New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Garmin Panoptix ICE gamechanger?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
Garmin Panoptix ICE gamechanger?
« on: Dec 11, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Has everyone checked out garmin panoptix? instead of a normal cone angle that shoots down the panoptix can cover 100 feet so you can see huge distances underwater in live flame blob images that can really show the mood and size of fish. only two downsides I see so far are the huge weird transducer and mount they have devised, but it works. and the huge pricetag of like $1900 bucks. All the popular youtube fisherman are using them this year it seems to be the cool thing to buy if you got 2000 extra bucks and your a hardcore fisherman. the panoptix can mount to your boat as well so you can use this thing year round. Let me know what you guys think about this new tech.
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Garmin Panoptix ICE gamechanger?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2018, 03:52 PM »
I suppose if you could see 100' to the side it would be an advantage to know you should move over there to catch that fish. the down side to that is that it would have you chasing fish all day. I would have to buy a faster auger to keep up now I'm up to probably 2600.  I'm gonna stick with my vex fl18  I can limit out most days.
    good luck if you plan on shelling out that kind of $

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:41 PM »
All the popular youtube fisherman are using them this year it seems to be the cool thing to buy if you got 2000 extra bucks and your a hardcore fisherman. the panoptix can mount to your boat as well so you can use this thing year round. Let me know what you guys think about this new tech.

All the popular U Tube fisherman are given free or paid to use that gear! That should not be a good criteria to buy something. I can hear Bill Dance shilling for spray on fish attractant  now.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:45 PM »
you obviously have not seen any videos on this thing yet. and no one is saying to go out and buy this thing until or if ever us working men can afford it... This is just the newest technology humans have invented and its worth looking at. just looking lol. :o

Offline Mack2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2018, 08:09 PM »
I’ve seen the videos, and it seems pretty incredible! I’m gonna wait for the price point to come way way down, and the form factor to be more manageable, but yeah I’d love to try one.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2018, 08:22 PM »
you obviously have not seen any videos on this thing yet. and no one is saying to go out and buy this thing until or if ever us working men can afford it... This is just the newest technology humans have invented and its worth looking at. just looking lol. :o

Sorry man, I sounded like an old stuck in the mud. Technology is amazing. I appreciate it but still enjoy fishing old school. Enjoy.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Inspiration for my post comes from Mr. Aaron Weibe from uncut angling

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:32 PM »
But Weibe can catch muskies with a fidget spinner! And I could buy a heck of a lot of fidget spinners for $1900.

In all seriousness. Panoptix does look interesting and Uncut Angling is always a good watch.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:52 PM »

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:54 AM »

It’s new and cool, and I wish all the guys that purchased the unit good luck , but I’ll just keep picking away at the fish , 🎣🕳

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2018, 08:10 AM »
That guy makes fantastic videos but that Muskie video on his "hair" lure was the best I think he has every done! Bravo.

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2018, 08:27 AM »
I’ve been seeing it on Uncut Angling and it’s amazing, but I just don’t think it’s realistic for regular people. Youtubers need the advantage of not only seeing the fish but also showing viewers the fish. It makes sense for them, and is cost effective.
Without ad revenue and sponsors, I just can’t see any “normies” spending the money on it. But I love seeing it on his videos.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2018, 08:47 AM »
I’ve been seeing it on Uncut Angling and it’s amazing, but I just don’t think it’s realistic for regular people. Youtubers need the advantage of not only seeing the fish but also showing viewers the fish. It makes sense for them, and is cost effective.
Without ad revenue and sponsors, I just can’t see any “normies” spending the money on it. But I love seeing it on his videos.

Looking at some flashers at $700, this thing is totally amazing. (speaking about livescope, I have no experience with the regular panoptix). Being able to see fish at 50 ft away and their reaction to rattle, and adjusting accordingly, is unlike anything else out there right now and makes all the other "flashers" seem overpriced and outdated. IMO

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:17 AM »
I got the ice pack to used year round. I think of it as getting a really nice video game pc/system (considering how much do people spend on games these days). How often during open water do you wish you could visually fish with your electronics just like through the ice. Well this tech brings your favorite video game into the 3D era. I’ve never been able to keep my boat steady enough over fish to use my regular sonar to watch the whole interaction. I don’t have a big enough boat to have bow mounted trolling motor with spot lock. But by mounting my ice panoptix to my trolling motor shaft, I’ve seen a fish out ahead of my boat, cast out and watched my lure sink, watched the retrieve and saw the fish chase and hit.

Offline knotcase

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2018, 01:02 PM »
I'm getting Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73cv this year for about $700 - I'm way overdue for a new unit. It can be upgraded with a panoptix transducer. Hopefully next year. That way I don't have to dish out all of that cash at once. Gives me something to look forward to  ;).

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:20 PM »
I'm getting Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 73cv this year for about $700 - I'm way overdue for a new unit. It can be upgraded with a panoptix transducer. Hopefully next year. That way I don't have to dish out all of that cash at once. Gives me something to look forward to  ;).

Cabela's has the Echomap Plus 93sv for $599.97 right now... ;)

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:52 PM »
I own a couple lx 5s and a fl20. I thought about selling all three for one. Still would be short lol. Pretty awsome if u watch the videos. Can't wait to run into someone on the ice with one to see it in person.  :tipup:Mark

Offline tj_cubin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:25 AM »
Here is uncut angling’s intro to the panoptixs. It’s pretty amazing. Not just for actual fishing, but also for scouting your terrain to find the structure and figure out where to start.
I don’t see myself ever affording a regular flasher, let alone a $1,900-$2,200 sonar. But it’s nice to dream.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.