Author Topic: New Insulated flip over. My head is spinning  (Read 3024 times)

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Insulated flip over. My head is spinning
« on: Dec 01, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Trying to decide on an insulated flip over and am overwhelmed by all the choices out there. Looking at spending $600-$800.
Have 3 pages of comparisons from one to another. This one has 22 ft fishable space and another with 80" of height to stand up on. I'm spinning with data.
Clam, Frabill, Otter, Eskimo........ahhhhhhh hhhhh
What's your advice?

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Insulated flip over. My head is spinning
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2016, 09:50 PM »
Some say Ford, Chevy or Toyota.... I say Frabill With Side Step Doors.  Even I WISH I had the Side Step Doors...

3 cents
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2016, 09:50 PM »
single or double ?  Where you fish mostly ? 11 mile ?  Chance of a lot of wind ?  Thermal will be a little heavier, Evo-1 and 2 are nice with a little more fishing space. a small heater in any of them will take the cold bite off.  Being able to stand up inside would be a plus for me.  Gander Thorton has one Evo-1 at the close out price 40% off.  If that would be to your liking, better not wait long or its gone.
Bud

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Double. Insulated. I'm leaning on the Citadel 3255 which is a side in/out but cannot find anyone who has one. They all will not guarantee delivery before 1st of year. What a bunch of bs.

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2016, 04:32 AM »
Have you checked with Amazon? They show 14 in stock;

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-Citadel-Insulated-Flip-Over-Seats/dp/B00XD5LYOK
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline walleyeslayer06

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2016, 11:18 AM »
I second the "skip the insulated" route.  I have always fished uninsulated tents, a heater on low will keep you warm in any weather.  Saves you a ton of $ to spend on beer.

Offline PerchRapala

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I have the Frabill 4255 Predator sidestep. It's like a palace. Little pricey, Cabela's (where I got mine) has them for $899.

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2016, 01:27 PM »
 We sell a bunch of different shelters . The  bigger ones we special order for guys and have used and see all the types.

Best made IMO are Otters but also the most expensive. Frabill makes a Good hut as well and still up in price. Clam good products and usually a little better in price. Eskimo best Bang for the buck.

Our most popular  last year and now this year is the Eskimo EVO series . They are a hybrid  Combo Flip Pop up. They offer the MOST fishable area of any Flip or similar shelter out there. This year they added an insulated top , is nice holds the heat and keeps condensation from building up on the roof and causing a rain storm inside. You can even fish 3 guys inside with some room to spare on the EVO2. Set up you have OVER 34 sq feet of fishable area. Easy set up and take down with side entrees.

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Well, I went with the Clam Yukon X insulated. Couldn't get anyone to guarantee it by the 1st so Bass Pro had the Clam and a Frabill Bro sidestep. Clam was a bit bigger and higher so went with that. Now to start the mods to get it the way I want. Matches my Clam hub too.

Offline icecold23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2016, 04:19 PM »
I just purchased the Frabill Bro SideStep.  I was coming from a Trekker DLX, so I knew the basic layout of what the Bro was offering.

The side-step and insulated were the two deciding factors for my switch.  Looked at some of the other side-steps, but they were going to be too heavy to pull by hand.

Finding it on sale for less than 500 helped in the decision making process as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.