Author Topic: SHOWDOWN 5.6  (Read 1523 times)

Offline fasttimeracing

• Team IceShanty Regular
SHOWDOWN 5.6
« on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:22 AM »
 :woot:I JUST GOT A SHOWDOWN 5.6. NOW I CANT WAIT TO GET IT ON THE ICE!!! :icefish:

Offline adksavage

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SHOWDOWN 5.6
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:30 AM »
Awesome!!! Good luck out there. But watch that arm. They break very easily once you extend it. :'( Even though getting a new replacement is pretty cheap. I know of three units that have snapped arms right at the pivot point. You really don't even need the arm at all to fish with it. I wrap mine around the unit base and let it hang over the hole. Works great.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:35 AM »
yeah i don't get why they put them on there.. there just asking to break
FISH ON

Offline adksavage

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:38 AM »
You're not kidding there. As soon as it gets really cold it snaps like a tooth pick. :'( That is the only thing on the unit that I didn't like.  ;)

Offline lexman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I had the same problem with mine. I took some foam and made a float for mine, works better than the arm did.

Offline djsublime

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiver me timbers!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I had the same problem with mine. I took some foam and made a float for mine, works better than the arm did.
good idea im def goona do that

Offline jcarroll

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go Gophers!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2010, 12:22 PM »
You'll love the Showdown, especially the target resolution.  I have had mine for one ice season so far and love it.  Congrats on a great purchase.

I bought a cheap yellow foam transducer float from cabelas and use that instead of the arm.  I don't even bother with the ties, the float stays on despite the slit down the side to get the 'ducer cable in and out.
When the going gets tough, the tough go ICE FISHING.

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2010, 04:41 PM »
I love my showdown unit, but I broke the plastic arm my first trip out.  It is easy to tip over.  I purchased one of the Vexilar floats.  When I sent my unit in for the upgrade last year they replaced my arm for free, but I still like using the float better.   

Offline DaveW731

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:15 PM »
I love my showdown unit, but I broke the plastic arm my first trip out.  It is easy to tip over.  I purchased one of the Vexilar floats.  When I sent my unit in for the upgrade last year they replaced my arm for free, but I still like using the float better.   

Looking at purchasing a unit, either the showdown or Lowrance ice machine.  Was wondering about the upgrades on the showdown, plus the 20 degree cone:  what do the upgrades consist of?  Also, how deep can you fish with a 20 degree cone and still have it be effective?
"There is no failure, except in no longer trying"

Offline FISH2163

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2010, 08:22 PM »
I to converted from the arm to a Vex float. When I set up in my fish trap, I flip over a 5 gallon bucket, set it next to me, and use it as a coffee table. My Showdown sit right there in easy reach and, I have a place to set my beer so it doesn't freeze; fish right handed, drink left.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.