Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631446 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14700 on: Jan 28, 2019, 04:57 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before we pack up and head out  :thumbsup: :icefish:  Figured it best to get a day on the ice in BEFORE the next round of snow hits tonight followed by the cold spell starting Wednesday  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14701 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Good morning to all 945ers!!!!
Eddie... man o man... what a day you had!!! I always tell my boys that we dont measure success by catching or killing but by the experience of simply enjoying mother nature!!! BUT... CATCHING SURE DOES MAKE IT A LITTLE SWEETER!!!!!! Super congrats and those pictures sure are awesome!!!!!!!!
Clean..change isnt always welcomed! But maybe with the new washers and dryers clothes will take less time to was and dry? But man an up charge of $1 seems to he a big increase all at once.. glad I have my own machines and dont have to worry about that.  Something I take for granted!!!
O.S. how is the hand doing?? Hoping it's coming along ok!
Iw.. cleaning out the snow sometimes can be a difficult chore!
W.W. good luck in the ice.. stay safe
Soo.. my weekend..  fished Saturday a.m.  Saturday night and Sunday a.m... still yet to ice a legal eye..but I'm getting closer!  Tried several different spots and saw where I'd like to be for the next trip.. yesterdays trip was the best one of the year so far... between 8 and 9 insaw a ton of fish on the flasher.. missed a couple bites and hooked up with a HEAVY eye off a dead stick bite.. got her half way up and the hook pulled :%$#!: but..it was alot of fun.. decided I'm running back up again tonight after work.. I set the trip meter Friday after work just to see how many miles I traveled this weekend.. looking like after today I'll be close to 500..but well worth it.
Daughter won both soccer games and she scored her first goal(and I missed it... gggrrrrrr)
Son had a rough day on the mat again.. double elimination.. he got pinned first two matches.. this has been a great year for learning for him. He was in better spirits about the losses than he has been in the past..
Well folks.. time to get to work... have a great day all

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14702 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:34 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

4 degrees, the snow is tapering off and should be gone by 10am. We got 5" so far but another inch is expected. I just scraped the slab which created about a 3 ft ridge so I got on the blower and gave things a rough once over. There is a crazy amount of school closings, the biggest reason is because of the winds that are expected to kick in.

I have a couple things to so then I am bringing the wife to the bus.

I will check in later, stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14703 on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:55 AM »
+1 this morning. Temps are guessed to warm up as the day goes on Not much snow so far. It is not going to add up that much as it is that crystalline stuff. Seems to be blowing around on the deck with the 20 mph winds. No need to go any where today. Most schools are closed here. Even a lot of DRs offices connected to one hospital are closed.

Eddie great pictures. Nice bunch of fish. It is good to put a face to a name. I am sure your son is a spitting image of you when you were his age.

IW We have a lot of hard water around here that adds to the build up. We had a plumber the put all of his water lines on a down slope to drain valves in the crawl space or basement. He flagged the drain valves to open so the whole system would drain by opening all of the faucets with out blowing the lines. Some antifreeze in the traps and toilets and walk away. We had a house totally freeze up when the heat went off that was not winterized. Luckily the well was shut off. Broke most of the pipes. Talk about fun to try and get a 40 gallon water heater out of the house that was frozen solid.

The wife finally scheduled her knee to be replaced at an appointment in December. The first opening to get it done is May 2nd. So much for me doing much turkey hunting this spring. She should have had it done a long time ago. She has had a bunch of injections of some gel to put it off. I have had the boards cut to make a ramp for over a year. The doctor that is going to do it is real good just too arrogant for my liking.

The wife is feeding the dogs so I better get my heavy lcothes on so I can help the dog back in the house if I need to.

Every one have a good day.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14704 on: Jan 28, 2019, 07:04 AM »
-3 and clear this morning.
WW hope you have a good day on the ice. Be safe.
Bowled pretty good last night. All 3 games over my avg. but not by much. We took all 4 points. We decided to make up the bowling we missed last week on Super Bowl Sunday. Going to bowl at 2pm so will be home in time for the game.
We got 2/3 inches of snow yesterday, more on the way.

Wife had a good night. Can't have anything to eat this morning as they are going into the lung for a "look".
As much as I want her home, I am hoping they don't want to discharge her on Tuesday with 8/10 inches of snow in the forecast. Don't think the drive would be fun. Just have to wait and see.

New hot water heater to be installed today. Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline bpdeer57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14705 on: Jan 28, 2019, 08:52 AM »
I went out yesterday on Harriman in Wilmington, 20 inches of ice!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14706 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:05 AM »
Good Morning ER's not as much snow as predicted but it is still coming down. Nice 18 here now but by wed could be ----  WW good luck to you and Mr. WW today. Thanks WS for posting Eddie and Mikes outing pic nice fish and wow what a view and glass ice to boot. H2L good the bowling went well. Bud we got a fat tire bike race this weekend here on the lakes if your leg is 100%  Have a good day

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14707 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Good morning again everyone :bow:

+3 with about a -15 windchill. We ended up with 6.5" of pure fluff which is just fine with me. I will need to blow a couple more times if the wind gets going like they claim. I restocked the living room with wood so I won't need to visit the outdoor pile for a couple of days

My wife is planning on taking Wednesday off as that's when they are calling for -50 windchills. She has already mentioned cribbage ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14708 on: Jan 28, 2019, 10:43 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Wife and I stayed up late watching TV and me giving her a head rub. ::) Life is sure different now that I'm retired! Thanks to all who have asked/commented on my hand. I have clinical therapy today and will get to see my hand's progress. Not a pretty sight with "Stumpy" and "Pinkie", but the middle finger looks great due to just having a bad dislocation. It's just a long process and I should know more after I see my orthopedist in a week or so. I've been driving and just need to watch how I use my hand!! Thanks to all and have a blessed day!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14709 on: Jan 28, 2019, 01:13 PM »
WS it is hard to tell how much snow we have gotten. I just got in from checking the neighbors house and clearing the roof around the vent for the gas water heater.

The guy next door spent  a few years in Fairbanks AK in the AF. He picked the right time to take a weeks vacation in TX so he would not have to experience the wind chills he had in AK. At least the -40 wind chills on Wed. He is the second husband of the gal next door and a huge improvement over her former husband.

The wife said the water heater was out so I tried lighting it. The pilot lit but it would not ignite. I looked at the vent in the roof and it was almost totally covered with snow. My avalanche snow remover made quick work out of solving that problem from an 8 foot ladder. I will see if that  solves the problem shortly.

I think it is your left had that you hurt. NO way could you fasten the seat belt on the drivers side in our Escape as I can hardly get a hold of the belt with there being little room between the seat and the door pillar with a good left hand. She got a set of seat belt extender in the mail yesterday. they take the pressure off of your neck from the belt. They also shut off the seat belt buzzer. :)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14710 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Evening ER's!! Therapy went well and I got some more stitches removed!! Left hand gets in the way driving, but I'm learning to compensate. We found a young cat at the animal shelter and will bring him home on Wednesday after neutering and shots. We named him Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf for short! I hope everyone has a good evening!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14711 on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Didn't go to work today, set the alarm so I would be up in plenty of time to be there at 7:45, then thought hey wait a minute thinking I should be in at 10.  Rolled over and went back to sleep, go up at 8:00 thinking I would leave a little early to make it in by 10.  Then phone rings, work checking on me.  I was scheduled for 7:45.....oops, then got told hold off, there were 3 in the retail store, but no one showed in the Sales, or Service departments.  Highways were a mess.  Forecast was for 1", I got 8" to clear from my walks and deck.  One that called said call back at 11:00 or just take the day off.  He said his 35 minute drive amounted to 2.5 hrs.  Think the foothills got 1.5' and drifts with the high winds.

So with that got the deck blown off with the leaf blower, then snow blower for the rest.  Had a couple things to pick up at the grocery store, and remembered Mrs. needed to renew her drivers license, that would be due February 8th and would have to go in because of being over age 65.  Otherwise could be renewed for 5 years.  Best part of today is the temps never got over 21* which is fine with me.  Even though its that cold main streets are already dry and dusty.

Will go in tomorrow and tell them I will be missing Wednesday and Thursday, what with the ice should stay fish-able  :icefish: for the rest of this week. :clap: :clap: I think I will be after those jumbo perch they were nailing over the last weekend.  8 guys and all limited  :woot:

OS good going, keep it up.

Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14712 on: Jan 28, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Good Evening, good evening, Everybody

Stayed just below freezing all day, but not enough breeze to make it bone chilling, starting Tuesday nite thru Thursday is a different story

O.S. - Good to hear more thread being removed, was 'pinkie' mashed up bad at the start, or, just a lot of broken bones for the 'pin' insert?

I.F.F. - If work doesn't need you, fish while you have the time, you have till what, June 3rd ?

Mrs. W.W. - Did you fish today?

W.S. - With this cold blast coming in, is that enough wood to last till the weekend?

H2L - WTG with 4 points at bowling, how did the 'boss' make out with the procedure ? - Thoughts, prayers, best wishes

T.T. - Good Luck to the missus with her knee work when it gets here

Dr's appt. today at the urologist not what I expected - Had a bladder scan done back early Dec., results show a cyst in the bladder & some kidney stones, great, had to make an
     appt. for a bladder scope at the out patient surgery center for Mar. 12, now have to get bloodwork, ekg, x-ray, prime dr. clearance, & god knows what else, never a break, or,
     a dull moment

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14713 on: Jan 28, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Good evening/night gang,

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for my daughters the past 2 weeks. The little one's pool party went well. She invited 21 kids and 20 showed up! It was kind of chaotic but it went off without a hitch and they all had fun. After that we headed to Binghamton for the older daughter's field hockey games. Her team played very well both games but my daughter looked kind of flat for the first half of the first game. Then she broke away and scored a goal and that woke her up for the rest of the time and she played awesome! Her team won both games and the second game was against the best team in the league. After we got home we had lasagna that the little one requested I make for her bday dinner (had it in the oven with the timer set to start while we were gone) and then had our neighbors down for pie (nobody likes cake in my house so we do birthday pies). As a bonus, we had already invited the neighbor's daughter to spend the night with our little one. They have become best friends since we moved in 8 years ago and we have become very close friends with the whole family. It was a great day but very exhausting. We just took it easy and recuperated on Sunday.

Also, thank you to everyone for all of the support and kind words during the gov't shutdown. It makes it easier to go to work under those circumstances knowing that people actually appreciate it!

Glad to hear and see about the fishing trips! WW, hope you got out today. Eddie, glad you and your son had an EPIC trip... and kudos to IW for the assist!

IFF, TT, and WS, hope you get dug out from however much snow you end up with. Stay warm and be safe! It's headed here tomorrow afternoon  :-\

OS, Capt, H2l,.and any others I've missed... hope you and/or your family members get healed up and feeling better soon!

Off to bed for me. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Stay safe and good luck to those going out!  :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14714 on: Jan 29, 2019, 02:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  7* and calm winds this am, high of 31 today with snow coming in. Looks my area is teetering on the 3-6, 8-12’’ line...safe to say, 3-12’’ expected!   ;D. Wondering what the Vegas bookmakers would have the odds on my mailbox surviving this round? 3 to 5 maybe?   :roflmao:

Jeff...looks like the southern Adirondacks are right in the path of the heavier amounts, be careful with the snow removal. I’m sure MW and his wife will be logging in some hours again plowing...hope all the equipment holds up well for them.   :thumbsup: 
  John...Thank You, and you’re so right on teaching your boys about enjoying the experiences of each trip outdoors! Hope you found that honey hole yesterday! Congratulations to your daughter on her first goal, and your son for his sportsmanship, awesome!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...watching the news last night, they mentioned wind chill factors put that way at -60* possible, wow! Glad Jo is taking the day off...a nice warm fire and a cribbage marathon sounds like a better plan.  :thumbsup:  That wood pile looks to darn nice to burn... ;D...stay warm and keep the faucets dripping!
  Wally...will be looking for your report at break today, hope you and Mr,WW had a great trip!    :thumbsup:
  Tom...Thank You, lol, yes Mikes a lot like I was his age....but he’s better...I’ll leave it right there!   ;D  Hope clearing the vent helped the water heater problem!   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats on sweeping all the points, are you guys in 1st now?   :clap:  Hope all went well with yesterday’s procedure, best wishes sent on a release day after this storm!    :thumbsup:
  OS...excellent news on your hand, be careful with the driving mister! Congratulations on the new addition to the family...hope we get to see a picture of Gandalf soon!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...enjoy the fishing, work will always be there! Best of luck with those slob perch!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Capt.J....sorry to read that about the scan. Best wishes sent to you this am Sir on getting that under control.  :thumbsup:
  DFF...sounds a great time had by all at the B’day party!!  Congratulations to your daughter on her goal and the team winning both games, sometimes that’s all it takes to boost the entire squad, awesome!  :clap:   Liking that pie instead of cake idea....will suggest that one to the Mrs.   ;D

We’ve got an inside pour with the grey stuff again today, new raised floor for a sizable lunchroom...20yds I believe, should go pretty simple with all the hands on deck.
  Time to get ready for 8 more...cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14715 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:11 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 10* and calm here on my hill, snow is on it's way, the guessers have said up to 18" but then revised it this morning down
                12". Well they are just guessers......right. ::)
                        Marv.........You sure are prepared for the Arctic Blast, good job. You and Jo do cribbage and Donna and I do Yahtzee. :whistle:
                        John.........Congrats to your daughter on her goal, :flex: and I'm sorry that you son had a bad time at his matches. :(
                        H2l...........You had to have a leaky water heater, I went down in my basement last night and my water heater is leaking, :%$#!: I;m going
                to get one this morning and replace it. Since I have a boiler my water heater is a separate tank with a coil in it that water from the boiler
                circulates through to heat up the water. They are a little pricey, oh well such is life.  :blink:
                        Tom..........The Avalanche roof cleaner, is that the one with a piece of plastic on a pole and you slide the unit up the roof and the snow slides
                down the plastic? ???
                        OS...........Sounds like you're healing just fine, I still shudder just thinking about the accident. :blink:
                        Wally........We're waiting for the report from yesterday, I bet it going to be a good one! :thumbsup:
                        Capt.Jim.....News like that is not what you want to hear, I;m sure that everything will be fine after your procedure, I know about all the test you
                are going through before the procedure. ::)
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14716 on: Jan 29, 2019, 05:27 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-8 which is already the high for the day dropping to -25 tonight with a stiff NW wind. They claim the windchill will be the lowest it's been in 23 years at close to -50 here. Many of the schools are already closed until Thursday morning with hundreds of other activities being cancelled. The weather people certainly have things stirred up this time . The crazy thing is by Saturday they are saying a good shot at +40 ???

Eddie good luck with the pour, I also am interested in how WW and Mr WW did on the ice yesterday. The wife is already excited about our upcoming cribbage games, I am glad she is taking the day off.

IW hope you don't get dumped on to hard with the snow, slow and easy with the heating on stand bye :thumbsup:

Capt.J My indoor wood pile will only be good for a little over 2 days, I will need more by the Thursday. Good luck to you with your upcoming Dr visits :thumbsup:

I  have a couple things to do then off to the bus stop.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14717 on: Jan 29, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ.....sorry to hear of your test results  :(  hope you can get things cleared up quickly and have a speedy recovery  ;)

IW.....hope your snow totals stay on the low side of the guesses  :)  sorry to hear about the water heater  :%$#!:

TT.....fingers crossed you fixed your water heater problem  ;) 

H2L....seems you started a domino effect on water heaters sir  ;D  hope it's ended now  ;D :woot:  safe travels if you're heading to the city  :)

IFF.....when in doubt, go fishing  :icefish:  remember  a bad day on the water beats a good day at work everytime ;)2

WS.....hope your wood pile isn't too far from the house, bundle up when you need to replenish that stockpile, won't take long to frostbite at -50  :nono: safe travels to and from the bus stop  ;)

Eddie....maybe your plow driver will be more aware of your mailbox this go round after your surprise visit last time  :woot: safe travels heading home this afternoon could be slick by then  ::)

Deere.....hope the back pay check comes thru quickly  ;)  fingers crossed the powers that be find another way to solve their differences next time  ::)

OS.....glad the hand is healing ok  :thumbsup:

Yesterday's trip wasn't too bad, ended with 1 16" eye and a dozen perch  :tipup:  lots of small perch, a couple short eyes and a 26" pike  ;D definitely slower than the last trip but still a decent day, sunny and a bit chilly, cozy in the shanty with the heater on low  ;)2  and nothing broke or quit working this time so  :thumbsup:  perfect end to the day was the crock pot full of chili I threw together in the morning  :clap:   

Snow and wind has already started here, temps start dropping this afternoon (nothing near as bad as WS tho) bitter cold and windy the remainder of the week then by Sunday we're back to rain  :wacko: :cookoo: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe and warm.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14718 on: Jan 29, 2019, 06:52 AM »
14 and snow.
All went well with the wife. Glad (don't tell her) that I don't have to go down there today. It wouldn't be fun.
WW, glad you had a good day on the ice. The sun and no wind made it a very nice day.
IW, sorry about the hot water heater. The guys that replaced mine had 2 others to do yesterday and my brother said he went and checked his last night.
Not a lot planned for today, get some house work done and watch it snow.
Have a good one and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14719 on: Jan 29, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Good Morning ER's nice outing WW. Bud 8 people on limit sounds like the right time post pic if you have time. IW good luck on the new water heater. Deerfishy nice to read your post. OS hope your healing continues. Marv we got closings like you too for 2 days and also have windchills expected between -55 and -60 on wed. Good news is I got the pipe open again and added some insulation at the cold area. I'll be crossing finger for the next 48 to 72 hours hoping no more pipe issues. Stay safe and have fun. oops forgot to say hope your stuff goes well capt. J

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14720 on: Jan 29, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Old Goat, problem is I think the last update did away with what is needed to have the post image button. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: I had it back for a short time, and now can't recover back to the needed date in December.  Of course they did that while I was out of state  :(
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14721 on: Jan 29, 2019, 11:48 AM »
Good day ER's!! Our temp is 15 with below 0 wind chills. We've got some of the Siberian Express down this way!! We also have snow flurries today! Good day to put another pot of coffee on and get ready for our new addition tomorrow. We've got everything we need except kitten food and treats. Capt.Jim, the pinkie looked like a drunk with a fillet knife had been practicing on it! Nuff said!!  :sick: I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and stay warm!! Coffee's on!!!!  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14722 on: Jan 29, 2019, 02:27 PM »
OS.....congrats on the new family member   :thumbsup: :clap:  hope Gandolf makes the adjustment to new his new home quickly  ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14723 on: Jan 30, 2019, 04:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 13* and it stopped snowing here on my hill, I measured 12" at 8 PM last night, and it was still snowing. ::)
                             OS...........I hope Gandolf gives you many hours of pleasure, cats have a personality of their own, our cat doesn't like small things on tables or
                    counter top. :whistle:
                            Wally.........You guys did well on you fishing trip :thumbsup: Things generally go in 3's, I hope no one else has water heater problems. ::)
                            H2L..........I got a new water heater yesterday morning, boy the price sure went up, it was almost $1000 for the heater ???, I think I paid $600
                    for one 15 years ago. the problem I had was the old one the domestic supply, cold water in was on the bottom. The new unit it was on the top. So I
                    had to do some re plumbing. The guy at the supply asked if I needed unions to cut pipe so I can put it back together, but I installed them when I first
                    installed it. Most plumbers don't put them in on the initial installation because the get more $$$$ to replace one. :o
                            Marv........Stay warm today, good luck with the cribbage matches. :blink:
                            DFF.........Maybe the new bill will be passed that prohibits shutdowns to get things passed. But then there would nothing to bargain with. Maybe
                    the new bill should to withhold the Congress and Senates pay until they pass things! :o
                            Snow removal is the word for today, I'm going to teach my wife this morning how to snow blow my driveway, so when I have my surgery next week
                    she can do it on her own.
                            I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out if you dare to be.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14724 on: Jan 30, 2019, 04:49 AM »
11 degrees clear. Looks like about 10 inches of new stuff.
IW, that is about what I paid for the new hot water heater and I know it won't last 20 years like the old one did.
My nephew stopped on his way home at midnight and plowed out the end of the driveway. Just got the rest blown out so daughter can get to work. Will do the clean up after the sun gets up. I am running out of places to put it. Also have to get a path blown out so I can blow off the deck. That may be tough. Still have to clean off the cars.

Time for a cup of coffee...Have a good day...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14725 on: Jan 30, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Good morning IW, h2l! Good morning everyone :bow:

-28 with a -52 winchill.

Today is garbage day so I have to roll the can out in a few minutes. I usually take it out the night before but I coouldn't because of the wind last night. Just about everything is closed today, including the post office ???.

IW we ar getting close to needing a new hot water heater. Ours is making a lot noise but so far it is working.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/29/xcel-thousands-in-twin-cities-without-power-during-dangerous-cold-snap/

Thousands were without power last night due to the cold, that has to be a bear trying to fix the outages, let alone those without power. Prayers sent out to all the emergency response people that need to deal with the cold, and anyone that has to be out in these temps.The bright side for here is that by Sunday near +40. It certainly helps knowing this is just a bump in the road.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14726 on: Jan 30, 2019, 05:55 AM »
i got -28 on the thermometer this morning. Here in northern Mchenry County Illinois The dogs and i have been out. Not nearly as bad as one time in Fargo. Which was -40 actual temp. Everyone have a good day.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14727 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Morning all,

Dang fellas......that's some serious cold you're dealing with  :o :o  Please be very careful any time you HAVE to go outside  ;)  Fingers crossed no one loses power during this stretch of cold  :-\ 

Have a good day at work or play (or cribbage  ;D)

Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14728 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:17 AM »
it has been a busy few days dealing with the snow. Monday and Tuesday I spent a lot of time getting to know the snow blower better.  The main problem has been that the second stage wanted to freeze up over night even with a heat lamp. The dogs are happy as I blew out the dog run yesterday. I left the cover on the canopy on the deck as it needed to be replaced this spring. On one side the stitching holding it down let loose yesterday so I will have to take it off after the temps warm up a little.

It did not get near as cold last night as was guessed. Only -9 this morning. The southern part of the state is getting the real cold as the will not get the warming from Lake Michigan.

The wife had a frustrating day trying to deal with Social Security. She would get a 15 minute wait and them get disconnected. She was trying to find out what happened to a check from her changing how her SS was figured. It got sent, twice, to a different bank than the one he SS normally goes to. We have to go to a SS office tomorrow to get her account straightened out.

Last week she got up to find her car was reposesed during the night. The lean holder did not credit the one line payment for the Decmeber payment. The money was taken out of her account. No more paying them online, Checks only by mail only. She had to pay two payments to get it out of the repo lot. She is way ahead on payments as there was a payment in the mail when they took it. She had a H of a time making them understand that.

Marv It took me two days to finally get my garbage dumper back from the street from putting it out Sunday night, Blowing snow was more important. Luckily there have been no major power outages around us. The hollow knocking sound you here is me knocking on wood, my hollow wooden head.

Creel The southern part of Michigan is getting your temeratures as the are not getting the warming from Lake Michigan. They keep talking about the little bit of ice along the shores of lake Michigan. I guess they have not looked back on when it was froze all the way across.

H2L I finally got my water heater to light. I cleaned around the roof vent but it looked like there was a down draft from the wind direction that might have been the problem. After the wind died it lit. I take my bloer through the house to get it on my bakc dekas it is 3 feet off of the gound. The snow is clean so no worry about getting the carpet dirty.

Some on asked about my avilanche. Yes that is what I use. After it warms up I am going to clear the snow off of all of the house and maybe the garge. One of these day I will have to replace the chute as it is getting pretty brittle after over 20 years.

Every one stay warm.

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #14729 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Man o' man has it been a LONG time since I showed up here! I hope you guys still know who I am! I've made it out on the ice twice in the last two years combined, and I have to admit that being out the other day sure brought back memories of an 8 year old me (has it really been 10 years?) sitting out there all day catching countless trout in a day. The weather is excellent for making ice right now, as today's high is just 7 degrees, which has already passed. 7 inches and counting on most lakes just a few days ago. Hoping to get out again this Saturday. Spent 6 hours on the ice this past Sunday to catch 4 trout, with the highlight of the past 4 years being this beauty I caught.

:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.