Author Topic: Ice Fishing with my Uncle from Minnesota  (Read 564 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Fishing with my Uncle from Minnesota
« on: Feb 25, 2020, 02:29 PM »
Last weekend I got to get out with my Uncle Mike and do some ice fishing up at Ruedi Reservoir. It had been over 20+ years since we had last fished together. He lives up in Minnesota so it's hard to get together obviously. When I was younger growing up in Minnesota, he was one of my main influences for loving fishing; so it was a real treat to fish with him again now that I'm older...He was out here visiting to help my mother out. She recently had knee surgery (nothing crazy) but is a very busy woman and needed some assistance. She really wanted to make sure me and my Uncle got out to fish at least once, so he snuck away with me for an afternoon.

Wish it would've went better though lol. He landed two nice fish and I got skunked :P We had a lot of fun catching up though and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Ruedi Ice was about 16" and about 1 1/2 feet of snow on top of that. Slush wasn't too bad at all. When we showed up it was pretty nice but progressively got worst throughout the day until we left. 

Below is a video of the day...Short but sweet!
Also some pictures!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.