Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608126 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14610 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Nice perch Bud       OS sorry to hear of your accident hope your healing goes well     

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14611 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:29 AM »
Good Morning OG, Morning Everyone,
  It’s  -12 * on the Hill with 30mph plus winds howling this am, high of 0 today. Wind chills in the -40 range, yikes! We have the day off today, but don’t think any fishing will  be on the agenda.... ;D

Mike....wow, sorry to read about your accident!! X2 on everyone’s reply’s.... hope the healing process goes well especially with that little finger. Best wishes sent your way!  :thumbsup:
  Bud...nice job on the perch, some beauty’s!   :clap:  How were your ice conditions and did the bike handle ok?
  John...similar weather and cancellations for everything here as well. Glad you had a chance to get out and drill some holes and wet a line. Best of luck to your son on the rescheduled date, hope the Oneida trip is a slay fest for you!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...seemed to have bad internet connection almost all day yesterday....was on my phone several times checking in without any trouble.... :cookoo:
  Capt.Jim...I was hoping this last storm would stay South for you....shucks!!   ;D. Can’t believe how much rain you’ve been getting this winter. What’s an average snowfall for your area in the winter months?
  Marv...hope you’re feeling some relief with your back this am. Watched that commercial about Dr. Ho’s back product, thought of you and read up on some reviews....looks like another expensive scam.
  Jeff...hope you’re feeling ok after that snow removal, looking forward to your report! Last I heard on the news, your area was at least 10’’ more snow than we had. Hope the power is still on.... :thumbsup:
  Wally...safe travels home, hope you and Mr.WW had a great time!    :thumbsup:

Believe we had anywhere from 16-20’’ of snow, depending on where the bands hit. Had a period of sleet falling for awhile then mixed, then back to snow.
  Couldn’t believe my eyes when I fired up the snowblower yesterday morning making my first pass and seeing that my brand new mailbox and post were freaking gone!! I was fuming....%#@#&~!!!
  Saw the plow truck coming down the road about midway through and tried to flag him down. The driver slowed down, but never stopped....think he was well aware of what I had to say.
  Warmed up my truck and headed over to the County Building to rip the Supervisor a new hole. He was an alright guy, and I knew it wasn’t his fault, but enough was enough. Long story short a new temporary mailbox will be delivered and set up tomorrow..... :%$#!: :cookoo:
  As much as I appreciate the service and work of our County, I can’t help but wish we had the older retired drivers back behind the wheels....those days are long gone now, new generation on board.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14612 on: Jan 21, 2019, 05:03 AM »

Good morning Eddie, OG, ER's,
                               It's -11 and windy this morning on my hill. ::)
                               Eddie........I've lost a couple of mail boxes as well, what I finally did was to put a post 9' tall and 5' off the road, and a cross piece 5'
                   long 8' up. Then I hung my mail box with chain to the height it was suppose to be and a chain in the back of mail box to the post. That way
                   if was hit it would swing out of the way. the chain in the back keeps it from moving when the carrier opens the door and hitting his vehicle.
                   it works great. :flex:
                               Bud.......Nice job on the perch, that's the size I like. :thumbsup:
                               Wally.....Safe travel home, but then when you get there you have some snow clean up to do. :blink:
                               Speaking of clean up, I only blew my driveway once yesterday. It didn't stop snowing until 3:30 and I was watching the football
                  games. Boy both games were nail biters, especially the late game. WS and I were texting back and fourth toward the end and I also was
                  trying to help my wife get through it. Anyway I have another foot or so to clean up this morning.
                                I hope everybody has a good Monday either at work or out on some ice.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14613 on: Jan 21, 2019, 05:11 AM »
Bud's New Rig  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14614 on: Jan 21, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good morning everyone, Neg 3 out this morning. We got maybe 4” of snow. Wife had devised a way to take the pup out so I didn’t have to leave the porch. She’s afraid of me falling.

Old Sailor i’m Sorry about your accident.

IFF sounds like a good day on the ice. Hope your leg feels better.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14615 on: Jan 21, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Morning Marv, I-45,
  Hope you boys are doing well this am!   :thumbsup:
  Thanks for the picture Marv...that’s a sweet looking rig Bud, like it!!     :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14616 on: Jan 21, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....sorry to hear of your mishap :(  a speedy recovery wish sent your way sir   ;)2

Eddie.....the whole mailbox thing is one reason we decided to go with a PO box, PIA sometimes but overall a better option  ;D

CapJ.....as disheartening as the constant rain is, as least it doesn't have to be plowed or shoveled  :whistle:

IFF.....great looking set of wheels  :thumbsup:  hope you're planning a return trip to have the leg rechecked, should be getting better by now  :-\

WS.....hope your back pain is easing between the meds and the stretching exercises  :flex: 

IW....bet MrsIW was on the edge of her seat at the end of that game  :o  hope your shoulder's holding up to the snow removal  :)

MrC....sure was a quick turn around on the house  :blink:  maybe the new owners split up  ???

TT.....being w/o power on cold winter nights is zero fun for sure  :%$#!:  a couple propane heaters might be worth having on standby  ;)

Decided to make the drive home yesterday afternoon, travel wasn't too bad once we got on I-90  :)  the seminars at the show were interesting,
  always pick up a few new tricks out there  :thumbsup:  Found anywhere from 12" to 3' of snow in the driveway  :o  barely made it thru with the
  pickup  ::)  today will be clean up day around here  :flex:  wind chills of 30 - 40 below should make it interesting  >:(

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14617 on: Jan 21, 2019, 06:43 AM »
-10 this morning. Ended up with almost 20 inches of snow. There was about 14 when I hit the driveway at 6pm but snowed real hard late in the morning. It stopped about 1pm so I did the driveway again and waited for my daughter's by to leave for work to finish up. By then it was a lot colder and the wind was blowing. Not fun. Still haven't cleaned off the wife's car, but it isn't going anyplace soon.

WW, glad you got to the show and back home. I didn't think you needed anymore help with catching fish. You guys be careful out moving the snow today. It's not going to be nice out.

OS, sorry to hear of your accident. Hope all goes well with the recovery.

IFF, very good looking set-up.

Eddie, couple very good games yesterday. The girl that plows Rt. 30 has been on the job for over 20 years. She hasn't gotten my mail box, yet.

Wife was feeling better last night. Her Dr said they will get everything under control. It just has been one thing after another and the body is having a hard time fighting off so many things with no immune system.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14618 on: Jan 21, 2019, 08:30 AM »
-9* this morning with calm winds. Happily we have not gotten nay more snow. I had to bring the old dog around to the front door twice as her feet get to cold as she thinks she has to wander around before she wants to come in so she can not climb the ramp. It did not feel that bad out since there is no wind. Lots of schools are closed today.

IFF Nice looking set up and catch. Good deal on the carrier as well. How is your wife doing with her diabetes?

Eddie I had more trouble with kids damaging my mail box on Holloween than snow plow drivers. I learned to pull it so they did not have it for a traget for those old glass 2 liter glass pop bottles. The main problem we have  over at my property is the road commission hires inexperienced drivers to plow snow in the winter. The old now retired guys knew the roads like the back of their hand so never hit my mail box other than the time the driver got lost breaking open a drift and got way over on the other side of the road knocking my box off. You could see a mark on the angle iron from the drivers side of the plow. he would have n known it if he had hit the 2 inch pipe.

H2l I have one of those long handled 16 inch wide foam snow snow pushers that the car dealerships use to clean off their cars. It makes quick work cleaning my cars off. It does not hurt the paint. With it being so cold I do not fight the stiff extension cords to use my leaf blower.

ww I had my buddy heater going and the fire place lit. With no power the fan the fireplace would not run. With the way our house is set up the living room and kitchen are all one open space so it is hard to warm up. The place finally wamred back up about bed time last night. Good to here you got home with no problems other than it sounds like you had some drifting in the driveway.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14619 on: Jan 21, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Tom, her diabetes is always a struggle, Fridays supper left her baffled because it shot up to well over 300, leaving her felling very sick,  Took most of the night to get it back down.  Been wondering if the insulin might have froze.  New refrigerator holds right at 32 at its lowest setting  :unsure: :whistle: :wacko: :cookoo:
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14620 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45er's , 7 above with a wind chill of minus ten last i checked the weather strong winds of 15-20 mph with higher gusts. Think my area received 4 inches of snow with a period os sleet and rain. After cleaning of my SUV did not know if I would be able to move it doors frozen shut finally able to open drivers door.
FishinJohn have a good trip to Oneida Lake, don't know if you follow the Oneida Lake Diehards thread fellow I.S. member CNY panfisher recently caught a limit of walleyes largest fish was 27 inches. May you have similar days on your trip.
IFF sounds like the bike was a good purchase and suits your on-ice transportation needs congrats on the yellow perch. Good to hear you got wife's blood sugar level down for the high reading. think you may have to adjust temperature setting on the new frig. you may have liquids freezing at the current setting.
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting a photo of IFF's ice fishing ride. Hope your back is feeling better.
Ice Wanderer clever set up with your mail box. I don't follow football did the patriots win their game. Hope Mealworm and his crew do not have to spend to many hours today plowing snow.
Icefisher-45 good move with the dog setup by your wife don't need more problems with your back.
Hunts2long  guees your brother's employer is happy about the snow should be good cross country skiing  for some time after this storm. How busy was your daughter's DD during the storm. May your wife's doctors get thing under control know it has been a rough last few months for all of you.
Tom Turkey good thing you had the Buddy heater glad no pipes froze during the power outage.
Wallyworld  may you tractor start and have no problems during the snow clean up today. If you can see well enough to clear the driveway without wearing them put your glasses in a coat pocket or leave them in the house. I've tried a few different Balaclavas over the years and find they all cause moisture from exhaling to fog/ice up eyeglass lenses. You and Mr.WW be careful don't need any skin damage from exposure to the cold.

A good day to all. Those dealing with the high winds and minus zero wind chill factors be careful if you go outside.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14621 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Afternoon ER's. First of all I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes and support after my accident!!  :thumbsup: No one said what I'm sure some were thinking, as was I. STUPID MOVE!!!  :cookoo: I'm used to the newer snowblowers with the handle you have to hold down, take your hand off it and the auger disengages! My old one turns the auger as long as the engine is running! A momentary brain fart took it's toll. My therapist told me that just herself she's seen 4 hands chewed up by snowblowers, and there are a 1/2 dozen therapists! Hell of a way to become a statistic!! So thanks everyone and please learn from my mistake. I hope everyone has a good rest of the day!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14622 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:34 PM »
Accidents happen every day because of a lapse
In judgment. Hang in there OS and get things healed. We are all on your team.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14623 on: Jan 21, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Double post, fat fingers

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14624 on: Jan 21, 2019, 06:59 PM »
A chilly Good Evening, Everybody

The wind has been howling all day, nothing less than 30 mph, flags are standing straight out, wind chills in the minus single digits, if the wind would just stop, ice could be made

O.S. - If all that was lost was a fingertip, the good luck angels were with you this time, lesson learned-yup, ever do it again- not on anyone's life, glad that it wasn't worse, good
     luck with therapy

Mason-Mrs. W.W. - Rain averages per month are supposed to be 3.75 - 4.00 inches, 47.1 inches for the year -- snow, 5 month season( 11-12-01-02-03) 8.7 days of snow per
     month, 16.5 inches for the season, I 've seen those numbers get shot to poo with one good storm, always the way

45 - Make sure to thank the wife, falling down, especially now with this weather isn't good for the bones

Mrs. W.W. - Glad you both are safe at home, & the seminars gave some new things to try, good luck trying them, careful with the snow, don't overdo it

I.F.F. - Good looking rig, have fun with it

T.T. - The dog must like being outside, if she wanders

H2L - It just takes time to get things right, had the same problems with Melisa after her first kidney transplant, she was taking over 20 pills daily to fight rejection and
     illness before she came home from the hospital, then the house needed to be sanitized, her cousin had a fish tank that had to go, if you were sick, no visiting, endless
     list, it will get better, thoughts & prayers

W.S. - How is the back today?

Spent 5 hrs. outside today playing with porch lights for 1 customer, couldn't wait till spring, she was in amazement that I got it done in 1 visit, 'when dressed properly, work
     can be done in any kind of weather, except rain'
Back to painting for the rest of the week, till the job is done, trim work now so no need to climb scaffolding for high work

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14625 on: Jan 21, 2019, 07:32 PM »
OldSailor no need to kick you when your feeling down .Glad things are not worse .
Capt. Jim not the day to be working outside hope you received a nice tip from the home owner.

Have a pleasant evening.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14626 on: Jan 22, 2019, 01:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Steady NW winds continue to howl this am in the upper 20mph range, gusts to 39. -2* at the moment warming up to 23 here today.

Capt.Jim...thanks for the info, interesting #’s especially the snow average. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you finishing up on the painting... :thumbsup:
  Mike...X2 on Marvs reply. The main thing now is healing up...we’ll be pulling for you mister!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...had some issues with the doors and windows on my truck freezing up as well. Crossing fingers that won’t be a problem this am.
  Tom...I think the way things are now with the road crew has more to do with getting the job done with the least amount of OT possible. Not having a wing man on board in the trucks is probably the biggest problem...budget cuts.
  H2...glad your wife was feeling better, hoping they can zero in on that problem and get her home soon. Best wishes sent to you both.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...miserable weather conditions for the snow removal, hope it went well for you yesterday. Glad you were able to make it in your driveway....4wd is a blessing sometimes!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...great idea on the mailbox, might have to copy that come Spring time! Hope you didn’t aggravate your shoulder with the snow removal.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...continued success on your back problems, hope today is a good day! Got to get you mended up so we can hear some more fishing adventures mister!   :thumbsup:

Back to the terrazzo again this am, at least it’s inside! My son Mike had to work on an emergency job on a lock yesterday on the Hudson River. They did 15 minute shifts outside then warm up, repeat. Brutal...told me they’d be finished up early today...hoping so, this weather is nothing to mess with.
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14627 on: Jan 22, 2019, 03:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's -10 and calm here on my hill, a warm up is on it's way. ::)
                               Eddie.........My shoulder feels fine, it's other parts of my body hurts this morning, I wet out at 7:30 yesterday morning and worked
                   on a steady pace to get everything cleaned up, at 1 pm. My wife gave me a small electric snow blower to clear my back deck. It is only suppose to
                   blow snow 10" or less, but I worked it and cleared about 26". :flex:
                               Wally........That's a lot of snow to drive through, it must been rough cleaning up with the wind blowing like it was. ??? I'm glad the show
                   was good. :thumbsup:
                               Steve........It's just MW and his wife doing snow removal this year, he told me last night that they started Saturday and was out for 25 hrs.
                  Then yesterday another 11 hrs. :cookoo:
                               Bud.........That's a nice looking rig you have. :thumbsup:
                               Tom.........I agree with Eddie, back in the day there use to be 2 to a trck now the cut it to one which puts everyone at risk. :o
                               Marv........I'm glad that things are working to get your back problem solved or at least less pain. :flex:
                               Not much going on here today, I'm going to rest my sore muscles.
                               I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14628 on: Jan 22, 2019, 04:55 AM »
Good morning  Eddie,Ice Wanderer,
    10 above with a wind chill of minus 1 high in the mid twenties later today . Things warm up tomorrow with forecasted high of forty and rain arriving in the afternoon probably change to a Wintry mix as temperatures drop toward evening hours.
Eddie I'm still not able to open front door on passenger side of my vehicle. I was out shopping yesterday afternoon and stopped at one of the local fast food places to pick up my dinner. When I pull into a parking I see an employee trying to help a young lady get open the doors on her Jeep CJ
could not do it turned out the young lady was a coworker. When I was leaving a gentlemen I assume was her father had arrived and was trying to spray Prestone deicer into to gap between door and body of the Jeep. I agree with one man driving the plow truck and working the main and wing plow more chance of the wing plow hitting something like a mail box.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your shoulder is not throbbing with pain from snow clearing. Both snow blowers I've owned were small units one electric the other a 5 horse power two cycle gas engine. In snow over 12 inches deep you had to tip the front of machines upward and blow the snow in layers. I hope Mealworm and his spouse take frequent brakes while plowing accidents more prone to happen when you are tried.

Have a good day I will check back later to see what everyone ihas posted.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14629 on: Jan 22, 2019, 05:01 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning Everyone :bow:

12 degrees heading to 16 later today with light snow. We have some colder air coming to pay a visit tomorrow through the weekend.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good day with the terrazzo :thumbsup: Hats off to Mike for what had-has to be a real gut check working on the lock, hope all went well with the fix.

IW hope you can get limbered up. Heat pad may be your friend.

WW hope the snow removal went well for you. You maybe need a day on the couch too ???

My back is feeling better every day, I think the Meds have a lot to do with it. I am still doing the stretching and using  ice periodically throughout the day. Not sure about the fishing yet Eddie, may need a few days tinkering in the garage first. Thursday through Saturday sounds to be good stove stoking weather.

Good morning mr.clean!

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14630 on: Jan 22, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....we've all had moments of brain farts when we did things we knew we shouldn't do  :whistle:   :-[    just concentrate on the healing now   ;)

WS.....funny how those super cold days to get out aren't as tempting as they used to be, retirement makes it pretty easy to become a fair weather fisherman   :woot: :icefish:

IW.....good thing these big snowfall storms only pass thru once in awhile and not everyday, lot of work moving it all  ;D 

CapJ.....nice work getting the outside job taken care of in less than ideal conditions  :flex: :thumbsup:  hope the rest of your week is easier  ;D

H2L....hoping MrsH2L is continuing to feel better and will be back home soon  :) 

Eddie.....frozen doors and locks  :%$#!: :nono: >:(  sorry to hear your son was stuck working outside  :(  hope he was able to warm up at the end of the day  ;)

Heading to camp for snow removal today, weatherman says a warm up with some rain coming tomorrow  :wacko: :cookoo: hoping it settles the snow on the lakes a little  ;)  not good for snow covered roofs tho  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14631 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Good Morning. -11 this morning but the wind is gone.

Daughters car wouldn't start yesterday so ended up taking her BF to work yesterday PM and the daughter in at 5:30 this morning. It was just too cold and windy to mess with yesterday.

Heard that the guy that died out on the lake on Friday had just gotten the sled that day. Lots of pressure ridges out there with the lake dropping almost 2 feet a week.

They are putting a drain tube back into the wife's old lung this morning. We are sure she will be in NYC until next week. She did sound better today. She is tired all the time but is sure it is the meds.
Daughter saw a red squirrel in the garage yesterday so have to set a trap to see if I can move it up to my nephews...lol They drive his dog nuts.

OS, glad you are on the mend. We can all learn something from your ordeal. I know I will use more caution..
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14632 on: Jan 22, 2019, 08:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Got a reply from the Dr.  He has ordered a different Med, will see if I can pick it up on way to work this morning.  Blizzard conditions to deal with  this morning.  with the little snow covered patches on the ice it does real well, I don't try to go too fast, with feet off the peddles, like having out riggers  ::)  ;D and just baby the throttle on and off.  Come to think it just means I can take a lot more stuff than I need  :whistle:  ;D 

Need to clear the drive so Mrs can get the car out for her drive to a hair appointment.  Coffees on

Got told there is now a target date to open the store......June 3rd  :unsure: :woot:

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14633 on: Jan 22, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 5 degrees here this morning. Has anyone seen the thing on Fox News where the eagle stole someone’s fish on little Sebago Lake?

OS glad your on the mend.

IFF I hope your wife feels better with the new meds.

Hunts 2 long, i’m Sorry to hear about your wife needing a tube placed in her old lung. Prayers sent.

Whopper stopper glad your back is feeling better.

I did thank my wife. She’s always coming up with ideas to help me. She’s going to contact the lawyer and see how I can start the surgery I need. On a new medication for the headaches which isn’t helping at all.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14634 on: Jan 22, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Good Evening, All, Good Evening

No wind at all today, Temps. got to 30*, just enough to keep the ice formed, but warm enough to feel like a heat wave

I.F.F. - What is the charge time for the bike battery? - June 3rd?, are they rebuilding the store?

H2L - Reds do more damage than grays, a lot nastier, too - a lot of people had starting problems yesterday here, AAA was very busy - thoughts & prayers for the 'boss'

Mrs. W.W. - Thursday is supposed to be the BIG rain day here, great, just what we need, so much water in the ground now that 1/4 in. of rain floods the back yard, ppbbtt

I.W. - My mailbox has 2 kinds of protection, when it was set into the ground-next to a tree, I set it back a bit, & placed a concrete filled lolly column just in front of it, works

Clean - A cheap trick for the suv doors-a thin layer of Vaseline on the rubber gaskets should help in opening on those wet, freezing days, or close the door on a piece of doubled
     over saran wrap, I've done both

W.S. - Glad to hear the back is feeling better

Mason - Yesterday was not a day for outside work, especially on a river lock, he must have been frozen by jobs end

T.T. - Mail came today, how did you come by that?

It's a good thing I have those knee supports to use for all the crawling to be done painting the floor base, my back is a little stiff, but, no leg aches, &, actually, I feel pretty
    good for all that got done today, back to the same grind tomorrow

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14635 on: Jan 23, 2019, 01:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just a slight breeze and 11* this am, high of 35 with some rain coming in this afternoon.

Capt.Jim....agréé 100%, I sent him several texts throughout the day checking up on him and his crew. Good news is, they finished up early yesterday and everyone came through it with no injuries or frostbite.  :clap: :thumbsup: 
  I-45...hope you get some good news on the surgery, hang in there buddy!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...how much snow did you end up with? Good news on the new store... :thumbsup:
  H2...such sad news on that guy with the snowmobile, man. Best wishes sent to your wife, good luck with the trapping!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...at least the weather was a little better yesterday, hope the snow removal went ok. This rain coming should help knock some of the snow down.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad to read the new meds are helping, excellent!  :clap:  Sounds  like some frigid weather coming your way?
  Jeff....hope you’re feeling better today, I’m sure you had quite the workout with your snow removal up there.

The County workers came by yesterday afternoon and replaced my mailbox and post....not a temporary, they used a post hole digger and set it in the ground. Let’s see how long this one make it...lol.
  Short on time, jackhammers begin at 4 again this am.....cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing !

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14636 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:44 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                 It's 14* and cloudy onmy hill this morning, snow and sleet and maybe freezing rain is in the forecast. ::)
                                 Eddie........I feel for your son, when I worked we had a few emergency jobs that the weather conditions
                       weren't fit for man nor beast;  :cookoo: One was on the shore of the Hudson River during a hurricane. :woot:
                       You must have a good county supervisor, up here they won't do diddly for you. :whistle:
                                 Capt.Jim........I've seen all kinds of mail box mountings, one guy has his mounted on a pipe inside of another
                       pipe with a garage spring attached to the back of it then to a steel post behind that so when it gets hit it springs back
                       in place. ::)
                                 Marv.......I took your advice and usex a heating pad, it helped a lot. Thanks. :flex:
                                 Wally......I guess we're lucky that we don't get snows like that all the time, not like the people get those lake
                      effect snows. ::)
                                 Steve.....Capt.Jim has a couple of good suggestions in keeping car doors from freezing. :thumbsup:
                                 I have a couple of appointments today at the VA for my up coming surgery, one with the anesthesiologist, the Dr.
                      and with the surgical coordinator with pre op instructions, like what meds I have to stop taking 5 days before the surgery.
                                 I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14637 on: Jan 23, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+10 this morning with a high of 20.  Tomorrow the temps drop and the wind rolls in. The next week looks cold with no warm ups for awhile.

Eddie glad Mike made it through with no problems :thumbsup: Good going on the mailbox post, you must have gotten the message across :clap: :clap:

IW glad the heating pad helped, they have been telling me cold for nerves and heat for muscles. Good luck at the VA today :thumbsup:

WW hope snow removal went well at hunting camp :thumbsup: Any signs of mice ??? My traps have been fairly active right along, I didn't realize there were that many mice around.

h2l hope your wife is doing better today :thumbsup:

I am heading back to the Chiropractor this morning, with any luck it could be my last visit. My rheumatologist had wanted me to go to physical therapy for my arthritis. I told her that I had no interest in going, but if she had some exercises in mind I have no problem doing them at home. I have a Bowflex that we bought 15 years ago that for my needs is perfect for what she wants me to do. Long story short she handed me a book to sort through.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14638 on: Jan 23, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....hope the new meds clear that leg up in no time  :)  guess Gander jumped the gun on hiring for your store  :blink:

CapJ....weatherman says 1" of rain tonight  :wacko:  glad to hear the knees/legs are holding up to the "ground" work  :thumbsup:

H2L....fingers crossed the docs get MrsH2L fixed up for good this go round  ;)  poor Scout must be getting confused by all the coming and going  :(

IW.....good luck with all the pre-op visits today  ;)  glad the heat help  :thumbsup:

WS.....hope the Chiropractor cuts you loose after this trip  ;)2  go slow with the exercises, don't want to move backwards on your recovery  :nono: :whistle:

Eddie......your town is very generous, can't imagine getting an apology much less a new mailbox around here  ::)  glad your son finished up the emergency job w/o incident  :flex: :thumbsup:

IF45.....good luck with the lawyer and getting your surgery moving along  ;)

TT......hope all is well and your power has stayed on  :)

MrC.....hope yesterday's "warm up" thawed your doors  ;)2  now rain/snow/freezing rain for a couple days then back below zero by the weekend  :wacko:  :%$#!:

Not much planned today, some mixed precip called for so kind of laying low till it passes  ;)  MrWW has some work to do on the snowmobile trailer, guessing I'll be called in to assist before all's said and done  :woot: :flex:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14639 on: Jan 23, 2019, 07:16 AM »
WS.....hope the Chiropractor cuts you loose after this trip  ;)2  go slow with the exercises, don't want to move backwards on your recovery  :nono: :whistle:

Yes Mrs Cleaver.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.