Author Topic: Lowerance Fish lo-k-tor "old green box"  (Read 4453 times)

Offline beaubrewton

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowerance Fish lo-k-tor "old green box"
« on: Jan 05, 2008, 01:15 PM »
I was just wondering if any one knows if the transducer that mounts to the boat, will work for ice fishing.. i am getting ready to buy one, but i need to know if it works that way or not...

Thanks.

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Lowerance Fish lo-k-tor "old green box"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2008, 01:38 PM »
IT used to come with a pole to mount the transducer to.  I have one with the pole and the owners manuel i think from the 60's! in the manual it shows being used for icefishing.  A pole could be made to work like this.  just keep the transducer level
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2008, 12:55 AM »
They also made a suction cup adapter for them

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Here's a floating transducer rig I made for my zercom unit.  I used aluminum tubing and duct tape to fasten my puck ducer.   It works well and is easy to to move from hole to hole. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=15330.0 (ftp://http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=15330.0)
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2008, 11:49 PM »
I was just wondering if any one knows if the transducer that mounts to the boat, will work for ice fishing.. i am getting ready to buy one, but i need to know if it works that way or not...

Thanks.

They will but you need a way to mount it. I have a piranha I use to mark depth. I have it taped to a piece of tubing. the tubing is shaped like a tee on top and sits on top of hole
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:35 PM »
I have been using mine for ice fishing, I just mounted the transducer to a pvc pipe and two boards at the top with a bolt to hold the boards to the pipe. The best part of all is that I run it of my dewalt 12 volt drill battery and it works great.

Offline mailman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:16 AM »
I used the transducer from my "Gree Box" on my Lowrance 2330 and bought a "Vexilar" float for around 7-8 dollars with shipping through ebay.  Works great for me.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:41 AM »
I just picked up a green box last weekend.  I don't think I will use it through the ice, as I have a nice flasher, but put a vexilar float on it, for when I float the river.  It works great in the laundry tub.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.