Author Topic: New to the area, but ready to fish.  (Read 1627 times)

Offline huntnfish

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the area, but ready to fish.
« on: Nov 18, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Hey, I just moved to the area and looking for some good spots to Ice Fish.  I'm from NE, so I am used to catching perch, gills, and pike.  Can anyone suggest some good spots for them. 

Never really tried catching trout through the ice, so maybe y'all can give me some tips on them, also.

If you could help a brother out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :tipup:

Offline afishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: New to the area, but ready to fish.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Welcome to Colorado. Where are you at and how for do you want to drive? Check http://wildlife.state.co.us/ for your region. The reports are from earlier in the fall but lots of waters are listed and have interactive maps to show where they are. Have fun and stay warm. afishingfool

Offline huntnfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Livin' in the Castle Rock area right now.  Don't really care, mostly I just go for the day.  Just need a spot to catch a nice pile of fish.  Thanks  Huntnfish

Offline Fish Wolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2007, 11:21 AM »
11 Mile and Antero are about 1 to 1.5 hours from you and those are some of the best trout lakes in the state. 11 Mile also has pike and the perch population is slowing growing.

Offline steamer6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Welcome to Colorado!!!Boyd for Perch and Gills...Pike 11 mile is king on the east side of the divide. I have heard monument lake is good for pike and slimers. Going to Dillon next weekend!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.