Author Topic: $300 Flasher?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
$300 Flasher?
« on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Ok so i knew i had to have a flasher this season but with the price and the economy the way it is took me a little while to aquire the funds. Now after a month or two of packing lunch for work and makin do with what i had. Ive saved enough for the $300 price range flasher. I've looked and those would include marcum lx1  vexilar fl8 or lowrance x67c.
I know those alot of forums on here that have something about one or the other and essiatially any of them im sure will be better then what i have (nothing). I am leaning towards the lowrance for its versitility (summer option) and the galore of options on the unit. Zoom 2 any level of the water column, digit read out, no moving parts , etc etc.
But does anyone have any hands on experiance with the x67c? Pros and cons? Open to ideas money doesnt grow on trees but im sure all of the choices above will be great, but would just like to get the bang for the buck.
Thanks
Dont be Skunked

Offline archerylonehunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: $300 Flasher?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:40 AM »
my buddy and i bought a ice 35 for $270 new with free shipping through reeds sporting good out of MN. I love the larger screen.  .great deal

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Another thing would be check craigs list or pawn shops, may be able to pick up a good used unit too and save a little cash.  Maybe you have looked that way already, but was just going to suggest it.  Other wise i have just used the fl8, don't know much about the others here.

Offline fishermanna82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2010, 01:56 PM »
what depth are you fishing at normally?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:32 PM »
I have a 67c and no complaints also a vex and like it to, my buds have the rest of the units ,but i mostly fish for eyes and perch 20'-50' they all get the job done ,but it sounds like your already leaning in one direction ,if you have any questions pm me ,and I'll try and help

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Check out the factory reconditioned units on Vexilars website.

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2010, 02:48 PM »
in the winter i fish from 4 fow all the way to 90 fow for salmon , trout, and mackinaw. Some of the spots could be way deeper than 90 fow. Like i said i currently dont use any electronics but if my map is right its somewhere in the area.
Dont be Skunked

Offline walleymaster96

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:54 PM »
i would personaly get the lowrance x67c icemachine
my dad has it and loves it. you can set it up like a vexlar also if you dont like how it is

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2010, 04:23 PM »
man i think you just missed an awesome deal.  scheels all sports had the x67c on sale for 200. i ordered one friday and got confirmation that it shipped today.  just checked their website and it says product is currently unavailable. here is the link anyway maybe you can call or something.  can wait to get my ice machine.  been watching you tube videos like crazy.

http://www.scheelssports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10101&productId=59876&categoryId=113161

Offline Indiananimal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2010, 05:21 PM »
HumminBird 345c ! check it out, u can get one for under 300.

Offline crappieking27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Ok so i knew i had to have a flasher this season but with the price and the economy the way it is took me a little while to aquire the funds. Now after a month or two of packing lunch for work and makin do with what i had. Ive saved enough for the $300 price range flasher. I've looked and those would include marcum lx1  vexilar fl8 or lowrance x67c.
I know those alot of forums on here that have something about one or the other and essiatially any of them im sure will be better then what i have (nothing). I am leaning towards the lowrance for its versitility (summer option) and the galore of options on the unit. Zoom 2 any level of the water column, digit read out, no moving parts , etc etc.
But does anyone have any hands on experiance with the x67c? Pros and cons? Open to ideas money doesnt grow on trees but im sure all of the choices above will be great, but would just like to get the bang for the buck.
Thanks
you should look into the showdown.had a vex and will never go back.easy to read and and has better zoom than the vex or marcum.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Just buy one!!!!  It is so much more important to have one than it is the brand...they all work great!

Jim

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I would be comfortable with the Vex or Marcum. I have a FL-8 and it works great. I just took my buddys marcum lx 1 pro out for a day on saturday to try it out. It is a nice machine also. I like the zoom on that unit, But other than that, they function equally. Marcum will go to 160fow instead of the vex's 120fow.
Pig
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Marcum vx-1 pro from reeds, 299 shipped! Best flasher in the 300 range by far, has the same features as the fl-18 and a little more crisp image.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.