Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Fort Quappelle lakes

(1/3) > >>

dirtyduck:
Anyone walking on to any of the lakes st fort quappelle? How's the ice

Bart Ritchie:
Wed - Jan 10th - Mission Lake - on at Lebret boat launch

Small ice heave getting on lake at boat launch.  Drive on slowly and it’s fine.
About 2 to 3” of snow cover with some pencil drifts at 4 to 6” depth.  Easy driving from boat launch across lake to south side.

16” ice thickness and good quality ice measured at two different locations over 20 FOW and 30 FOW

Slow day, 8 fish in total.

I expect the other lakes in the area have the same or similar conditions.

Sat (Jan 6) 13” on Katepwa and Monday (Jan 8) 14” of ice on Pasqua

Bart Ritchie:
Thurs - Jan 18th - Mission Lake - on at Lebret boat launch

Boat launch area is getting blown in.  A bit of a path on the west side of the boat launch area, but continued to fill in over the course of the day.

Lots of blowing snow all day so small drif5s are getting larger.  About 3 to 4” of snow cover with lots of drifts at 6 to 8” depth.  Fairly easy driving but bigger drifts will be more of a challenge.

19-20” ice thickness and good quality ice measured at two different locations over 20 FOW and 30 FOW

Slow day, 8 fish in total.  Two decent Perch, 1 small Walleye and 5 Tuillibee.

By end of day I expect the boat launch area to be heavily drifted so caution getting on.  The straight on approach has an ice heave so that rout is not recommended with the addition of deep drifts that have built up there.

dirtyduck:
Thanks for the updates,  I'll definitely keep the heave in mind.  I usually go on near the ski hill but that entrance seems to get worse every year so I will definitely have to dry the boat launch. Can't wait to get out for some Tullibee. Good action and great bait

js6145:
Anyone driving on mission at west end nd. Use to get on thru the reeds

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version