Author Topic: 1st time out w/ x67c  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
1st time out w/ x67c
« on: Jan 22, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Had a blast w/ the chart graph, followed the suggested settings posted here and had a great return in shallow depths to 6'; A real-time sonar response to my eyes. Hooked a few white perch on Fiskas & Perpetual Motion spoon; Great seeing 'em race up to my lure...

Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
Re: 1st time out w/ x67c
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Yeah, the chart mode is the way to go for sure. At least with the LX7 the flasher guys are starting to see the benefits of the graph mode when fishing.No, if they ever get better screen imaging and adjustment and a real time side bar that lines up with the graph tails they will really have something.
Glad it is working for you.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:28 AM »
townie gotta change your upper and lower limits and get rid of that clutter at the bottom.  like I fished in 20.7 ft of water yesterday.  I had my upper level at 8 and my bottom lever at 21.  there was no extra clutter and used the full screen for what I was looking for.  also make sure your ping and scroll speed is all the way up.  im a newbie using it also but I got a buddy that is a x67 pro and he gave me some advice and so far its been all good. 

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:16 AM »
Leave the bottom clutter. You will see it change when fish start getting closer to the sonar cone before they show up above the bottom.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:40 AM »
Leave the bottom clutter. You will see it change when fish start getting closer to the sonar cone before they show up above the bottom.

hmmm i will have to try that then.  I noticed the color change when I had fish on the bottom right before they came up but it was not to distinct.  I will give myself 2 to 3 ft of bottom then

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:33 AM »
That is what I do. Works great.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Yeah, the chart mode is the way to go for sure. At least with the LX7 the flasher guys are starting to see the benefits of the graph mode when fishing.No, if they ever get better screen imaging and adjustment and a real time side bar that lines up with the graph tails they will really have something.
Glad it is working for you.

Lowrance has had the real time side bar that lines up with the graph for about 15 years.  It's called FasTrack.  It's basically the same data that the Showdown finders display, but it isn't that wide.  I wish they would make it adjustable, but it's only about 1/4 of an inch wide.  You can either enable it or turn it off, but that's the only two choices.  The "flashers only" crowd has been drinking the  Koolade and drinking the bong water for far too long.

From the owner's manual of the X67
FasTrack
This feature automatically converts all echoes to short horizontal lines on the display's far right side. The graph on the rest of the screen continues to operate normally. FasTrack gives you a rapid update of conditions directly under the boat. This makes it useful for ice fishing, or when you're fishing at anchor. When the boat is not moving, fish signals are long, drawn out lines on a normal chart display. FasTrack converts the graph to a vertical bar graph that, with practice, makes a useful addition to fishing at a stationary location.
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Lowrance has had the real time side bar that lines up with the graph for about 15 years.  It's called FasTrack.  It's basically the same data that the Showdown finders display, but it isn't that wide.  I wish they would make it adjustable, but it's only about 1/4 of an inch wide.  You can either enable it or turn it off, but that's the only two choices.  The "flashers only" crowd has been drinking the  Koolade and drinking the bong water for far too long.

From the owner's manual of the X67

another neat thing for me to try thanks for the input.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Had a blast w/ the chart graph, followed the suggested settings posted here and had a great return in shallow depths to 6'; A real-time sonar response to my eyes. Hooked a few white perch on Fiskas & Perpetual Motion spoon; Great seeing 'em race up to my lure...

(Image removed from quote.)

Just ordered one.  Can't wait.

Offline grand610

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:23 PM »
How do you enable or turn off the fastrack feature?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:06 PM »

i have mine tuned in for perch and eyes as soon as one tries to sneak across the bottom there he is, they don't need to rise at all , and i fish from 18-40' you just need to see a little hiccup line on the bottom and it is ever so small , it is just lots of practice ,it's just as fast as a flasher but with a little memory ,just an ol buzzards .02 , but something is better than nothing   

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:36 PM »
How do you enable or turn off the fastrack feature?
Except for a few functions on/in the entire unit, it's "menu" adjustable, as is this feature.

If that is confusing, down load the manual AND the "Demo", at    http://www.lowrance.com/

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:39 AM »
hmmm i will have to try that then.  I noticed the color change when I had fish on the bottom right before they came up but it was not to distinct.  I will give myself 2 to 3 ft of bottom then

I like to leave a couple feet of the bottom clutter showing, I use the split screen with the 2x zoom on the left side, and once you get the sensitivity set correctly, the colors are varied and you can pick out the fish from the bottom, even if they're laying on it....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline NEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2012, 05:51 PM »
I also have a new X67C, and I leave the surface clutter too. Learn to pay attention to the top of the display. Several times when the bite was slow on the bottom - I have spotted fish cruising just under the ice - raised my jig to their level and caught them real often. This is Yellow perch. I sure like that little machine - best investment I've made in a long time. I also bought a 9 amp hour battery for it to give me a little extra using time.
Warren

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2012, 04:49 AM »

a 9 amp battery is a must the 7 just isn't quite enough when fishing dark to dark

I like to leave a couple feet of the bottom clutter showing, I use the split screen with the 2x zoom on the left side, and once you get the sensitivity set correctly, the colors are varied and you can pick out the fish from the bottom, even if they're laying on it....

i have found that i'm picking fish up in 30 plus ft. on the bottom without the split screen ,just using 2x zoom ,but i'm only on eyes and perch

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:40 AM »
  a 9 amp battery is a must the 7 just isn't quite enough when fishing dark to dark

i have found that i'm picking fish up in 30 plus ft. on the bottom without the split screen ,just using 2x zoom ,but i'm only on eyes and perch

fillet so far im impressed with my battery life.  I have fished from 7:00 a.m.  till 4:30 and the battery indicator was still better then half.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:43 AM »
fillet so far im impressed with my battery life.  I have fished from 7:00 a.m.  till 4:30 and the battery indicator was still better then half.

Same with mine...I'm still using the battery that came with the unit, run it all day out there and don't think I've ever gotten it below 3/4's...battery seems to last forever.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:19 PM »
do you guys have the volt meter up in the left hand corner ,but mine is 4 yrs old

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:25 PM »

thats it i'm buying a new 67c , just got an excuse now thanks guys

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:29 PM »
do you guys have the volt meter up in the left hand corner ,but mine is 4 yrs old

in flasher mode I have a little battery icon down in the right corner that has a level on it.  I think I can add more to my screen I just havnt messed with that.  Hey fillet when your on bottom what color do you make your bottom?  where is your color level on your 67 if you remember. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:38 AM »
in flasher mode I have a little battery icon down in the right corner that has a level on it.  I think I can add more to my screen I just havnt messed with that.  Hey fillet when your on bottom what color do you make your bottom?  where is your color level on your 67 if you remember.

remember mine is 4 yrs old colorline is at 74%and i have the backlight cranked in the 90% range

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2012, 01:23 PM »
remember mine is 4 yrs old colorline is at 74%and i have the backlight cranked in the 90% range

yeah thats around where i have been running mine mostly but last saturday I turned it up higher then that to where it had a yellow bottom to see what the difference was.  It worked also.

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:49 PM »
I have been running mine with the white background and set the sensitivity and colorline so that the bottom is yellow and the fish that hug the bottom will show a thin line of red.

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:13 PM »
well I sold the lx-3tc tonight and will be ordering a 67c soon.  Crappy ice and bad forecast so not in a hurry.  I keep checking every store on line everyday looking for an incredible deal.  If reeds was still selling for $237.50 and free shipping I'd just pull the trigger but I figure someone's gonna be having a fire sale soon.  Really hope it's as good as ya'll say it is.  I shed a lil tear as my baby rode away sitting shotgun with another guy.......
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Really hope it's as good as ya'll say it is.  I shed a lil tear as my baby rode away sitting shotgun with another guy.......

You'll love it; 2nd time out today and I could see the gap between my hali spoon & hook-- then saw my waxworm drift down after it shook off the jig. Can't think of what else I need to view w/ the x67  :thumbsup:
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:15 PM »
You'll love it; 2nd time out today and I could see the gap between my hali spoon & hook-- then saw my waxworm drift down after it shook off the jig. Can't think of what else I need to view w/ the x67  :thumbsup:

Fish would be good. Ha ha

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:49 PM »
I have been running mine with the white background and set the sensitivity and colorline so that the bottom is yellow and the fish that hug the bottom will show a thin line of red.

i have mine set that way but my soft bottom is yellow and hard bottom is a little darker

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Ordered it!  Not that I'll get to use it this year on the ice seeing as a rescue attempt has just been called off on one of my home lakes for a guy who thought it was smart to go out alone at dark and chance his life and the lives of the rescuers as well,  but I already have a skim ducer from an Eagle that should work on it for the pontoon in the summer.  I haven't been on the ice since Monday and will not go back out this year unless I head north.  The ice has been shaky since the beginning of the year and never got thicker than 6 inches and a couple inches of that was crappy ice.  What makes people think that 4 inches of crappy ice is good ice?   Sorry for the rant but man when are people gonna learn?   It's just not worth it.   I really do hope his/her family makes it thru this horrible ordeal........
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Ordered it!  Not that I'll get to use it this year on the ice seeing as a rescue attempt has just been called off on one of my home lakes for an idiot who thought it was smart to go out alone at dark and chance his life and the lives of the rescuers as well,  but I already have a skim ducer from an Eagle that should work on it for the pontoon in the summer.  I haven't been on the ice since Monday and will not go back out this year unless I head north.  The ice has been shaky since the beginning of the year and never got thicker than 6 inches and a couple inches of that was crappy ice.  What makes people think that 4 inches of crappy ice is good ice?   Sorry for the rant but man when are people gonna learn?   It's just not worth it.   I really do hope his/her family makes it thru this horrible ordeal........

it's very simple the Darwin theory

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:11 AM »
still learning the x67c as I go but man yesterday I had two eyes chasing both my lines in the water.  A deadstick 3 ft off bottom and my jig in use.  was sweet.  To bad neither would bite.   ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.