Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Lake Diefenbaker 2023-2024

(1/12) > >>

burbotmachine:
Sask Landing got white snow and frozed up. How is the bays and coulees looking? Thanks

Mikethi21:
Went out today. Main lake is still wide open. Danielson on the east side of the lake had 2-3" of ice at the launch. Walked on and fished by sandy shores in coteau bay just off the launch. Good 4-5" in 15 fow. Looked like I was the first one on. Didn't go more than 40' off shore. Jumbo perch was the only thing biting.

EVAN NIM:
Any ice reports in the bays? I heard tuffts bay was wide open but I can see how there’s not even a little icep

ToonFisher:
Today the main lake at the dam is wide open with water fowls. Pumphouse bay is mostly open. Coteau Bay is partially frozen with 6 inch of ice off the boat launch.

speckspotter:
Toonfisher, I went and observed your waterfowl this morning at Danielson and then Coteau. The ice towards the mouth of the Danielson Harbour is very thin; no more than 1.5 inches right by the shore. I did pop a hole in 3 ft of water and got a fairly aggressive series of strikes from the same fish, but that was all.

Coteau ice was far safer, and I drilled among old holes out to 20 ft. A few big marks put in an appearance and closed on the bait, but none would commit. A handful of perch prevented a total skunking, but even the 9 inch "jumbo" got to swim free.

As the Canadas streamed overhead, I was thinking I should have grabbed the Beretta instead of the Fenwick this morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version