Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern lakes?  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
Northern lakes?
« on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Hows the ice up north, by clear lake, or the okobojis?
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Northern lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:29 PM »
Going south quick. Glad I took last Tuesday off. I was able to drive out even. Idk if there will be anyone out this weekend. It is going south fast I believe. With all the water on top of the ice, and this wind, idk what to expect. The car hasn’t dropped on Smith’s bay. I think there will still be good ice this weekend but the shorelines will be crap. May be able to do ATV but I’d have to walk out and check the ice first. Also, with all the water on the lake, conditions will not be fun. Lots of water flowing through the system right now also.

Anyone venturing out this weekend please be safe. Bring picks. Wear your floating suit regardless of temps. And use a spud. They’re not just for first ice. And use the buddy system, always nice to have a buddy go first lol.

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:32 PM »
Alright thanks. Guess that's that for my season then.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2019, 11:21 PM »
If there is water on top of the ice, there is lots of ice to fish on. The ice will float when it starts to melt.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.