Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607933 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14670 on: Jan 26, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Good afternoon high of thirty today,guessing the colder weather out WS's and TT's way should reach my area by Monday or Tuesday.  I have a new neighbor in my building young fellow in his twenties see how he fits in pretty quite place. I'm more likely to get awoken by the siren at neighboring fire station or early morning garbage pickup.Why do the waste removal companies due 4 AM pickups at residential complexes  ::)
Ice Wanderer looks like you have a new dish to add to  family menu. Good to hear your wife got home safely from Vermont.
Eddie hope you and Mike had a great day fishing . Looking forward to some photos.
Whopper Stopper it seems many athletes are using Yoga as part of their conditioning programs these days I've heard their are movements you can preform while seated in a chair. See Weather Underground is calling for some brutal cold temps. and snow out your way all the best getting through the coming cold and snow.
Wallyworld good to hear trailer repair was an easy fix for Mr.WW and your still on speaking terms. Sorry to hear the outdoor show was not that good . It would be nice if the Ice fishing shows of years past returned to Syracuse. I've visited my local Gander Outdoors and did not find any major difference from when it was Gander Mountain.
Hunts2long may there be no major ice dam on the river that will cause major flooding down stream once it breaks up. may your wife health continue to improve and you make the trip to NYC on Tuesday to bring her home.
Deerefishyfishy happy for you there is a temporary budget in place my thanks for doing  your job obligations during the shut down. To change the lyrics slightly from the Beatles song May congress and the president each to to see it the others way and work it out so we don't see round 2 in February. Oldest daughter's Bday sleep over sounds like typical youth party more late night activity then sleeping. Best to her and her teammates in today's field hockey games. May everyone attending youngest daughter's Bday swim party have a great time.
OldSailor digestive track problems are never fun glad your feeling better. Good to hear your pinkie finger will survive. "Stumpy" will most likely be more sensitive to touch and other things then before the accident as nerves regenerate.
Tom Turkey sad to hear about local couple i have a coworker who lost his parents from carbon monoxide poisoning in that case a snow drift had blocked the furnace exhaust pipe. May you and your neighbors house not suffer major problems during the coming cold weather.
Old Goat may you also come through the minus zero temperatures and snow heading for the Mid-West in good shape.
FishinJohn if made the oneida Lake trip hope you are having a great day of fishing.

Have a safe and pleasant remainder of the day everyone. Best to all fishing this weekend may lake ice conditions not be to bad.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14671 on: Jan 26, 2019, 04:00 PM »
I've visited my local Gander Outdoors and did not find any major difference from when it was Gander Mountain.

Same here mr.clean. It would have been much easier to just change the name on the building and leave everything intact on the inside. Here they added a little camping equipment and a few bicycles, that was about it.

29 people have already been treated for frost bite around the area and it isn't even that cold yet. I wonder if any of them were young people with their pants at half staff ???

WS

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #14672 on: Jan 26, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Same here mr.clean. It would have been much easier to just change the name on the building and leave everything intact on the inside. Here they added a little camping equipment and a few bicycles, that was about it.

29 people have already been treated for frost bite around the area and it isn't even that cold yet. I wonder if any of them were young people with their pants at half staff ???

WS
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: ;)2 :whistle:

My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14673 on: Jan 26, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Marv That is a lot of a snow as 8 and 10 adds up to 18 inches. ;D  We are guessed to get up to 11 inches by Monday. Why are you so willing to share the snow when you did not seem to share the rain you got last summer?

I got all of the suet feeders filled after the birds went to roost so I will not have to do it when the weather gets nasty.

I will check the neighbors house before the storm starts tomorrow. I think I will shut the well of so that it will not keep running if a pipe breaks

H2L Hopefully you can get your wife home before the storm hits.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14674 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:12 PM »
Good evening all!!!!
Ws.. that is some funny stuff about young people having pants at half staff.. I literally was laughing out loud!!!!!!!
Os...  that's not good about bad food.. hopefully you are cleaned out and it's all gone now!!!
Clean.. I did not make the trip.. weather guessers were calling for high accumulations and I decided i didnt want to chance driving in a blizzard and we didnt get a damn flake...
 I've fished a local lake here chautauqua.. last night.  This a.m. and tonight.. every trip been a bust.. been great to be in the ice though!!!!!!!!!!!! Headed back up in the a.m. for one last try.. I packed the 1/4 stick of dynamite so I should be all set!!!! Lol
Have a great night all be safe

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14675 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:40 PM »
Good evening, Whopper Stopper your comment is to funny :roflmao: :roflmao:
Tom Turkey that is a lot of snow to receive over a couple of days . If you shut the neighbors well pump off due hat to open faucets to drain out water form pipes if you have time before the snow flies might to get some non-toxic/RV antifreeze to pour drain plumbing fixture drains to protect the traps also Flush toilets after turning off water supply and pour the antifreeze into the tank don,t forget the bowl.
FishinJohn I understand if the lake effect kicks up Oneida area can see crazy amounts of snow. Glad you were able to get out locally. Just you fishing or did you take the children. May the fishing be better tomorrow.

Steve

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14676 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Good evening, Whopper Stopper your comment is to funny :roflmao: :roflmao:
Tom Turkey that is a lot of snow to receive over a couple of days . If you shut the neighbors well pump off due hat to open faucets to drain out water form pipes if you have time before the snow flies might to get some non-toxic/RV antifreeze to pour drain plumbing fixture drains to protect the traps also Flush toilets after turning off water supply and pour the antifreeze into the tank don,t forget the bowl.
FishinJohn I understand if the lake effect kicks up Oneida area can see crazy amounts of snow. Glad you were able to get out locally. Just you fishing or did you take the children. May the fishing be better tomorrow.

Steve
Clean.. I went solo.. told the kiddos I needed a weekend off with no sports.. feel bad but I need a break!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14677 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:48 PM »
FishinJohn understand think every parent needs some time apart from their children from time to time.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #14678 on: Jan 27, 2019, 03:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm winds and 15* this am, high of 38 today with some snow showers expected this am.

John...best of luck out there today to you Sir, understand 100% where your coming from!  :thumbsup:   Of course,  there’s also those other times coming down the road for you.... ;D

My morning started off a little earlier than I wanted yesterday, around midnight, lol. My oldest dog Cody (14) has been having some bladder troubles, so when he needs out now....he needs out NOW!   ;D
  Plans were to pick up my son Mike at 3:30am, and make the 90 mile ride North to Lake George...figured if I layed back down I’d be in la la land before long and late for the party...so I got an early start and had everything ready to go by 1am...guess I was slightly anxious to hit a new spot on the lake from the help of Jeff!   :bow:
  Pulling into my son Mikes driveway, I saw all his gear ready and then noticed he was trotting down the steps of his sidewalk before I even came to a stop....he was even more excited than I was and couldn’t wait to be northbound and down! It was going to be a great trip no matter what...and we had a great non stop conversation for the next hour and a half on pretty much nothing but spending a well deserved day together out on the lake getting away from it all....our time!!  He has 2 children and all the school activities to boot, toppled with a pretty regular 50-60hr. work week, so these times are pretty darn special. He barely slept also he told me.... ;D
  We made it to the spot by 5:45 after a quick stop for bait and last minute essentials at a coffee shop. Slightly worried about the recent 2’ of snow up there and the long difficult drag I figured was waiting, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw barely a trace on the ice with my headlights...glare ice almost everywhere..believe I cussed in a good way....something like freaking A!!   ;D
  Spudded our way out on absolutely clear black ice...could tell the thickness by the cracks and small frozen air bubbles..double checked a few times by chopping through...slightly over 4’’ each time. Won’t deny the pucker factor was high, it was pitch black out while we dragged our gear and the lights from our headsets brought about an unnerving feeling as they lit up the water beneath...it made the heart pump, that’s for damn sure!   ;D
   Hoping to reach an area Jeff mentioned to me, I fell short and called it quits after spudding through a pressure crack covered in snow....almost sent the spud down to the bottom with one shot...we were on top of 120’ of water....good
enough. Set up a safe distance away, got the heater running, drilled some holes for tipups and were ready for the sunrise bite and the beauty of the Adirondack Mtns. to welcome us....it was just so awesome!
  Getting long winded here, so I’ll just say the Laker bite we had was the best we’ve ever had since breaking into this type of fishing a few years ago. Mike caught the first and last fish of the day, as well as the only keeper fish...23 1/2’’.
We both had a double digit day of landing them, and just as many others on that came unbuttoned before getting them through....it was one hell of a great time, so many high fives, and we never had a flag all day, all jigging!!   ;D

Jeff...from my son Mike and myself....Thank You for all the help making a such an incredible memory for us both, it was the best fishing adventure we’ve ever had. It truly was as they say... ‘’EPIC’’....Thank You!    :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Cawfee’ s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14679 on: Jan 27, 2019, 05:25 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 14* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. with a high near 30*. Generally it's colder here than what the guessers propose. ::)
                          Eddie........I should have warned you about the pressure ridges. was it the one between the points that makes up the cove at
                the beach or was there another one? I'm glad you and Mike had a EPIC day, you can see why we fish in that area. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex:
                Lakers are fun to catch when they are hitting like that. :woot:
                          Tom........I surprised that people would leave for the winter and not take precautions to keep their house from freezing up. ::)
                          Steve......I think it's a matter of cars moving in and around apartment complexes, or it's just where they fall in the route that they have. :whistle:
                          John........There is nothing wrong in doing a fish day alone, it's hard on parents to ave to attend every sporting even that their kids are in.
               When my sons were younger and in school, they plaid little league and I stopped on the way home to watch their games. I worked construction
               and generally was sweaty, dirty and tired and it made for even longer days. :%$#!:
                          H2L.........There was a clear and open channel here where the Hudson River is and there wasn't any ice floating down the channel
               either. The chunks either never broke off or they had already gone by. :blink:
                         OS...........I hope your over your bout of food poisoning, never fun. :sick:
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14680 on: Jan 27, 2019, 06:16 AM »
13 and a dusting of snow.
Eddie a great day on the ice with your son. Glad you still get excited. I am sure you slept well last night. All that Adirondack fresh air.

I was washing clothes yesterday, went down to find the hot water heater leaking. Got it shut off and drained yesterday afternoon. They are coming to replace it on Monday. Got 20 years out of the old one, bet I won't get that out of the new one.

Also on the phone yesterday looking for some less expensive car insurance. We must have good rates now because the best I could do was 16 to 46 dollars less a year. TV adds are always saying "save hundreds". Wife usually deals with all that stuff, another reason to miss her.

She was doing good last night when I talked to her. Maybe I should say "she is doing OK". Her room has no window, she is hooked up to a lot of tubes and IV's so can't go for walks around the wing. She wants to see what it is like outside. The last 3 months have been tuff.

Back to bowling tonight. That should be fun having not bowled to two weeks plus no HOT shower before to get loosend up....lol

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14681 on: Jan 27, 2019, 09:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

-8 getting to 0 a little later.

Eddie excellent recap on  your fishing outing :clap: :clap: It sounded like you and mike will be talking about the trip for a long time, thanks for bringing us along :thumbsup:

IW hope you are having a good morning, Eddies story had to get you excited :thumbsup:

TT I will keep you in mind this summer if I get a chance to help you out with some water ;D

WW is the rain event over? Hope the ice is calling your name soon :thumbsup:

I have been busy this morning getting ready for our blast of cold. If the guessers are right the snow should move in around mid afternoon. By midnight the snow event should be done (10"+) and the mighty wind machine will crank up and fire on all cylinders. Tuesday through Friday winds will cause blizzard like conditions on and off, with wind chills  from -25 to Wednesday a crack at -55. I am thinking the guessers are embellishing a little but lf they hit, we will be ready. I put a tarp down next to my woodbox and brought in 2 extra weelbarrow loads of wood to stack next to the stove. 

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14682 on: Jan 27, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Noting like a dash out to get the old dog back on her feet and back in the house at 4*. Especially in your long johns. OOOPS I guess I should be PC. In my base layer. I will have to blow the dog yard after this next storm is over. I will try to blow the droppings over on the vacant lot.

I guess I should have made it clear that the neighbors were only going to be gone for a week. No need to drain the pipes unless we have a power failure. If you are going to be gone even for a short time shutting off the pump will limit the leakage to what is in the tank. A woman I finished a basement for went away for the winter leaving the heat on. She did not shut off the well. The propane tank did not get filled so the heat went off. The basement filled up with water destroying what I had done plus the moisture damaged the rest of the house. Though she had plenty of money she did not spend some to have some one look after the place during the winter.

HL The electric water heater in the house my ex- wife ended up with was there when we bought it back in 1967. Still going strong. I put a shut off switch in the bathroom as it can go a few days with out being run and still have hot water. I used to shut it down every few years and flush out the scale in the bottom by moving it to the drain by taking out the bottom element. Simply opening the drain only cuts a channel through the sediment leaving most of it.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14683 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:05 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....congrats on a fun trip  :thumbsup: :clap: :icefish:  great descriptive post thank you  :bow: 

WS.....batten down the hatches  :flex:  saw on the news you're in for a rough week  :wacko:  rain ended Wednesday night, all snow again  ::)

H2L....good luck on the alley tonight  ;)  hope tomorrow brings good news from NYC  :)

John....everyone needs some "me" time now and again, got to recharge those batteries somehow  :whistle

Looks like Jayden's going to be a nasty one  :%$#!: and we're all going to feel his wrath sooner or later  :o  think we might try to fish tomorrow ahead of his arrival here in the east  :tipup: ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14684 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Good Morning ER's Excellent report Eddie and IW gets the MVP award for sportsmanship. Like WS we made it down to -20 a couple nights ago and round 2 will start soon. Pipes already froze from round 1 time to get a little insulation for reinforcement. Have a great day and stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14685 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Pictures from Eddie's Trip with Son Mike

The first one of the day

Eddies first one

Saying Goodbye

Mikes keeper

Small one before breakfast

Our home for the day

The end of a great trip!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14686 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Excellent pictures Eddie :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again for bringing us along!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14687 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Thank You Marv.... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14688 on: Jan 27, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Great story Eddie! Thanks for taking us along!! I think that's as close to getting out as I'll get this year!!  :icefish:

Edit: And thanks Marv for posting the pics!!!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14689 on: Jan 27, 2019, 11:35 AM »
Thanks  for sharing the fishing trip with us. Great pictures. It has been snowing for most of the morning....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14690 on: Jan 27, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Eddie/WS.....thank you both, excellent job  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :flex:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14691 on: Jan 27, 2019, 04:55 PM »
Greetings fellow 9;45ers sunny, dry day here think thermometer may have reached forty. Things are getting "High-Tec" here at my condo complex new washers/dryers installed in laundry rooms we now have to use a card to operate the machines .You have to load the card with x amount of money of your choice $5 dollar minimum. The cards came loaded with $5 dollars on them. One laundry room has the machine were you can check card balance and add more money to the card. I'm sure some residents will not be happy charge to use machines went from 75 cents to $1.75 .
Eddie great to read you and your son Mike had a good day fishing for lake trout on Lake George. Nice of Ice Wanderer to give your location of area of the lake he usually fishes.
Ice Wanderer sure your happy Eddie and his son had such a good day fishing.
Hunts2long seems like modern day appliances are built so you have to replace them in ten years of less time. Best to you and your team tonight at the bowling alley. I can see why your wife is getting stir crazy you can only watch so much TV and due other things to pass the day being able to look out a walk or walk around and see some different sights makes the day better.
Whopper Stopper may the wood supply last through the coming bitter cold. Due you have a heated garage to keep your vehicles in.can see the Buick or truck not starting in those temperatures. I hope there is some type of shelter at the bus stop or you can park nearby so your wife can be out of the cold and wind while waiting for her bus. Thank you for posting photos from Eddie's trip. Also enjoy the Adam&Eve church sign in the funny signs thread.
Tom Turkey thanks for explaining about your neighbor. You may need to wear a thicker weight base layer when letting your dogs in and out of the house.
Wallyworld best to you and Mr.WW if you get out fishing tomorrow . I will to check the long range weather forecast for my section of NY. I have been using the water jugs I filled for last storm might have to refill a couple of them to be on the safe side.
Old Goat think they sell some type of electric heat wrap you can put around your pipes maybe something to check out besides the pipe insulation.
OldSailor thank you for respecting my comments in the joke thread. I see that I have riled up a few members. Guess in hind sight i should have sent you a PM.

Have a safe and pleasant evening. To all you will deal with below zero temperature of or more degrees be careful when outside . Good fishing to all.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14692 on: Jan 27, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

mr.clean I thought I best answer your questions before I forget as I pecking away at the mornings "check in". Yes I do have a heated garage. I have a Modine natural gas heater that allows me to keep things above freezing or dial it to whatever I need. It has been a blessing to say the least.

When I bring my wife to the bus I can drop her right at the bus. They have been very good at staying on schedule so I usually don't have to wait around very long. Unfortunately the drop off isn't nearly as nice for her, besides the 1.5 hour ride  she has to walk 2 miles to get to her office. Many days she actually likes the walk, however the cold days not so much. It's pretty much a trade off, either she drives and contends with the idiots on the road or she pays $6 and gets a ride + a refreshing walk ???

The snow just started here at 6:30p, last I heard the heaviest will be from 9pm to 2am. Amounts have gone down a little with their new guess being 3"-6" . We are still on for the wind machine.

Hope you all have a nice evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14693 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Steve, I think it's best to air something like that in the open to give members a chance to comment. I respect everyone's right to comment on my posts! This is an OPEN forum after all!! And I and a number of others on here have spent a portion of our lives protecting that right!! No problem Sir!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14694 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:33 PM »
Had to leave Friday to drive Mrs back to Kansas for that funeral, too bad it takes something like that to round everyone up.  She got to visit with a lot of her family and friends.

Got reports of my gang out really slaughter the perch.  Had to give several limits away.  Marv's cold snap might make me a visit, will have to wait and see what if any snow comes with it.
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14695 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Good Evening, All

Almost hit 50* today - By Wednesday into Thursday, temps. deep dive to single digits, with wind chills into the - dbl. digits, It's Gonna Be Cold

Mason - Excellent pictures of you & Mike on the ice, WTG, A 'bonding day' like that is needed on occasion

W.S. - Thx for posting  the trip for Eddie, you as ready as can be for this next winter blast?

Mrs. W.W. - Good Luck fishing if you and 'the straw boss' get out, & as always, be safe

O.S. - At least you have not lost your sense of humor with all that is going on

H2l - Good Luck Bowling - hopefully the 'boss' can come home this week

General ? - When was the last time someone heard/conversed with 'Yoopergirl' ?

I.W. - Any more Dr.s to visit before the surgery ?

45 - How are you making out with things?

T.T. - 4* make you move pretty quick, doesn't it? - Some years ago, I had a customer that had the same type of water disaster, bottom unit of a summer condo, shut the heat
    off for the season, but not the water- we had some frigid cold weather come in and freeze pipes in the crawlspace & walls, water flooded the kitchen, had to take cabinets
    apart to get at the wall which ajoins the bathroom to fix pipes, big mess, he was a bigshot cardio.dr. NNJ-NYC, 'fix whatever needs to be fixed, send a bill, we will deal with
    the ins. co.', detailed bill got sent, never heard another word, following fall, did a whole condo unit repaint for them

Clean - Did you try the vaseline on the door gaskets for the cold weather ?

Have a dr.'s appt. with the urologist tomorrow, messes the whole day up because the appt. is at 10:45, another day & half & painting will be done, finally, 1 customer moved
    on with their tile job, time was an issue there, next one is in the same area as the painting, so, close by is good

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Happy Birthday-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon

I.F.F. - Safe trip driving
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14696 on: Jan 27, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Third try to post tonite. For some reason the page is jumping and deleting my post.

It is ---7*  just north of me. marv is see you are still getting a lot of snow and sending it on. I thought that there was a big bare spot around Green Bay until I realized the radar is down.

Time for the rack I will TRY to post more tomorrow. Hopefully the storm is not to bad.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14697 on: Jan 28, 2019, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 14* this am, high of 21 here today.  Thanks for all the kind words everyone, we had a super fun trip!   :thumbsup:

Marv....many thanks again for posting the pictures!!  :thumbsup:  Hope the snow stays to the minimal amount, be careful with the snow removal today Sir! Sounds like the bus is the better choice for your wife Marv, we all know of the craziness that comes with big city drivers.
  Tom...I had some troubles trying to post again before we left on our fishing trip as well...better luck this am!    :thumbsup:
 Capt.Jim...best wishes with the Dr.’s appointment today, unfortunate on the timing...my kind of luck! Glad the painting job is almost complete and the next job is close, excellent! Maybe this cold front moving in will do it’s magic on your local lakes... :thumbsup:   Haven’t heard from Mindy in quite a long time.
  Bud...condolences sent to your wife, seems unfortunate that it takes funerals or weddings to get people back together sometimes. Good luck with the perch if you make it out!   :thumbsup:
  H2...hoping your wife’s condition is improving each passing day and will be home soon.  :thumbsup:  How was the bowling last night? 
  John...crossing fingers your fishing trip paid off with a banner day!    :thumbsup:
  DFF...so glad you and all the other workers are back on the payroll again! Can’t imagine going that long with no paycheck...Thank You all for hanging in there and your service!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  Steve...I’d imagine the new cards and increase with the machines will have it’s opposition for sure...some things are better left alone, but it’s always about the $$.
  Wally...best of luck to you and Mr.WW today if your heading out! Had a friend who was up to Oneida over the weekend, got into some real nice walleyes!   :thumbsup:
  OS...hope the hand and fingers continue to improve, best wishes sent!    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...looked like some steady snow falling up your way yesterday, hope it didn’t amount to very much. Be careful with the snow removal today. Many thanks again for all the help!   :bow:  Read a post that said dragging off the lake yesterday was a tough go...glad we went Saturday!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope everything is going well, any word on the surgery date?   :thumbsup:

Apologies if I missed anyone, catching up with this crew has its challenges... ;D. Seems if I try to go back beyond the last post I see making a reply I loose what’s typed already.
  Showed my wife all the pictures of our trip and she wondered why we didn’t catch any perch, they’re her favorite breaded and deep fryed. Couldn’t help but smile and mentioned that was in the planning for this weekends trip coming up.... ;D
  Back to the terrazzo again this am, hoping the week flys by....cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14698 on: Jan 28, 2019, 04:36 AM »
Well dang, my button to up load pictures is gone again :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14699 on: Jan 28, 2019, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 5* and calm up here on my hill, a high of 15* is expected from the guessers. ::)
                             Capt.Jim........No more Dr. visits till my surgery on Feb 7th, it can't get here soon enough. I want to get it over with. :blink:
                             Eddie............Nice pictures of your trip to LG, my favorite place to fish. :clap: :thumbsup: It started snowing around 9 am and the guessers
                   said we'd get 1  to 3 inches. They were wrong as usual, we ended up with about 6", the sun came out around 4 pm so I decided to go out a blow the
                   driveway. I was bored just as I was 3/4 the way done the skies turned dark and snow started falling again. It didn't last long. :o Another storm is
                   coming Tuesday into Wednesday. ::)
                             Marv.........If I had to go to a city everyday, I'd take a bus like your wife, dealing with traffic and parking can be a hassle. :flex:
                             Tom.........Your a good neighbor for think of the house for them, some people just don't get it. Even in summer the water should be turned off. :o
                             H2L..........It's a good thing you notice the leaking water heater before it got too bad. :thumbsup:
                             Tom..........it's a good idea to flush water heaters. but one way to stop the sediment from building is to install Stainless Steel elements in an
                  electric water heater. Most sediment that comes out is a white like crystal, it is calcium that's in the water reacting with the regular elements that
                  come in the water heater. :o
                             John.........I hope you had a good fishing trip the other day. ???
                             Wally........Are you and the Mr. heading out on the ice? ???
                             Not much going on today, I;m going to finish clearing my deck and front walk before the next round comes in.             
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.