Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607990 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14910 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:57 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS Mr. & Mrs. H2....so happy for you,  Welcome Home!!  :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14911 on: Feb 14, 2019, 05:51 PM »
Yup H2 like its been said, There's no place like Home.

Can't tell a nickel's worth, in the way of healing up.  been able to keep the swelling down some so that helps.  Just so irritating on the stomach.  Guess I have to eat more.

More roller coaster temps, yesterday hit 60, now heading back down some, hoping local ice stays comfortable for this weekend.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14912 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:33 PM »
good news H2L wishing you and Mrs. H2L a Happy Valentines Day

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14913 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Great news Mr and Mrs H2L!  :thumbsup: :clap: Hope you had a nice day together.

IW, we went skiing at Sugarbush in Warren, VT. My wife won a 2 day, 2 night ski and stay package for two people in a radio contest on a whim last fall. We chipped in and stayed for a third night. Been a long time since we got away with no kids. It was a great trip and we may try to take one like it every year now.

Hope everyone has a good night
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14914 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:44 PM »
Good evening, I received 3-4 inches of snow from the storm with a period of sleet so ice coating on top of the snow. Got lucky while shoveling out my vehicle they were clearing parking lot and plowed most of the snow from behind the vehicle. High around forty today and forecast to be near fifty tomorrow so already loosing snow pack.
Eddie thank you for the offer on book I doubt Fish307 will carry it since the subject is Southern NY. fishing (Ulster and Dutchess counties down to NYC and Long Island)   I will look again for it the week of 24Th . Glad someone found a new supply of terrazzo so the project can be completed.  Have a good trip to Lake George make the lake trout and perch be hungry.
Ice Wanderer nice to have neighbor willing to help you out. Electric snow blower are nice just watch you do not trip over the power cord or run over it with the blower.
ICEfisher-45 saw your post looking for vehicle opinions good luck in your search.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the wild life photos check your local regulations it is not legal to feed wildlife that have regulated hunting seasons in some states. You and the girls have a safe and good trip to WI. Did you see post by  Dr.Tro. with video of sturgeon he caught recently.
Tom Turkey nice of you to help your neighbor. Besides the style of electric snow blower show in IW's photo some may use a battery you can recharge like cordless drills.
Hunts2long happy your wife is home. Best to all of you. i hope their is some favorite food besides the chocolate chip cookies you make her as a welcome home gift.
Old Goat how are you doing get in any fishing trips lately.
IFF sorry to hear the new medication upsets your stomach is this one of the medications side effects.
Deerefishyfishy glad you and the wife had a good ski trip. Think it is good for couples to get away from their children  every once in a while.
Wallyworld have fun dishwasher shopping may the installation not cause Mr.WW to much trouble.

A good night to all.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14915 on: Feb 15, 2019, 02:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF... :clap:  Have been looking forward to this day since clocking in at work Monday am... ;D
  Light winds and 29* to start the day off, high of 44 with some snow and rain showers possible today.

H2... hope your wife had a comfortable day being home again, congratulations again on her return!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...crossing fingers the warmer weather helps knock down some of the snow up in the LG area today. Will be waxing down the skis on the Smitty sled today and another good coating of Rain X to help with the slush I’m certain will be waiting.   ;D
  DFF...sounds like you and your wife had a wonderful time and getaway, awesome! Looking forward to seeing a few pictures....very happy also for you a compromise is at least being entertained and no Govt. shutdown in the works today!   :clap:    :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad the snow removal at the fishing camp wasn’t so bad. All the snow here glazed on top, almost sounds  like glass breaking when you step on it, I know my dogs don’t like it much!   ;D
  Jeff...did you go the movies yesterday?
  OG...Thank You for the leads on the fishfinders, passed them on to my son!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...beautiful shot of the herd, er flock, of deer!  ;D:clap:  Safe travels today for you and the ladies, looking forward to your report from the Sturgeon grounds...have a great time!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope you’re all through with the snow now for awhile. Had a small electric blower years ago, worked great for decks and was lightweight. Maybe check Craigslist in your area?   :thumbsup:
  Bud.. hope you see some improvement soon from the swelling.   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope things are looking up for you each passing day, best wishes continued!   :thumbsup:

Counting down the minutes already to end this day.... and getting my gear ready for an extended weekend...we’ve got Monday off!   :clap:
  Our first shipment of stone arrived yesterday just before our day ended, so we should be good to go for awhile...assuming they are the correct, lol, find out this am.
  Cawfee’s brewing...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14916 on: Feb 15, 2019, 04:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 26 degrees out but supposed to be rainy and in the 40s today.

Hunts2long that’s awesome your wife was home for Valentine’s Day. Hope you two had a great day.

Still waiting to hear from the court about the independent physical. Disability has been filed. See the surgeon next Friday about starting the surgeries. Now is a waiting game.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14917 on: Feb 15, 2019, 05:06 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, ER's,
                               It's 30* and clear with a high near 40* with a wintry mix later. ::)
                               Eddie ..........If you're planing to head to LG again, there was only about 6 inches of snow on the ice and should be almost gone
                       by days end. :thumbsup:  Good luck out there tomorrow. :flex:
                                I-45............Keep up the faith, I'm sure things will turn out for you. :clap:
                                H2L............I'm sure your wife was overjoyed when she finally got home, there's no place like home! :woot:
                                Bud............That's a strange leg thing you have going on, maybe it's growing pains, lol :roflmao: Seriously I hope the Dr. can
                       figure it out! ???
                                Marv...........Nice looking heard of deer, very healthy looking. :whistle: Can you tell if there are any buck in the group, look for
                       sheds close to home. :flex:
                                DFF.............That was a nice package to win, I'm glad you had that good of a time to want to go away again. :thumbsup:
                                Wally...........I hope the snow clearing went well at home, it's tough with that frozen stuff on top, we didn't get that. The snow
                       we got yesterday was about another 3". :o
                                Steve...........Our new blower has plastic blades, I doubt that it will cut into the cord, but I told my wife to be careful to keep the
                       cord behind her, and she did.
                                We never made it out of the house yesterday, my #3 son came over and cleared the back deck for us and he stuck around for awhile.
                                I hope everyone has a great Friday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14918 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:02 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:
-5 with about a -25 wind chill, nice morning for a ride across Wisconsin. I have been busy loading the truck and getting things in order around here. We are about set to hit the road. I am not sure what's all on the agenda for today on our way to the lake. My wife has a booklet printed out of things to see along the way, it wouldn't be a road trip without it.

IW one of the deer that was visiting in mid Dec was a dandy buck. Just before Christmas he was on the camera minus the headgear. It was early but at the time there was no snow so we scoured looking for the sheds but no luck :cookoo:

mr.clean this state has a lot of regulations with the game animals, frankly I get confused ??? For deer you can feed them up until September 1,  then it is termed baiting. Once you get into February it's no longer baiting and is now feeding again :cookoo: We enjoy seeing all the different critters that come to visit, and when noteworthy I like to pass the pictures around.

WW hope you had a nice evening  :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you are feeling better and best of luck this weekend :thumbsup:.

I am get the wrap it up sign so time to get going.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday,  and a fantastic weekend :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14919 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:52 AM »
A little light snow coming down this morning. We went through a few back streets in Grand Rapids yesterday. The town in still a mess from their big storm with car that have not been moved so they can plow the streets. I did see 50* on one thermometer.  I just got the wife's car cleaned off so she can go to the senior center. Hopefully some people show up. The Friday pot luck has been called off for two weeks. Plus she has not done BP clinic for a while.

We spent quite a while in the city yesterday. I needed to get one of her old cellphones reactivated at a Target store. We had to go to one way across town as the one we went to could not do it. It was well worth the trip as the gal at that store was fantastic. We were able to have coffee with the daughter in law when I picked up some RX's. She is the head of the coding department at that hospital.

WS have a good and safe trip. Hopefully you can stick your spear in a sturgeon. Your regulations can not be as confusing as the Michigan ones I sent you. No feeding or baiting in the lower this year. With the turkeys being fed on a platform is the only way we can legally feed them.

IW I had one of those small Toro electric blowers that was my mothers. The cutting edge finally got worn out so it went in the trash. Have you found any extension cords that are not stiff in the cold. Even the one I have that is supposed to be good in the cold is stiff. I have a pretty good length of rubber covered black wire like they used to make that I am thinking of making an extension cord out of. I had bought a big spool of it when a hardware store went out of business.

H2l It is good to here that you wife was home for Valentines Day. I am sure it was the best Valentines Day ever.

Eddi I thought of you when I got on a street getting out of the city. The mile long street has a brick like surface. What a fiasco it is as it is full of humps and hollows as the base is not even.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14920 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:43 PM »
hoping the wind here didn't trash the ice in the cove.  Only way to find out is take a ride and look.
Bud

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14921 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Good evening, after some early morning rain another sunny day here seems to be the pattern for my area this Winter. We get a period of colder temperatures receive some snow then things warm up or we get rain which helps melt the snow.
Eddie was the stone delivered correct size for the job. Have a safe trip to Lake George may there not be to much snow/slush on top of ice surface.
Ice Wanderer the electric snow blower we had used rubber paddles even if the paddles/blades did not cut the cord i can see the cord getting wrapped up in them. Good advice to your wife easy to trip over the cord.Hope you had a good visit with son #3.
Icefisher-45 may you here something soon on the physical and disability claim. The waiting can get to you.
Whopper Stopper I figured you were following state regulations with the wild life feeding enjoy all the animals that pay you a visit. Hope you had a good trip and are safely in WI. also may there have been some items that you also enjoy on your wife's list.
Tom Turkey good to read you had a safe trip to Grand Rapids and were able to get the cell phone reactivated plus spend some time with your daughter in law while picking up the medications. Guessing Mrs.TT has her blood sugar under control if she is going to senior center event.
Wallyworld hope no computer issues on top of the dishwasher problem. 

Everyone have a good night . Best to all fishing this holiday weekend.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14922 on: Feb 16, 2019, 01:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  27* with some wind again this am, high of 30.
  Just a quick hello to everyone before I pack up the gear and head north for another round with the Lakers...and hopefully get a parking spot, lol.

Jeff...that was good news on the snow total at LG, hoping yesterday’s weather conditions helped reduce that amount.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...will be looking forward to your reports from the sturgeon grounds! Hope you had a safe trip.   :thumbsup:

Will catch up to you all this evening....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14923 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:36 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 25* here on my hill this morning. ::)
                      Eddie.........I'll be looking later to see how you made out, who's going with you? ???
                      Marv..........I hope you and the girls have a good trip to the Sturgeon festival. :thumbsup:
                      Tom..........I have lead cords that are fairly flexible in cold weather, I got them from some jobs that I worked on. They were ones that had nicks
             in the coating a were not to be used on construction jobs. They are safe to use, I repaired them with submersible splice kits. :blink:
                      Steve........I wrap the lead cord around the top of the blower so it's right by my hand so I can grab it easily away from the blower. One thing about
            doing certain task, one has to have some common sense and also be aware of the hazards of doing certain things. Thanks for bring this all up in your post.
            Sometimes people get complacent and forget things. ???
                      Wally.........There are some good sales going on at Lowe's or Home Dept for appliances, I hope you find something you like. :thumbsup:
                      Bud...........How did the cove hold up to the wind? ???       
                      Not much going on here today, my wife is going bonkers being around the house so much, I'm going suggest to her to go visit someone and get out.
            I don't really want to go out, first of all, I'm instructed not to loft my upper arm so in order to get a shirt on, I had my wife cut off the left sleeve then cut
            from the arm pit down to get it over the sling, so my arm and left side is exposed. She bought a 2xl tee shirt to wear, I tried pulling the whole shirt over my
            arm but it's too confining.
                     I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the ice.

IW   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14924 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:55 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope the fish are hungry and the parking lot is not too full  ;D

IW.....I bought a dishwasher yesterday at Lowe's, so many to choose from makes your head spin  :wacko: 

MrC.....same thing here with the snow, then a warm up and/or rain, then snow again  ::)  keeps the snow banks down anyway  ;)2

IFF.....hope the ice held up ok  :)   how's the tummy feeling  ???

WS......hope you're enjoying your trip  ;)

OS......how's Annie adjusting  ??? 

TT.....got your letter yesterday, can't wait to try them out  :thumbsup: :clap:  please thank MrsTT for sharing  ;)

H2L......hope MrsH is doing well and you've been able to keep her from overdoing things  ;)2

Went up to Saranac Lake Thursday to a small local theater to watch a musical called Guys on Ice about 3 guys sitting in their shanty fishing .......what a great show  :thumbsup:  we laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our cheeks  :roflmao:  spent the night in Lake Placid then did a little sightseeing yesterday morning, very enjoyable little get away  :thumbsup:

Today is dishwasher installation day   :pinch:  fingers crossed there's not too much  :%$#!: :blink: :nono:  involved   :woot: 

Have a good day at whatever you have going on. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14925 on: Feb 16, 2019, 05:45 AM »
Good Morning ER's WW that show has been here too. Sis is in town and headed to Chicago to meet up with her daughter and take in the Ballet. I'll watch a little bb and work around the house. Rehab 3x week and lst ice fishing trip any day now.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14926 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Yes, it is good to have her home. Valentines Day was good. She wanted pasta, so she got pasta. She can't have flowers and she got a box of candy from the daughter. She is happy. It has been busy. Nurse was her again yesterday for blood work and to change the bandage on her PICC line. We do have a follow-up in NYC on Tuesday.

Eddie, hope you have a good day on Lake George.

WW, good luck with the dish washer project today.

21 and cloudy this morning. Big walleye contest today, will have to take a ride and check out how many are out there. Over 40k in cash and prizes. I didn't even get in it this year with all that has been going on.

Have a good day and be safe...h2l

IW, I hope you aren't going stir crazy being house bound.
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14927 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Good Morning.

Jeff haven't been there yet

WW, starting to get used to the harsh meds, just have to fill up before taking them.

Got to get loaded up.  Later.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14928 on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:30 AM »
Good morning Everyone.

Yesterday was antiques, gift shop, wine tasting, and a flowershop ???

We are about set to get in the truck and see some sturgeon. Many reports of trucks going thru and ice flooding from all the snow, not sure how much driving on ice we will do.

Hope you all have an excellent day, stay save.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14929 on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a non rainy day though their talking snow Sunday or Monday.

I hope everyone has a great day and good luck to to those on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14930 on: Feb 16, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Good morning gang,

Good luck to those on the ice today! Stay safe

WW, hope the dishwasher install goes smooth for you!

Not a ton going on here today. Trying to catch up on some housework while the kids play. My wife is doing a little sewing making some sheets and pillows for the girls' doll beds. We are going to try to hit the local ski resort near Cortland either tomorrow or Monday with the kids. My wife got me a fishing lure with a message on it for Valentine's Day. I asked her if it was for decoration or if I was allowed to use it and she said I have to catch fish on it... I told her that meant I need to go fishing! I'll attach a picture of it and a few from our ski trip to Sugarbush last weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!

The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14931 on: Feb 16, 2019, 08:10 AM »
No snow here again today. 21* with light winds. A plow went by yesterday pushing back the snow banks on the lake side of the road some more. Seeing I had my drive blown wide I could get out. I will shovel the snow boulders out of the way today. It is not worth having to clean out the blower for that amount needing to be cleaned up.

I had a discussion with one of the neighbors the other night about all of the stakes that some of the lake side owners have put in right next to the black top. One actually put 5/6 steel stakes in. They are afraid that the plow might mess up their pretty lawns. The plow guy yesterday took a lot of them out. The steel ones stayed in but are really bent up. ;D I am waiting to see what they guy I talked to has to say about this.

IW I found out about watching cords when my mother bought ME our first power lawn mower, an electric one with a 100 foot cord back in the mid 50's. The outer coating was rubber so it was not stiff. I have used liquid electrical tape to fix a lot of knicks in wire and put it on all splices that are subject to getting  wet. I ended up buying some rubber air hose for my compressor as that plactic crap has a mind of it own.

I feel for you trying find some thing to be comfortable in having to have you arm in a sling all of the time.

ww No problem with sending the recipies. I passed the thank you on to the wife. I will send more diabetic reipies if I run onto some good ones. When I was type 1 I had to find some sweets that I could have to satisfy my sweet tooth.

That sounds like a good group to see. I saw the Yoopers a number of times  back in the early 90's. They came from the Up and had some funny stuff in their show, most about deer hunting.

H2l I am sure that was the best Valentines Day ever for your wife being home. Hopefully the weather is good for your trip to NYC Tuesday.

MR C The wife's blood sugars strightend out as soon as she quit taking that med. The weather has been the cause of not having blood pressure clinics. Most of the actiities at the center have been cancled the last few weeks. 

EDIT
Deerefishy I did a lot of skiing when I was a kid, on old style maple skis. They have cable bindings on them. I only got to go to ski resorts a couple of times. There were a couple of hills behind my house that your could start at one and ski to the top of the other so there was no climbing through a couple of feet of snow. I still have those old skis. I used them to get into where I was trapping beaver alot. Way easier than snow shoeing in.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14932 on: Feb 16, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Good morning Everyone.
Deer excellent pictures  :thumbsup:
A few fish being brought in. The beer is flowing.

I will post a few more pictures later.

WS

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #14933 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Good afternoon, folks. Currently sitting here eating my lunch of grilled cheese and chicken soup. Getting ready to try and spud my way on to the lake to catch some trout. Hopefully the ice has held this week.

Deer, looks like a blast! Never been on a slope but I've always wanted to try it
Tom, keep safe out there. Make sure you don't over due it and hurt yourself
WS, That's an excellent catch right there! Someone had a good day

Good luck to those out on the ice! Stay safe!

-LM
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14934 on: Feb 16, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Good afternoon, another sunny day with light wind already bare ground in places from melted snow.
Eddie hope you found a parking spot near the section of lake you plan to fish. Looking forward to your post trip report Have a safe and good day pursuing the lake trout.
Ice Wanderer very true about taking a moment to think about hazards when doing certain tasks/jobs. How long before you can start rehab and get out of the sling. Hope your wife took your advice and visited with some local friends.
Wallyworld hope the new dishwasher is installed and has been given a test run with any problems and to much :%$#!: . Enjoy the recipes , I will have to keep a look out for the musical. Saranac Lake/Lake Placid is a nice area only been there in the Fall. Did you visit the Olympic museum .
Old Goat may you have a good visit with your sister and safe travels to her. Best with your rehab.
Hunts2long glad your wife got to enjoy a meal of her choosing for Valentine's Day. safe travel on Tuesday and may all be good medical wise.
whopper Stopper you have to get the girls into beer at least then you can visit different micro-breweries on your trips. Thank you for the sturgeon photo.
IFF good to read you have found a way to lesson side effects from medication.
Deerefishyfishy nice photos from your trip. May you catch a nice fish on the lure first time you use it and the clean it up and put in a box for safe keeping. i would be afraid of loosing the lure on a fishing trip.
Tom Turkey understand your neighbors concern being the corner lot lawn at the house got tore up in winter from town plows pushing snow banks back so you had better vision exiting from my street. glad your wife has her blood sugar levels under control.
Lil Maggot hope you found safe ice today and bring some trout home.

A safe and pleasant evening to all.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14935 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Good day ER's!! WW, Annie has rapidly gained my affection. She and her brother both were well worth rescuing!!! Thanks for asking!!  :thumbsup:

Edit---- Finally got some sourdough starter going. Time for some homemade baked goods!!  :flex:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #14936 on: Feb 16, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Managed to get out today. Found about 5 inches of clear ice but it was honeycombed. Once it starts going, it wont be long until the season is over. Bite was slow but steady all evening. This is the highlight of the day!

:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14937 on: Feb 17, 2019, 04:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 10* and clear here on my hill, wintry mix is slated for later today. ::)
                      Wally that show sounded like a lot of fun, so much I asked my wife if she wanted to go. We're going next Sunday with # 2 son's in laws. :woot:
            How long is the show? ??? How did the dishwasher install go, does Mr. WW still have his wits about him. :whistle:
                      Eddie.........You must have had a long day yesterday, how was the fishing. ???
                      Lil maggot.....Nice trout, watch out for that honey comb ice it can turn on you in a matter of minutes. :o
                      OS..............I'm glad both cats are working out for you, cats can be good for the sole, the expel relaxation. :thumbsup:
                      Steve..........From what I'm reading about rotator cuff repairs, my arm could be the sling for 6 weeks, then rehab. :blink:
                      Marv...........I saw on the news that a record Sturgeon was caught up there on Friday, I hope you and the girls are having a good time. :flex: :thumbsup:
                      OG.............I hope you are getting better with the rehab. :flex:
                      DFF............Nice pictures of your weekend in Vermont, it is a pretty state with great views. :thumbsup:
                      Not much going on today, my wife and I will make a dump run then to town for some groceries, later today is the Daytona 500.
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14938 on: Feb 17, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
 Clear and 17* this am, high of 30 today.

LilMag...way to go, nice job on the trout!  :clap:  Glad to see those picks around your neck...be very careful out there on that ice.
  Jeff... got to be a PITA with that sling,  but glad you’re winning the battle and keeping that arm protected. The fishing was pretty slow for me yesterday. Marked plenty, quite a few chasers, only landed one 22 1/2’’...just shy, lol. did a solo trip. Got there early enough for a parking spot...saw tickets waiting on windshields for those parking on the road.
  Marv...thanks for the updates and picture! Sounds like you and the ladies are having a fun trip, awesome! Will be looking forward to today’s report... :clap: :thumbsup:
  DFF...some really beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them with us! What a thoughtful gift from your wife. If you do use that lure, I think no matter what you catch, maybe consider getting a replica mount done and retire it hanging from the fish’s mouth?  Best of luck!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally...sounds like you and Mr.WW had a great getaway to the Saranac area! Will keep an eye open on that musical.
Hope the dishwasher job went well yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  OG...Thank You for the info on the fishfinders, best of luck to you on your ice fishing! Travel light and take it easy Mister!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad I got there early yesterday morning, spots filled up very quickly where I was.  :thumbsup:
  H2... glad to read things are going well for your wife at home, nice job on the pasta!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Will be looking into the Walleye Challenge reports, they had a great day weather wise anyway!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...hope you found some hungry fish yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  OS...glad the kitties are fitting in for you, nice!!   :thumbsup:

Have been battling a lingering cold for the past few days, but it caught up to me pretty good yesterday...especially dragging a sled full of gear. Conditions weren’t so bad, my Smitty sled worked great with freshly waxed ski’s, but congestion took its toll. Once again, I never did make it to where I wanted to go but that was fine.
  Parked on top of 120’ of water and had all my holes drilled and traps ready before 6am. There was about 4’’ or so of snow on top with slush beneath it, good 7-8’’ of ice.
  Marked plenty of fish early am, then it was sporadic the rest of the day. Had quite a few chasing, could only manage to land one that fell just short of keeper size. Wrapped it up early around 2, fished a few open holes on my way back in. From the looks of things, most everyone had the same thing going on. Talked to one nice young guy who gave me a hand loading up my sled, said he managed two small Lakers.
  Planning another trip tomorrow with my youngest son, solunar tables looking favorable....crossing fingers the fish are more willing to bite.
  Cawfee’s on...

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14939 on: Feb 17, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, wondering how much snow we’re going to get.

Mason Eddie hope you feel better soon.

Hunts2long Home is the best place to be when your sick.

Deerefishyfishy hope you get a good fish with the new lure. After that i’d Put it in a box. I’d be afraid i’d Lose it.

OS glad the kitties are settling in nicely. Kitties are very relaxing. I miss my Holly.

My wife is home today so I can go to church. She has been terrific making sure I eat right. My blood sugar has been good. I hope everyone has great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.