Author Topic: Pleased with Lazer hand auger (so far)  (Read 484 times)

Offline Cluster Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
Pleased with Lazer hand auger (so far)
« on: Jan 18, 2016, 04:32 PM »
The wife and I went to a lake near Colorado Springs Sunday a.m..  Had some nibbles on tubes tipped with waxies, but nothing stuck.  My learning curve from plane stoopid to less dumb is usually very steep (Or is it shallow?  Dunno. :o).

We're newbies to solid water angling.  I tried my new Strikemaster Lazer 6 inch hand auger the first time.  It performed very well, I thought.  I drilled 10 holes in 14 inches of ice fairly quickly.  Reopened 6 holes about 6 inches each in a snap.  All in a three hour period.  Way better than the 8 inch Eskimo I borrowed last February our first time out.  Could barely drill three holes in 18 inches of Antero ice last year- the wife had to help me with the last hole.  Maybe losing 20 pounds, working out, and getting a new knee helped some.  :whistle:

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
Re: Pleased with Lazer hand auger (so far)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2016, 04:55 PM »
I bought a 7" lazer last year. I put new blades on it this season. I luv it. Great auger. Only thing I don't like is the replacement blades are almost as much as the auger. Well worth the money for hand auger. I paid 90 for it and 65 for the New blades. i def recommend having them sharpened at the end of season or getting New ones

Offline Cluster Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2016, 04:59 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  Does anyone know how to best use the Lazer blade sharpening tool?  I bought it with the auger.  I read that I should be verrrrrrry careful about sharpening my own blades, so I don't want to misuse the tool. :nono:  I'm more like Mr. Bean than Mr. Fixit.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:53 PM »
With all the great things you say about yourself I could swear you are one of my friends from the Denver area.  He is always cutting himself down. I'm sure you did good and if your new to the sport you will only get better with experience.
<===Lefty===

Offline Granbysbia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2016, 07:50 PM »
Yeah, be careful for sure. Super dangerous and don't work that great

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.