priced gear and go from there. I have more damn socks etc that I paid lower prices for that are very avg. if I had 1 gooood pair for 40 bucks and they are the best out there then I’m game. Tired of cheap and mediocre stuff. Will save til I can afford goood stuff. Socks are a guys first defense on cold feet. Maybe my wife will buy for Xmas. Ha

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Try alpaca

Catchin' Fish

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Agree on price. But I’m to the point if I only get to ice fish about 20 days a yr unfortunately I start with the highest priced gear and go from there. I have more damn socks etc that I paid lower prices for that are very avg. if I had 1 gooood pair for 40 bucks and they are the best out there then I’m game. Tired of cheap and mediocre stuff. Will save til I can afford goood stuff. Socks are a guys first defense on cold feet. Maybe my wife will buy for Xmas. Ha

Totally agree...socks. I go with a polypropylene base sock, a thick/close woven (denier) thermal and a good boot ( mine are rated at -70*). If the feet...and hands...get cold, the rest of the body will soon follow. Never fails.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Forget bison and qiviut. For warm feet go to Amazon, Ballston medium wt, 86% merino wool, 4 pr for $32.00. Match them up with some silk sock liners. You're golden.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2019, 06:23 PM »
There is this...

https://outdoors.stackexchange.com/questions/16015/what-are-the-differences-between-alpaca-wool-and-merino-wool

...and their about $10 cheaper than the Buffalo brand on Amazon.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2019, 05:54 AM »
Totally agree! You get what you pay for! I was looking at the stuff that was going for big bucks. I run merino blend socks.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:09 AM »

Catchin' Fish

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:58 AM »
These are warmer than merino and dont need liner socks
https://purelyalpaca.com/products/superwarm-alpaca-socks-made-in-the-usa?variant=784748995
Thanks for that link. Don't look too bad either. After some snooping on the net it appears bison wool is a bit warmer than alpaca wool. The bison socks are like 40% bison wool, 40% merino. Those alpaca are 44% alpaca and then 40% 'microfiber'. Not sure what microfiber is but I'm guessing merino wool is better but who knows. Nice price point on the alpaca socks though and might have to give them a try. Thanks. Who'd a thought we could learn so much about socks??? ha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.