Author Topic: Finally, I'm convinced!  (Read 734 times)

Offline NEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
Finally, I'm convinced!
« on: Feb 19, 2012, 11:42 AM »
  I'm just getting back into ice fishing after about a 39 yr. break, and I bought a new Lowrance X67C ice machine. I didn't buy one of the Vexillars or Marcums because I am used to a chart machine on the boat, and my one experience with a flasher - many years ago, left me with a real bad feeling toward flashers in general. I truly thought they were all a worthless pos, and till a couple of days ago, I had never even looked at the ice machine mode flasher screen on my unit. The bite was real slow that day, but I could see what I thought might be some faint fish signals right on the bottom - so - just for the heck of it, I turned on the ice flasher mode and started playing with the set - up - and low and behold - that thing really does work!!! Just like the video's on the big flasher web sites that I thought were all just hokey hype BS. I am an ornery old cuss and real hard to convince about something new. I have to actually see it for myself. Well I sure did that day. - it's so neat to watch the fish come up to the jig like that - I caught a bunch of fish after that - that I never would have known were there without it. I kept on changing jigs till I found what they wanted.
Warren

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Finally, I'm convinced!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2012, 04:27 PM »
I fished blind for 40 years, I'm not saying I didn't catch fish because I did well,but the last 10 years with my Vex have been great,the only thing that gets me,is when I know theres fish down there and they wont bite. Have fun with your toy!

Offline NEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2012, 05:31 PM »
I fished blind for 40 years, I'm not saying I didn't catch fish because I did well,but the last 10 years with my Vex have been great,the only thing that gets me,is when I know theres fish down there and they wont bite. Have fun with your toy!
Thanks cap 54 - Yeah - having them come up to your jig and then not bite, will drive you crazy after awhile. But it's a good crazy!
Warren

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2012, 05:42 PM »
yup fished blind for26 years bought a flasher and now its hard to fish with out it,now i hve the x67c and marcum lx-5 and prolly will buy another marcum here soon for wife or kids to use

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.