New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: First Strike Ice Fishing Derby - Cramberry Lake, NY (ADK)  (Read 585 times)

Offline steveo2811

• IceShanty Rookie
Who is all planning to head to 2019 Cranberry Fishing Derby?
http://www.cranberrylakefire.org/index.php/ice-fishing-derby

I wasn’t able to make it this year 2018, but was there for 2016 and 17. I have been going to Cranberry since I was 11 (now 33) as my parents have a camp there and only started ice fishing it the last 5 years.

I would love to find someone or a group to fish with prior, during, and/or after the derby. I always drag my wife along but she isn’t the biggest ice fisher woman (not sure why?) ;). It’s always more fun in numbers, imho. I’ve got lots of gear (lots of tip ups, clam jr portable, buddy heater, old et340 sled, new 2 seater 4x4 atv) but need more die hard friends that like being out there and putting the work in to find fish like myself...

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
Re: First Strike Ice Fishing Derby - Cramberry Lake, NY (ADK)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:54 PM »
I have a small group of friends some diehard some just come out for this tournament alone. If you are still struggling to find a group besides just the wife hit me up through PM on here. I was thinking about dragging the GF along this year maybe... ??? I am willing to put the work in pre-fishing or what not to get on decent fish but it hinges on bait as well. Good luck!
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Best of luck. Was a good derby but the number of law enforcement make it pain getting check multiple times in same day and give lots of dumb tickets imo
Just enjoying life

Offline steveo2811

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Bushyjr,

They definitely are strict, but as long as you keep your fishing license, and toy registration handy and your bait receipt they have always been polite to me.

But yes definitely strict

Only other tourney I have done is the harrisville fire co tourney on lake Boneparte... but we literally got blown off the ice. Watched my wife drift away inside the shanty as I was checking tip ups and I went chasing after her once  I stopped the atv from blowing.. haha looking back it was hilarious

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2018, 07:36 PM »
They were going to give me a ticket for abandoned tip ups. Guy blew up his sled and i towed him off then right back was still like 5 guys around but me being gone 10 min was abandonment they said just didn't sit good with me.          Always do the bonaparte derby.  Harrisville fire does a nice job.  Cranberry lake fd does a good job too not knocking them.  Just the forest rangers n conservation officer get carried away.   I have lifetime license, atv licensed n insured  so on the up n up for that part.
Just enjoying life

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:04 AM »
Plan on returning to the home water as always. Hopefully the ice and weather are in our favor

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:42 AM »
How are you supposed to enter a fish without leaving your tipups?

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2018, 06:23 AM »
Hmm that's a good question. Bet they hadn't thought of that ??? hahaha! make sure your setup near the Station or you have to pick up your whole set to weigh in. Really setting the tables for the run and gunners ;D.
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.