Author Topic: Aftermarket bearing kits for Shimano spinning reels on eBay  (Read 955 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Can anyone tell me how these perform?  Will a new set of these bearings take the slop out of the handle?  I have a well used Shimano Saros, 15 y/o? The handle over years of use has developed a lot of play/slop in it.  The reel is still very smooth otherwise, so I was looking at the bearing kits you can buy on eBay.

Like these:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABEC-7-Hybrid-CERAMIC-Bearings-FOR-SHIMANO-SAROS-SAR-2500F-SPINNING-REEL/391450004670?epid=1100015890&hash=item5b243d0cbe:g:nQsAAOSw2GlXGeDE

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Aftermarket bearing kits for Shimano spinning reels on eBay
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Can anyone tell me how these perform?  Will a new set of these bearings take the slop out of the handle?  I have a well used Shimano Saros, 15 y/o? The handle over years of use has developed a lot of play/slop in it.  The reel is still very smooth otherwise, so I was looking at the bearing kits you can buy on eBay.

Like these:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABEC-7-Hybrid-CERAMIC-Bearings-FOR-SHIMANO-SAROS-SAR-2500F-SPINNING-REEL/391450004670?epid=1100015890&hash=item5b243d0cbe:g:nQsAAOSw2GlXGeDE

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

DN
not sure if its bearings at fault until its disassembled.i repair abu and penn reels.i would check what size bearings you need and look on ebay again for cheaper prices.i get centerpin abec 7 ceramics from China on ebay for $12.ive used them in lots of reels.ceramics are a tad louder then reg bearings but smooth.could be a handle bushing or sleeve wore out on your reel.ok i see the sizes listed in description.Probably a good deal for 5 bearings.i run boca ceramics and china abec 7 ceramics in my reels and notice no difference except price.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Aftermarket bearing kits for Shimano spinning reels on eBay
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:59 PM »
not sure if its bearings at fault until its disassembled.i repair abu and penn reels.i would check what size bearings you need and look on ebay again for cheaper prices.i get centerpin abec 7 ceramics from China on ebay for $12.ive used them in lots of reels.ceramics are a tad louder then reg bearings but smooth.could be a handle bushing or sleeve wore out on your reel.ok i see the sizes listed in description.Probably a good deal for 5 bearings.i run boca ceramics and china abec 7 ceramics in my reels and notice no difference except price.

Thanks Jay.  Yeah, you’re probably right that I should tear it apart first to see if I can identify what’s causing the issue.  I don’t really want to blow $35 for nothing if it won’t fix the problem.  I’ll have to tear it down anyway to put new bearings in, so may as well start there.

Thanks again.

Mark
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.