New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: bubblers  (Read 4516 times)

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: bubblers
« Reply #30 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:57 PM »
It was good to meet you also ice. I say we keep the good perch for ourselves lol. We can take them out for half price for half sized perch. Trouble is once you give up the perch bed it's a one time sale. Plus terry would stuff us down a hole. Maybe we can hook up for fishing over the summer, I do a lot of Champlain fishing for cats. Don't have to worrie about bubblers lol
hey just put some fish in the freezer and I looked I have 40 lbs of perch that should hold me over till ice is gone and I have 15 lbs for a fish fry

JJ

« Reply #31 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Hmmm, who looks dumb?
Fisherman complaining and tossing around some thoughts on a situation.  Or the guy/guys that continuously complain about guys complaining? 

You never know Who reads these forums, a guy could take the ideas we have on issues we run into and bring them up at important meetings. They could be solutions we offer through are so called "crying". Guys may realize others feel the same way about a situation and band together to resolve it. Not everyone accepts things for the way they are. Go fish some place else you say. The next nearest public access is 5 miles down the road. That too has a bubbler.  So let's go even further down the road another 3-4 miles. Send all the fisherman to that one small bay. After that there's diamond point. Same issue a town bubbler. Used to go through a gentlemans  yard to avoid it, until it became private to ice fishing tours. From there it's hearthstone then the beach. The areas with bubblers do freeze but it takes a while during first ice, and they become unsafe way earlier then the lake. 

Soo loso, if you have nothing constructive to add to this topic, about why bubblers are still bubbling into the spring. I suggest you get your saws ready instead of "crying" about guys "crying" it makes you look dumb!!!

Talk about dumb. You have continued to falsely accuse me of something on a public forum that I sponsor, simply because you are jealous that I can access through a public property that you can't. The truth I was offered use of that property, didn't even have to ask, my friend owns it. You could move to LG, live there for 20+ years, work and start a business, develop a good reputation, get to know other business and land owners.... then things like that happen.

Really, that access was closed off a couple years ago when people trashed the place, while trespassing without permission, just like what happened on Assembly Point this winter. The owner got tired of dealing with it, and people asking him for permission but the big issue is LIABILITY; he mentioned two people getting hurt in the past getting off the ice.

Fact is, I have attended various meetings for years. The LGFA, which I am currently president of (for the second time), spent many years trying to get something done about ice eater usage, with little to show for it. The guy next to Veteran's is nothing new, that has been going on for years, DEC is well aware and apparently can't do much.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Talk about dumb. You have continued to falsely accuse me of something on a public forum that I sponsor, simply because you are jealous that I can access through a public property that you can't. The truth I was offered use of that property, didn't even have to ask, my friend owns it. You could move to LG, live there for 20+ years, work and start a business, develop a good reputation, get to know other business and land owners.... then things like that happen.

Really, that access was closed off a couple years ago when people trashed the place, while trespassing without permission, just like what happened on Assembly Point this winter. The owner got tired of dealing with it, and people asking him for permission but the big issue is LIABILITY; he mentioned two people getting hurt in the past getting off the ice.

Fact is, I have attended various meetings for years. The LGFA, which I am currently president of (for the second time), spent many years trying to get something done about ice eater usage, with little to show for it. The guy next to Veteran's is nothing new, that has been going on for years, DEC is well aware and apparently can't do much.

What did I falsely accuse you of? If it was guiding out of an access that the public used to use I think you verified I was correct. If you didn't complain about my post I could defend my comments and show I asked questions and stated if my thoughts were wrong I apologize.  But like always you hit the report button, and because your a sponsor with out hesitation my comments were deleted, much like this one will be. Am I jealous? Yes. Have you done great things for the lake? Yes. But most of those things were and are in the better interest of your business. I wouldn't be so quick to call you out had you not made it a point last year to brag about having the access all to your self. Seems like a very professional thing to do JJ, brag about how quiet it got after the public was banned. And now to call me dumb for pointing out facts. And by the way it's a private property not a public you can access through. You got very quiet after I pointed out those things earlier this season. Instead of clearing it up then you waited to attack me now. So tell me what's so dumb about me pointing out that it's ironic the public lost access at the same time you gained it?

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:26 PM »
Also I would like to point out I never mentioned any names when I said it became private to ice Fishing tours. So it seems to me like you got defensive and put your own name on the situation JJ.  So I guess your right,     Talk about dumb!

JJ

« Reply #34 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:03 PM »
Take your drama elsewhere. Now you act like you never accused me of anything, forgot about your "theory" posts. You started again with the statement in bold in this thread, nice passive-aggressive shot at me, then call me defensive.  ;D Not like you could have PM'd me first before playing Sherlock Holmes and coming up with your theory, instead you posted it for everyone to see.

You did not leave a good impression on my friend with your repeated attempts to gain permission to access there, he remembers you.  ;)

JJ

« Reply #35 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:17 PM »
It's Spring, the only turkeys I want to be dealing with are the real ones.  ;D

That was last year, March 28th.

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:30 PM »
Repeated, I asked once. And left it at that. Said thank you for what you've done for the public through a letter and offered him fish. That's Once Watson. Your the guy starting the drama dude. It's just hard to prove that because you remove your posts and have others deleted. Lol seems like I struck a nerve and that wasn't my intention. I just had questions about the situation. Your the guy making it worse. I no longer need the access there you can have it. And like I said I asked one time so no need make it look like I begged him. I helped Him put his road block back up and told him if he needed help restoring his property I was willing to help. That's when he asked
If I landscaped, seemed like he wanted to know if I was interested in doing it at his hotel. I said no thanks. He must Have me confused with some one else. So you should get your facts together. Repeated would require more then once! Again it's hard to defend my theory post since You had it deleted. But it was just that a theory

Theory : an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.

Key word was idea I never said it was fact but by the way your making an issue of It leads me to believe I was completely correct.  Have fun with your turkeys

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 30, 2015, 04:17 AM »
Wow sounds like an angry bird lol ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Mar 30, 2015, 04:51 AM »
so anyone know  where I can get a bubbler  for my dock?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:11 AM »
While dock repair is usually more of a lakefrontproperty
issue than a lake-management issue, the use
of de-icers is a dock-repair strategy that dips into the
realm of lake management. Also known as ice bubblers
or ice eaters, de-icers have been used to prevent
ice damage around boats, docks and breakwalls in
areas where temperatures occasionally become cold
enough to freeze lakes, rivers and brackish waters.
De-icers push deep, warmer waters upward, causing
continuous water movement. A ˝-hp motor will
keep a 50-foot-diameter area clear of ice in quiet
waters, while a 3/4-hp motor will keep a 75-footdiameter
area open.
Effective use of de-icers along log cribbing on
Lake George and other Adirondack lakes seems to
be reducing ice-push damage. De-icers or ice-eaters
can be obtained through most marine equipment
suppliers.
A “bubbler” does not generally require a DEC
permit around a private dock and breakwall. Safety
issues must be considered, however, since the
affected area can be widespread. Small bubblers may
only thin and weaken the surrounding ice, posing
an invisible danger to people using the lake ice for
winter recreation. Use of such devices near public
access areas may be restricted by community and
park authorities. It is wise to contact local officials,
the regional DEC office, and the APA if the lake is
within the Adirondack Park before installing such
a device.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/water_pdf/dietlakech8.pdf

if it is eating ice  in a public access  and posses a safty risk it appears you do in fact  have a few rights  , I guess I would as a group contact the  dec and local  government I would also  ask a local news station to come out and report on this asking why the state and town are allowing public access  to be ruined and  fisherman  endangered ......  sounds like you may have a legit complaint if  public access is being ruined

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:15 AM »
so anyone know  where I can get a bubbler  for my dock?
LOL  ;D ;D :clap: :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Good way to start my day trapper thanks   On another note. I started fishing LG in 2008. Bubbler issue has been going on forever as I understand. ICEWANDER has a good idea about going to the meetings to at least talk about it.  If you could get a group together to attend these meetings express concerns then maybe it would help. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:18 AM »
It's Spring, the only turkeys I want to be dealing with are the real ones.  ;D

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

That was last year, March 28th.

march 28???? in new York????

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 30, 2015, 05:52 AM »
Out west.

Check out JJ's reports on MHF.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:19 AM »
nice looking birds

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:47 AM »
While dock repair is usually more of a lakefrontproperty
issue than a lake-management issue, the use
of de-icers is a dock-repair strategy that dips into the
realm of lake management. Also known as ice bubblers
or ice eaters, de-icers have been used to prevent
ice damage around boats, docks and breakwalls in
areas where temperatures occasionally become cold
enough to freeze lakes, rivers and brackish waters.
De-icers push deep, warmer waters upward, causing
continuous water movement. A ˝-hp motor will
keep a 50-foot-diameter area clear of ice in quiet
waters, while a 3/4-hp motor will keep a 75-footdiameter
area open.
Effective use of de-icers along log cribbing on
Lake George and other Adirondack lakes seems to
be reducing ice-push damage. De-icers or ice-eaters
can be obtained through most marine equipment
suppliers.
A “bubbler” does not generally require a DEC
permit around a private dock and breakwall. Safety
issues must be considered, however, since the
affected area can be widespread. Small bubblers may
only thin and weaken the surrounding ice, posing
an invisible danger to people using the lake ice for
winter recreation. Use of such devices near public
access areas may be restricted by community and
park authorities. It is wise to contact local officials,
the regional DEC office, and the APA if the lake is
within the Adirondack Park before installing such
a device.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/water_pdf/dietlakech8.pdf

if it is eating ice  in a public access  and posses a safty risk it appears you do in fact  have a few rights  , I guess I would as a group contact the  dec and local  government I would also  ask a local news station to come out and report on this asking why the state and town are allowing public access  to be ruined and  fisherman  endangered ......  sounds like you may have a legit complaint if  public access is being ruined

Hats off to a good post. Now rather then all off you b***h and argue some more...this man just came forward with something you all need to pursue. if all you butt hurt clowns got off the keyboard and stopped bickering like women pointing individuals out you might accomplish your goal. If you always do what you did you will always get what you got. Go be heard by other people off of the forums. Make the difference. Keep bickering there just going to lock the thread.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #45 on: Mar 30, 2015, 09:33 AM »
You guys need to fish more and whine less.

New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.