The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 62497 times)

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lansing Hardwater
« on: Jan 04, 2016, 09:37 PM »
You guys done any scouting for ice lately? Checked the dell rd lakes out. The only areas that were iced was maybe a half inch. the first and 4th just the little tree covered coves.
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2016, 02:35 PM »
I took a look at Interstate today. It's completely covered with slick ice. Somebody had gone out a few feet recently and checked with a spud, but they didn't go any farther. No telling what will happen with the rain and snow coming, but I'm worried about slush.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Im gonna go check out park, lansing, and crego tomorrow. Ill keep you posted
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Taco

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Givem the beans!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Old red
 Are you talking crego park by the zoo? I live by there but never checked it out. Which lake are you talking? Fidelity had a skim on half of it the other day.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2016, 02:17 AM »
Old red
 Are you talking crego park by the zoo? I live by there but never checked it out. Which lake are you talking? Fidelity had a skim on half of it the other day.

Yes sir crego park, just cuz its in the area.

Offline Taco

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Givem the beans!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:09 AM »
The bayou of red cedar? Whats in there? Always planned to try it for poke but never got around to it

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:50 PM »
Dell rd ponds are at 2 1/2 with an inch of slop. Stll got on em though. Didnt go out too far. Hawk island has about 3-3 1/2 of honey comb. Got on it today as well. Not much action but man was it nice just getting out.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2016, 10:23 PM »
Good to hear you got on some ice. Was anybody else out there?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2016, 05:52 AM »
Nope, but there were several vehicles slowly driving by and staring. Probably thought i was crazy. Haha

Offline Taco

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Givem the beans!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:35 PM »
Old red

Are you also known as power auger Jon?

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:05 PM »
how about Fox Knoll?
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:35 PM »
Neither? Haha

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:37 PM »
Heading to Park/Crego/Hawk/ and maybe interstate tomorrow guys. Ill post updates tomorrow night.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:39 PM »
Would live to visit rose and fox knoll, but have never checked them out. Anyone have parking details on either of these ponds?

Offline wetfoot1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:42 AM »
that would be me taco. where do i know you from?

Offline Bronco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Would live to visit rose and fox knoll, but have never checked them out. Anyone have parking details on either of these ponds?

Want to definitely have 4WD for Rose. Parking is on the North side of the lake off of Stoll Rd. If you reach the DNR office you've gone too far. Fox Knoll has a few parking spots on the south side of the lake off of State Rd. I haven't fished either for years now. Good luck if you get out there.

Offline tugback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Hey wetfoot are you fishing tomarrow. ?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Got out on Park today. Ice is a little spotty by shore but gets better as you walk towards the pit. About 4-5 inches of honey comb. Not enough to call safe exactly but as soon as i got out there people were stopping and staring, probably wondering if I was either crazy, or surpised the icecwas actually walkable. Get there at 9 all by my lonesome, by the time I left there were six more guys out there. Bring your spuds and picks if you plan on checking it out. Bite wasnt all that great but still great to get out. Also stopped by Round. Went out about 50 feet found only 2 inches, then heard a pressure crack, turned my ass around real quick. Wednesday is the start to my vacation. I plan to fish all day every day so if anyone wants to meet up, two drills are better than one!

Offline Brook2st

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2016, 02:04 PM »
Drove around Fox Knoll/Rose/Potter last night. There were truck tracks at all of them, I only saw foot prints at Potter so I walked out and found about 3 inches. I wasnt brave enough to try where I didnt see others had gone as I am far from an expert. Hoping to get out tomorrow and that the warmth today didnt affect it too much!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2016, 03:56 PM »
Ehhhh, id give it another day maybe dude. IMO. Just to be safe. However, The rain and warmer twmps today will help melt the snow thats insulating it from freezing. Temps the next few days lookin reel good. Ill be back out on wednesday. Might check out interstate, and heard davis pits has got some walkable ice as well.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Drove around Fox Knoll/Rose/Potter last night. There were truck tracks at all of them, I only saw foot prints at Potter so I walked out and found about 3 inches. I wasnt brave enough to try where I didnt see others had gone as I am far from an expert. Hoping to get out tomorrow and that the warmth today didnt affect it too much!

I'd suggest don't push it for tomorrow, especially if you're not familiar with the lake. As warm as it was today, that could weaken the iffy ice we've got. But it will set things up to make nice ice when we get the single digit nights they predict starting Sunday. I don't want to take any chances, but it looks like I could finally get out next week!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2016, 09:37 PM »
I'd suggest don't push it for tomorrow, especially if you're not familiar with the lake. As warm as it was today, that could weaken the iffy ice we've got. But it will set things up to make nice ice when we get the single digit nights they predict starting Sunday. I don't want to take any chances, but it looks like I could finally get out next week!

Ditto. Where you hittin first?

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2016, 09:55 PM »
Probably Lake Interstate because it's the closest for me.

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2016, 04:40 AM »
I'll be taking a drive to Lake Interstate just to get out of the house. Antsy to go fishing somewhere, just not ready to venture on the ice with the warm spell we just had.
Good luck fellas, be safe!
Steve

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2016, 05:31 AM »
Im suiting up and going fishing somewhere today, this has gone on long enough.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Im suiting up and going fishing somewhere today, this has gone on long enough.

You find some???

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:30 AM »
Probably Lake Interstate because it's the closest for me.
              Came by there yesterday about 2pm didn't look like anyone had been on it, woops that was Sunday I was by there

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 18, 2016, 07:02 AM »
Lake Ovid has 5 inches I was out by the island of boat launch 12 foot of water

Offline wetfoot1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2016, 07:25 AM »
anyone ben on or checked the ice on the upper grand in lans ?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Lake Ovid has 5 inches I was out by the island of boat launch 12 foot of water

How was the bite on Ovid? I haven't really heard many good things about the winter bite there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.