Author Topic: Have to rant about Striker  (Read 6886 times)

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Have to rant about Striker
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:25 AM »
send them a certified letter stating if they don't make things right legal action will follow. That usually gets the ball rolling.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:50 AM »
Bugged them on facebook and finally got a response. I'm getting tired of companies only paying attention to social media. Still don't have a resolution, but at least a sign of life.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2017, 12:56 PM »
put this link on their facebook!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2017, 12:58 PM »
be persistent for sure.i most definetly will not buy another striker anything if I have to open stupid fb account for customer service.**censored**lol haha that was a quick censor.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2017, 03:20 PM »
So after actually being able to work with them over facebook (grrrr).... They're out of stock on the sizes I need and they are not receiving any more stock in for the rest of the season.  Since I bought it at a show, they can't process the return.

I'm doubly pissed since if they had responded to my numerous calls and emails when I first tried to contact them, their website showed the sizes I needed in stock. Since it took me a week and facebook to contact them, they ran out of stock.

So now I either have to work with the store that sponsored the show and return it through them (hopefully they'll work with me), or sell it and try to get my money back out of it. Then I have to try to find somewhere that has the sizes I need still in stock once I get the refund.

My Carhartts won't float, but they'll work just fine this season......

At least the kid has his striker suit, that's what really matters to me.

Offline walleyerick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 22, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Dave, contact Todd @ Dakota Angler I am confident he will return your $$$ or set you up with whatever suit he has in stock that would please you. Todd has always taken care of his customers and I would bet he will do you more than right.. If he is not in the store ask to have HIM call you, I have never bought anything from him that I wasn't completely satisfied. See you on the ice soon......
"Sappers lead the way "

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:48 PM »
Dave, contact Todd @ Dakota Angler I am confident he will return your $$$ or set you up with whatever suit he has in stock that would please you. Todd has always taken care of his customers and I would bet he will do you more than right.. If he is not in the store ask to have HIM call you, I have never bought anything from him that I wasn't completely satisfied. See you on the ice soon......

Todd is excellent and I'm sure he'll work with me. He's on vacation, but after calling the store he called me back personally and we're going to work it out when he gets back after next week.

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:17 AM »
awesome :)

have a great christmas

Offline ajm11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:47 AM »
If you dont get any resolution through any shop, shoot me a pm, local shop has yet to get any 2x in but sounds like your 3 might work for me.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Dec 24, 2017, 08:54 AM »
Striker is sitting on a potential gold mine but they're screwing themselves big time with the lousy customer service.  If I knew about their terrible customer service, which I haven't had to use, I would've given serious consideration to buying a different brand just in case I needed to deal with their customer service department.  For me the quality of the customer service is just as important as the quality of the product and I'm willing to pay more for both.  I hope Striker sees this and it lights a fire under them to get their act together.  It's sad to say but if they keep going this way with the lousy customer service the best thing that can happen is they get bought by another company who actually cares about and values their customers.  The thing is they certainly charge top dollar for their stuff and the quality and level of customer service should be even higher than their prices.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Striker is sitting on a potential gold mine but they're screwing themselves big time with the lousy customer service.  If I knew about their terrible customer service, which I haven't had to use, I would've given serious consideration to buying a different brand just in case I needed to deal with their customer service department.  For me the quality of the customer service is just as important as the quality of the product and I'm willing to pay more for both.  I hope Striker sees this and it lights a fire under them to get their act together.  It's sad to say but if they keep going this way with the lousy customer service the best thing that can happen is they get bought by another company who actually cares about and values their customers.  The thing is they certainly charge top dollar for their stuff and the quality and level of customer service should be even higher than their prices.

I agree. Had they responded to my voice mails and emails when I first sent them, they would have had the sizes I needed in stock (according to their website) and this post would never have happened.

On the other hand, I have to admit that as soon as I contacted them on social media (facebook), they were very responsive and we had a dialog going within a couple hours. Had I contacted them there first, this might not have happened this way.

I might grumble and groan about companies moving to social media as the first (and best) method of support. I might get pissed about having to have facebook, twitter, and whatever other SM accounts that companies use just in order to contact them. I was sitting here this morning thinking about just that and going back and forth about whether it was right or not.

I remember when email first gained in popularity among businesses. Some businesses went to only email for customer service. I remember people that were older than me at the time complaining about not being able to call a company and stating they'd never do business with someone they had to email to talk to. At the time I took the stance that "It's the evolution of using technology, deal with it". Now it's common day.

Maybe this is just the next evolution and I'm the old guy griping about it. I know many younger than me see social media as the first line of communication. Companies are shifting to responding to that first. The curse and blessing of social media is that it's easy to put a company on blast publicly when you're unhappy, and someone who uses that method to contact you is more likely to do that.

Maybe I just have to accept that this is the next evolution of how business use technology to interact with their customer base.

Maybe I'll just sit on my porch yelling at them to get off my lawn.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 24, 2017, 11:26 AM »
I think they should've replied to your email and returned your phone call, what about the people who don't have social media or even computers?  Isn't their money just as green and good as the computer savvy people's?  The trouble with all this new technology is this generation can't carry on a conversation, they'll text each other when they're sitting right next to one another.  And to take that even a step further if you take away their computers, laptops, cell phones, and what ever other gadget they have they're screwed and go into vapor lock.  It's getting to the point of if it's not an app or can't be done with a computer they have no clue how to do it and then there's the aspect of how much of a pack of babies many of them are.  They need their safe space so they can sit in the corner with their phone and cry about things.  The greatest generation must be rolling over in their graves to see how big of a pack of babies and uninformed the majority of this generation is.  Thank God these babies and their cell phones weren't the generation during either of the World Wars because they would've given up at the first sight of the enemy.  I feel bad for my kids and our country when these babies take over, now that's a scary thought. 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #42 on: Dec 24, 2017, 11:46 AM »
don't put the blame on yourself dave lol jk..striker should make it right regardless where you bought it.when my suit fell apart I first contacted the store I bought it from.1st thing they told me was to contact striker and it was their problem.striker should exchange your coat for sure if its tagged wrong .customer service contact should be email or phone number direct to company office not fb.jmo.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 24, 2017, 12:14 PM »
The problem is they've exhausted their stock and won't be getting any more in for the season. I'm returning this to the store and waiting till next year.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #44 on: Dec 24, 2017, 12:17 PM »
Striker isn't the only brand on the planet, but if your heart is set on striker...............
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Dec 24, 2017, 12:51 PM »
If I was the head honcho at Striker I'd call every one of my dealers and buy one from them at the retail price to replace your coat and eat the cost of shipping both ways and whatever the coat costed my company.  That's the right thing to do and the level of customer service I'd want for my company.  Sadly it's pretty obvious that Striker doesn't care that much about their customers who pay their way in life.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 24, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Striker isn't the only brand on the planet, but if your heart is set on striker...............

No, my heart is not set on striker, but it was the most affordable, especially with the sale I got on it. I'll be watching for sales after the new year once I get this figured out with the store, but I'm not holding my breath. My carhartts will last for this season, and I'll just be extra careful on the ice. Many people survived many trips on the ice without a float suit, it's just another tool, not a necessity.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #47 on: Dec 24, 2017, 01:15 PM »
No, my heart is not set on striker, but it was the most affordable, especially with the sale I got on it. I'll be watching for sales after the new year once I get this figured out with the store, but I'm not holding my breath. My carhartts will last for this season, and I'll just be extra careful on the ice. Many people survived many trips on the ice without a float suit, it's just another tool, not a necessity.
Did you order your suit from Todd at the ice expo? My son and I both have Arctic Armor suits and the only thing I don't like is that the zippers in the legs should be longer. It's really hard to put the bibs on with your boots on. Some say their shoulders get a bit cold with Arctic Armor. I worked outside in SD for forty years and have a really good idea of what it's like to be cold. Arctic Armor has been great for me.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Dec 24, 2017, 01:53 PM »
Check and see what Fish307.com has, those guys are great and take care of their customers VERY WELL.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 24, 2017, 02:18 PM »
Can’t beat the adjustable legs though, don’t think anyone else has them!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.