Author Topic: What the Eff- Vexilar discontinued the dual and tribeam!?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline WesternSlopeFlyNIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
WHY! i just spoke to matt and he said the tri-beam caused issues with the units.... never saw a review that said that...

i have the pro-view and i'm not 100% on these "Lobes" that increase the cone lol. i know you guys argued tooth and nail on this subject... is the pro-view considered good now (flx-28)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: What the Eff- Vexilar discontinued the dual and tribeam!?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Dual beam has been gone for awhile,tribeam discontinued last year.proview is love/hate among us  .im not getting into that discussion again.if you dont like it the 12 degree is a good all around depth ducer.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Or go with an Lx7. Sorry to hear that this time of year as our season is winding down WSFN.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2020, 04:08 PM »
Dual beam has been gone for awhile,tribeam discontinued last year.proview is love/hate among us  .im not getting into that discussion again.if you dont like it the 12 degree is a good all around depth ducer.

Yup. And it works GREAT with the FL-18. Best locator bar none. Runs all day on a 9ah...eh Doc? 😉
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Yup. And it works GREAT with the FL-18. Best locator bar none. Runs all day on a 9ah...eh Doc? 😉
you getting all day again?lol

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:31 PM »
you getting all day again?lol

Yessir! 👍😉👍
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2020, 10:49 AM »
i played with the pro-view this weekend in 17 FOW.

It's definately very sensitive. i put it on LP and dropped the gain to get the thin line. worked ok but dang it has a SMALL cone.

I watched the videos about " increasing the cone" and actually called VEX about the cone. he started talking about lobes and how when you increase the gain those outer lobes activated or something.

didn't add up to me. anyway, its a good deep-water option i suppose. i really like the color options and the autozoom.

we mostly fish trout so bottom zoom is nearly pointless ( trout in my area appear ANYWHERE in the water column)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2020, 11:20 AM »
I used mine in 10 to 19ft all weekend.works flawless in lp mode.i haven’t had any problems with the pv and have ran them since they came out.i run a flx28,fl20 with the proview.i have a tribeam on my fl22hd and i run 12 degree on rest of my vexilars.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2020, 11:38 AM »
i really like my FL-12 with a 12* ducer. nice all around, good sharp image.

i REALLLLLY like my FL-8SE. thing is a rock. only issue is its too sensitive in shallow water ( i have an S-cable but havent spent the time to figure how to put it on) Its just not very accurate past 30 feet, where you have to turn the gain up, then if you go into a shallower column your jig is blown up. super reliable though.

I also run an FLX-28 with the Pro-View. its got all the bells and whistles, seems fine.

i have two lakes that run 40-60 FOW that the 28 will shine in, i guess i'll put the Scable on my fl8 and use it for the shallow spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.