Author Topic: Striker Ice Climate Gloves  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Qdad

• IceShanty Rookie
Striker Ice Climate Gloves
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 05:59 PM »
My current pair of gloves are starting to show their age and it didn't help that I melted part of them on a heater last year.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new pair of gloves and I've been eyeing up the Striker Climate gloves.  I need a pair of waterproof gloves as I have a bad habit of putting mine in the water to clear slush.

Would like to hear from anyone owns a pair of these if they are worth the cost/

Also, any good deals online?

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
Re: Striker Ice Climate Gloves
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:47 PM »
I don't know about the climate gloves, but the Striker Ice second skin gloves are also waterproof.  I bought a pair a few weeks ago and I hate them.  The inner lining will separate from the outer lining, which makes putting them on when you hands are cold and wet impossible.  I can't re-bait or take off a fish without removing my gloves or mitts, so my hands get wet this way.  Trying to jamb your hand in the glove to match the finger holes is near impossible.  If the inner lining was sewed onto the outer lining, they would be great, but they're not.  Hopefully getting a refund on mine. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 09:00 PM »
did you see these?
https://www.fishusa.com/product/Striker-Ice-Tip-Up-Gloves

I don't know about the climate gloves, but the Striker Ice second skin gloves are also waterproof.  I bought a pair a few weeks ago and I hate them.  The inner lining will separate from the outer lining, which makes putting them on when you hands are cold and wet impossible.  I can't re-bait or take off a fish without removing my gloves or mitts, so my hands get wet this way.  Trying to jamb your hand in the glove to match the finger holes is near impossible.  If the inner lining was sewed onto the outer lining, they would be great, but they're not.  Hopefully getting a refund on mine.
i'm not at all impressed with with mine either. i kept them tho for off ice needs.

Frabill FXE Task Gloves were junk too.

i can't find great gloves so the doted jersey's work most times for me. easy on and off. b&g has a huge pack cheap. they are okay to warm up the hands with a chemical hand warmer in the palm and switch the palms to use just one hand warmer. making a fist helps warm the fingers.
i must have over twenty pairs of gloves of different types. on real cold days the glomits (part fingerless glove and part mitten) work better so the back of your hands stay warm and you can bring down the finger pocket and thumb cover.

i also get my hands in the water and then dry them off right away.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:17 PM »
Which glommits do you use? I have an old pair of glommits that have no branding on them. They were great but now they are cold once you unhook a fish because they get wet. I want to say they were made by Shakespeare but I have no proof. They have magnets to hold the mitten and thumb parts open. The material around the magnets is now tearing from age and won't be able to hold the magnets much longer. I think I can fix it by ironing a patch over the magnets.  I have another pair the use velcro.  Hate them. They never hold them open. Looking for a good pair that are water resistant and have the pocket in the mitten for a hand warmer.
jbird68

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Which glommits do you use? I have an old pair of glommits that have no branding on them. They were great but now they are cold once you unhook a fish because they get wet. I want to say they were made by Shakespeare but I have no proof. They have magnets to hold the mitten and thumb parts open. The material around the magnets is now tearing from age and won't be able to hold the magnets much longer. I think I can fix it by ironing a patch over the magnets.  I have another pair the use velcro.  Hate them. They never hold them open. Looking for a good pair that are water resistant and have the pocket in the mitten for a hand warmer.
what about moving the magnets? you could use hot glue and add magnets and get them online.

i have a few pairs of the glomitts. my favorite so far is the simms. i do like my wool versions too, but the way the flaps are held are not as nice as the simms.
i'll see if i can find them online again.
i do like the looks of the striker tip ups gloves too. i would try a pair. they are sold out at most online sites. fishusa has them. i am worried about shipping back and forth if they run too small or too big tho.

here they are, but are not water resistant. they are fleece and warm. just put the hand warmer in the palm or wrist of the glomitt or glove.
https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/socks-gloves/freestone-foldover-mitt.html

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:40 PM »
Qdad,

Do you have any insight on these gloves now as the season has progressed?    I just ordered a pair for my son. 

Thanks
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.