The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: just heard  (Read 3251 times)

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
just heard
« on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:07 PM »
i heard  from a member of vasa that there is a person trying to get a bill passed that would ban snowmobiles and atvs  from driveing on the ice of lakes and ponds  so i want to know if anyone else has heard about it

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: just heard
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:06 PM »
if its true thats gotta be the biggestcrock-o-bulls**t ive ever heard, haha

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:16 PM »
thats what i say but this person told me they are trying to get it suck threw with out anyone knowing thats why i posted it here  so people can check it out  if they do this i wont buy a fishing licence because i rely on my wheeler alot to get shanty and gear out to where i fish 

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:23 PM »
same here, if this happens i think there will be alot less people and shantys on the ice

icewagon

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:31 PM »
You can't drive on the ice in PA , we pull every thing by hand , and back off at the end of the day .But we are tough in PA  :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:56 PM »
if this is true the state of Vermont will lose a lot of income not only  from Vermonters but tourists as well...... really CRAZY!!!!! :cookoo:
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:58 PM »
your not dealing with 3-4ft of snow and slush either all winter long. that makes a huge difference on how far that walk is and if you fish a great spot or not.

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:11 PM »
It will never happen. The state needs the money to much!

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:11 PM »
You can't drive on the ice in PA , we pull every thing by hand , and back off at the end of the day .But we are tough in PA  :flex: :flex: :flex:

That why we fought the British,Freedom!!!!

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline Drakeman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:03 PM »
This may be what you were talking about. H 463 sponsored by Representative Deen of Westminster.

http://www.leg.state.vt.us/docs/2010/bills/Intro/H-463.pdf

Read First Time and Referred to the Committee on Fish, Wildlife & Water Resources on 1/5/2010

Offline new guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:58 PM »
i don't use a ATV or a sled or even drive on the ice. but i back free will, i mean come on! everyone knows the risk of going on the ice,and if you go thru.....you go thru, sh*t happens. its a risky sport, and how we get there is our own business

Offline gould

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:16 AM »
So they want to ban ATV's and snowmobiles but you can still drive a F-250 out there that is really smart.

Offline duckdownr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:47 AM »
Nice!!!

Call your Representatives......

Offline freaknasty7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:53 AM »
i actually heard at the bait shop the othe day from a fellow that was saying that this year at the harriman derby they are trying to do away with snowmobiles and atvs...i dont see how there can be any truth behind that but i guess you never know.

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:32 AM »
I agree this would be stupid...  Don't  just sit here and say it on the site  Call your Reps and Tell the NOOOOOOO   ...  we allready have plenty of laws to govern how we live..
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Everytime there is a accident, like the three skidooers, that went down in Lake Dunmore, and someone dies, the State alway has to make another law.  Most of the Vermont Leg, don't fish or hunt. Why Vote in a Leg, in Vermont, who doesn't hunt or fish?  Alot of those Leg, are Lawyers, go figure?  If they passed this law, the State Fish and Game Dept, would go Bankrupt! ::) >:(

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:56 AM »
don't think they could pull this off, like everyone has said, it's all about the money.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:29 PM »
The worst part is, this guys one of us! according to his bio on the state reps. website he owns a trout fishing guide service!

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Great subject! But i'm not pokeing that bees nest! We must stick together though. Fore slowly the outdoorsman, one by one, are becomeing a dying breed and the politicians will see to it. Round up the troops men! :flex:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:35 PM »
This Leg, needs to be taken out.  The way I see it, he has more money, and he goes out of state, and doesn't care about the Vermont, Ice Fisherman, and women.  Why else would he bring up such a stupid law?  I don't even think he is a native Vermonter in the first place.  He must have alot of money.

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Just because he is a fishing guide?  Most of the fishing guides in Vermont, are not from Vermont.  They come here, after they retire, or they are trust fund babies, or they work as bio's from other States, etc, for the State of Vermont.  If, this idiot Rep, gets this passed in the Vermont Leg.  Like I said before, its the Bankrupt of the Vermont Fish and Game Dept. 

Offline handload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:35 PM »
What a bunch of crap. What purpose does this have? More laws?? This guy is a typical politition, probably not from Vermont, has his own agenda.

"Welcome to the Peoples Republic of Vermont"

Offline Hunkerdown

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Tip Up another Beer for those Hardwater Junkies.
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Sure is a bunch of crap...But the bottom line is we as voters need to oust these Politicians that are in office, or are running for office, that are trying to change VT. and the sports we know and love. TAKE BACK VERMONT!!! It's been almost twenty years since Dean and many of the ultra left liberals ruined what was once a conservative state, to one of the most liberal states in the union. I say enough is enough and it's time to turn it around this year during elections in Nov.

God Bless America,

HD.

Offline ice dog Jack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:39 PM »
If they aren't fishin they shouldn't be allowed on the ice. My friends and I have had tip ups run over by the A holes speeding through our tip-ups. If I could catch them, falling through the ice would be the least of their worries. >:(

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:52 AM »
Sure is a bunch of crap...But the bottom line is we as voters need to oust these Politicians that are in office, or are running for office, that are trying to change VT. and the sports we know and love. TAKE BACK VERMONT!!! It's been almost twenty years since Dean and many of the ultra left liberals ruined what was once a conservative state, to one of the most liberal states in the union. I say enough is enough and it's time to turn it around this year during elections in Nov.

God Bless America,

HD.
And God bless Vermont. We'll need it. To arms boys! Can I get an "AMEN" :thumbsup:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:55 AM »
AMEN!!!!!!!!   

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:51 AM »
emailed my rep

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:55 AM »
If they aren't fishin they shouldn't be allowed on the ice. My friends and I have had tip ups run over by the A holes speeding through our tip-ups. If I could catch them, falling through the ice would be the least of their worries. >:(
this all or nothing thinking is the problem with legislation like this.  NO ONE group owns the ice--for Legal definition purposes, it is a state park.  It does suck when tipups get destroyed by a holes, but it would be more productive to talk with the offending parties and ask em not to be aholes than it would be to ban an entire group--please.  Time to use the big head, fellas

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:51 AM »
yea we can't just say only for fishing, the ice is for everyone.  But the A hole thing is a problem have not lost a tip up but I have had them buzz threw my set up before.   If  you could catch up to them you could introduce them to a home run swing with your broken tip-up, right up aside the helmet, that way you won't  hurt them but sure as heck would get there attention,  good hint make sure its not a 6' 5"  300 lb  lad that would counter sink you into the ice with one swat..

Offline ice dog Jack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:58 PM »
 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.